Maddux to Dodgers

Smizzy

A sad day. Maddux, although he spent as much time with the Braves, was a fixture at Wrigley and did many great things there. I hope when he gets to Cooperstown, he's wearing Cub blue. Good for him - he's closer to his family and is away from toothpick man and all that goes with that.

This guy defines professional. Thanks GM for all you did.

Izturis is a great glove if his arm heals right. Everybody wins in this.

A sad day. Maddux, although he spent as much time with the Braves, was a fixture at Wrigley and did many great things there. I hope when he gets to Cooperstown, he's wearing Cub blue.

Well he played for the Cubs for 10 (2 part time) seasons, Braves 11. He won 20 games once for each franchise. But there is no way he goes into the Hall Of Fame as a Cubbie. He is a Brave. He won 133 games for the Cubs and 194 for the Braves. Nevermind the Championship and all the postseason stuff. I don't think this one is even close.

Well he played for the Cubs for 10 (2 part time) seasons, Braves 11. He won 20 games once for each franchise. But there is no way he goes into the Hall Of Fame as a Cubbie. He is a Brave. He won 133 games for the Cubs and 194 for the Braves. Nevermind the Championship and all the postseason stuff. I don't think this one is even close.

Agree. I believe he won more Cy Young awards with teh Braves then he did with the Cubbies. He also achieved his fame as a top pitcher while wearing a Braves uniform. I doubt he goes in as a Cub.

He should enjoy pitching for the Dodgers, Big stadium. Tough park to hit in. I bet he has a solid 2 months.

Archived