cannizzaro & me

joewilly

I just got an email from jetsinsider. Mark was attempting to defend himself about complaining of poor nyj pr relations in what must have been a previous story.

I responded to him via email:

dear mark, with all due respect you still came off as a whiner to me in your defense of yourself. I don't think belichek or parcells ever worry about good pr. there time is better spent on coaching. less is more when offering info about the team.

I don't think it is a mangini problem, a pr problem or a fergeson problem. it is a reporter problem. any fan worth their salt now realizes we don't need an oracle for position of head coach. If Herm taught us nothing else, he taught us a head coaches time is better spent on stuff like clock management than massaging the media & giving away gameplans for the sake of good pr.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sooth is getting owned in that thread. He knows he's wrong too.

Funny sh#t from a few people in that thread. :cheers:

He's getting owned with some very intelligent comments.

For awhile there I thought they were going to light the torches pick up

the pitchforks and march on his castle.

Originally Posted by Untouchable

Don't bother. You won't get through to Sooth.

He can't be objective on this topic and admit that Canni is wrong. Because their friends. rolleyes.gif

Get through to me? Are you kidding?

I say what's on my mind becasue it's what I believe. I am not infuenced by anything or any friendship I may or may not have.

Sooth is such a friggin joke. He is probably the only one there other than Rude Polack, who I think is a relative of his, that actually defends Cannizzaro. Then he goes on to say that it is not fun to have a media pass and that it is "work", that he doesn't enjoy having that privelage. First he alienates his longterm members with a $55 VIP forum that offers nothing in the way of value, now he is alienating the majority of his members by vehemently defending the man who is his meal ticket behind his $55 ripoff. If the majority of the people that still frequent that place had even half a brain they would have left a long time ago.

Boozer,

I wouldn't knock any of the posters over there. There are a lot of posters there that I have a ton of respect for and that have lots of knowledge about the game. People get comfortable posting in one place so I understand why they don't leave.

But Sooth is getting owned in that thread. He is stubborn no doubt about it. Everyone else is wrong, he is right. Deja vu all over again.

Boozer,

I wouldn't knock any of the posters over there. There are a lot of posters there that I have a ton of respect for and that have lots of knowledge about the game. People get comfortable posting in one place so I understand why they don't leave.

But Sooth is getting owned in that thread. He is stubborn no doubt about it. Everyone else is wrong, he is right. Deja vu all over again.

Sorry Max maybe I shouldn't have been so direct, but I call it like I see it. Those that still hung around after the $55 VIP fiasco and watched him ban lifelong members because they voiced their opinion over the lunacy of such a thing have hno excuse. Newer members that weren't around for that are now getting a good dose of the reality of Sooth the sellout.

Sorry Max maybe I shouldn't have been so direct, but I call it like I see it. Those that still hung around after the $55 VIP fiasco and watched him ban lifelong members because they voiced their opinion over the lunacy of such a thing have hno excuse. Newer members that weren't around for that are now getting a good dose of the reality of Sooth the sellout.

I hear what you are saying. I see threads like that and honestly I feel vindicated. I was told to leave, was called a big baby and I didn't cause problems over there.

So yes I agree, a lot of people are seeing this for the first time so it is a dose of reality for them.

But seeing guys like MSGOLD12 and Warfish....guys like that are great posters. They don't name call and they are good to read. That is what helped build that site. Seeing guys like that call him out (in a tactful and professional manner) honestly that tells me all I need to know.

I hear what you are saying. I see threads like that and honestly I feel vindicated. I was told to leave, was called a big baby and I didn't cause problems over there.

So yes I agree, a lot of people are seeing this for the first time so it is a dose of reality for them.

But seeing guys like MSGOLD12 and Warfish....guys like that are great posters. They don't name call and they are good to read. That is what helped build that site. Seeing guys like that call him out (in a tactful and professional manner) honestly that tells me all I need to know.

Max, I thought Warsfish's comments were probably the best of the lot.

Time for me to stir up some crap in that thread.:cheers:

so how is that different then any other typical tx post?... its not as if you post anything other then stirred up crap! :rolleyes:

unless of course alk gets there first and then it is just regurgitated stirred up crap!

You know what, here's the bottom line that Sooth and Can-o-fatso will never tell you: A HC can never win with the media regardless of whether or not he talks to them unless he is winning games. If Mangini tells them all to go to hell and wins 16 games and the SB then they still have no choice but to write good things. If he treats them like Herm and loses 16 games he is still going to raked over the coles in the media. Giving them a story today does nothing to boost or diminish anything to do with his job and his ability to hold it. The media does not have that power, as clearly demonstrated with DuhHerm. They raked Herm over the coles numerous times and only when the writing was on the wall and the media realized their easy meal ticket was leaving did they come to his defense.

The simple truth of this matter is the writers get paid to write, and when they lack information to write about they either have to work harder or not be paid. Simple as that. What they will continue to do as Mangini continues to ignore them is amplify the criticism in the hopes that Mangini finally cracks under pressure and gives them something to write about. Parcells got a pass simply because he won. That's the only reason the NY media layed off him because it would have revealed the desperate dedsire to gain a paycheck at all costs. Belicheck would have been villified here if he stayed and did not win early on. It takes a very strong willed man to completely ignore the negative articles the NY media will start writing about you in retaliation for not accomodating them. I hope Mangini is that type of man, because he hasn't even seen a fraction of what is to come during the season when we start losing games. The media will not place the blame on QB issues, DL issues, OL issues, WR issues, or RB issues. They will lay the entire blame on the coach and villify him to the likes Mangini has never seen. If he can get through this season without letting it get to him I am convinced that our new coach has the resolve to get the job done.

I just got an email from jetsinsider. Mark was attempting to defend himself about complaining of poor nyj pr relations in what must have been a previous story.

I responded to him via email:

dear mark, with all due respect you still came off as a whiner to me in your defense of yourself. I don't think belichek or parcells ever worry about good pr. there time is better spent on coaching. less is more when offering info about the team.

I don't think it is a mangini problem, a pr problem or a fergeson problem. it is a reporter problem. any fan worth their salt now realizes we don't need an oracle for position of head coach. If Herm taught us nothing else, he taught us a head coaches time is better spent on stuff like clock management than massaging the media & giving away gameplans for the sake of good pr.

Holy crap, joewilly just ripped Sooth a new one in that thread.:eek:

Beans, go over there and copy that for this week's POTW.

Archived