Shawn Chacon for Craig Wilson

Smizzy

This is the equivalent of the Jets trading a DT for a QB today.

No it's not. Wilson is a very good bench player and can play 3 posisions well. Plus he's a very good hitter with a 850 OPS. Chacon was not going to play any part on this team. They got a 850OPS hitter for a guy that was gonna be DFA'd. It's a ROBBERY.

This is the equivalent of the Jets trading a DT for a QB today.

No its not. You never know what you have with Sheff and Matsui coming back. And we needed to replace Andy Phillips and his 0fer4 every night.

Huge steal by Cashman. Also gives us a very good player for the bench.

I love this move almost as much as the Abreu trade.

No it's not. Wilson is a very good bench player and can play 3 posisions well. Plus he's a very good hitter with a 850 OPS. Chacon was not going to play any part on this team. They got a 850OPS hitter for a guy that was gonna be DFA'd. It's a ROBBERY.

Not saying the deal doesn't favor us.....We don't need another bat after adding Abreu last night.

It's overkill. Our pitching staff needed a boost. Corey Lidle isn't it. We are in the same boat as last week except we added 2 bats.

I wouldn't say they got raped. I don't see how the bucs really need chacon, but we weren't going to have craig wilson at the end of this year anyway, and he isn't very important to us this year either. I find it hard to believe that chacon is the best we could have gotten for him, but apparantly it was. Hopefully chacon will do better in the NL and we can trade him at the break next year, lol.

You guys should have made a deal with us for Kip Wells too, but I guess you're happy with Jaret Wright. I wish we had some rangers fans here, I'd like to know something more about this Jesse Chavez kid.

I am shocked Cashman got this done. Wilson is a good player. Chacon just couldn't get it done this year. It was time to cut ties with him. The pitching situation is still a concern but this makes them a better team.

Not saying the deal doesn't favor us.....We don't need another bat after adding Abreu last night.

It's overkill. Our pitching staff needed a boost. Corey Lidle isn't it. We are in the same boat as last week except we added 2 bats.

Disagree. Lidle will give you some innings, which is more then guys like Chacon, Wright or Ponson were doing. That helps the pen a bit. Lidle has had decent success in the AL. He also seems to be a better 2nd half pitcher then a 1st half.

Wilson is a bat who has a career .556 slugging % against lefties. He also can play 1B, LF, RF, and Catch in a pinch (I think he has 40 games under his belt in the past 4 years. Not much, but enough for a #3).

Nice move.

I wouldn't say they got raped. I don't see how the bucs really need chacon, but we weren't going to have craig wilson at the end of this year anyway, and he isn't very important to us this year either. I find it hard to believe that chacon is the best we could have gotten for him, but apparantly it was. Hopefully chacon will do better in the NL and we can trade him at the break next year, lol.

I'm not sure you guys will have Chacon next year either. He will ask for at least the same money as this year (3.6 million) and if you do not offer arb, he will be a FA anyway. SO you maybe really did not gain anything.

Besides, he has a 7.00 ERA. The 3rd worse of any Major League pitcher with at least 60 innings.

Archived