:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

BENCH

=====

OF Bernie Willliams {S}

1B/OF Craig Wilson {R}

OF Melky Cabrera {L}

IF Miguel Cairo {R}

C Sal Fasano {R}

Note: I have Shef & Matsui hitting down in the lineup cause their both coming off season long injuries

OBTW, I love the Abreu addition ... absolute heist

Wilson was an outstanding move as well ... huge upgrade over Phillips as a part-time 1B, 1B defensive replacement, and he can even play some OF in a pinch

and we only need Lidle to be a decent #4 or #5

=======

I Give the Cash-man an A+

:yahoo:

SERIOUS QUESTION

In the history of baseball has there ever been a better match of "TEAM" and the GM's last name?

As the Beatles once said ...

Cause I'm the Cash-man ... Woooo, ooooo ... I'm the Cash-ma-aaan!

:yahoo:

Granted its not his cash .. these benjamins belong to BIG STEIN .. but the Cash-man spent it wisely :grin:

Where is the starting pitching? this team doesn't go any deeper in the playoffs with these additions.

Correct Smizzy.

Same old Yankee mistake that even brings Ham back to the forum now that the lean times are over.

Offense is not the Yankee problem. Mets grab a young starter with great potential for the future and the Yanks take on yet another salary dump for a bat thinking you can hit your way past good play-off pitching.

Abreu changes nothing.....Yanks go as far as Randy takes them.

The pitching is the key. BUT trading for pitching now would have been a mistake. They go as far as RJ takes them. Moose and Wang have done well. If Lidle can be a reliable # 5 kudos to Cashman.

Correct Smizzy.

Same old Yankee mistake that even brings Ham back to the forum now that the lean times are over.

Offense is not the Yankee problem. Mets grab a young starter with great potential for the future and the Yanks take on yet another salary dump for a bat thinking you can hit your way past good play-off pitching.

Um. Oliverz Perez sucks. A lot.

and the Yanks take on yet another salary dump for a bat thinking you can hit your way past good play-off pitching.

Now, if the Yanks make the playoffs their top 3 guys wold be:

Moose

Wang

Johnson.

Do you really think they could have upgraded over any of those 3 guys through free agency? Hopefully Lidle can turn out to be a decent 5th starter.

Aside from the Angels, I'd take that 3 over any other in the AL.

Good to see you back, Ham!

And that lineup has got to be the greatest 1-9 lineup ever put on paper.

We also got Lidle, who was probably the best pitcher that moved during this trading season. We werent gonna get a better #3 than Randy, Moose or Wang, unless you wanted to give up Hughes and Tabata!

Um. Oliverz Perez sucks. A lot.

He has the stuff to be a dominant pitcher, its just a matter of consistantly pitching at his top level. Same with Kip Wells, he has some very good stuff too, they just need to get to that next level. I agree that the yanks couldn't do much more than they did though, there weren't really that many options out there.

He has the stuff to be a dominant pitcher, its just a matter of consistantly pitching at his top level. Same with Kip Wells, he has some very good stuff too, they just need to get to that next level. I agree that the yanks couldn't do much more than they did though, there wasn't really that many good starters out there.

You know how many pitchers that have gone through the bigs that have had "the stuff" to be dominant?

The argument that's he's young holds no water. You can't be young and suck as a pitcher? Thats bs. Talk about potential all you want.

The guy has done the unthinkable and has had an even worse season that he did last year.

You know how many pitchers that have gone through the bigs that have had "the stuff" to be dominant?

The argument that's he's young holds no water. You can't be young and suck as a pitcher? Thats bs. Talk about potential all you want.

The guy has done the unthinkable and has had an even worse season that he did last year.

That explains why the yankees of the last 5 years traded away so many of their prospects.

Pretty interesting you were able to find that. Just curious, what was the date of that post?

Up until a certain point of the season, Bonderman was feasting on the Tigers easy schedule. He's come on as of late. But against teams like the Yanks and Sox, I still wouldnt count on him just yet. The Yankees have always seemed to have hit him with ease.

Pretty interesting you were able to find that. Just curious, what was the date of that post?

Up until a certain point of the season, Bonderman was feasting on the Tigers easy schedule. He's come on as of late. But against teams like the Yanks and Sox, I still wouldnt count on him just yet. The Yankees have always seemed to have hit him with ease.

Wasn't hard, just need to know how to use the search feature. Anyway, not all, probably not most dominant pitchers aren't dominant when they're 25 years old. He's got a few more years before he's considered garbage.

GS, I always find extremely amusing as well. He always preaches how the Yankes need more pitching, but whenever the name Wily Mo Pena comes up he begins foaming from the mouth. I thought you never give up pitching for a bat?

Arroyo for Willy Mo= great move.

Yanks aquiring Abreu for next to nothing = bad move.

Right.

I get the feeling that once Sheffield knows his option isn't getting picked up he will either be hurt or home in Tampa in September. And the way Melky's playing, just as well. Let Matsui DH; Melky's a better defensive LF.

LOL. I was just about to post the same thing.

Dont worry though, he's a good "big game" pitcher.

LOL....come on Matt give him a start or two to get back.

Wily Mo is 2x the talent Arroyo is.

Remember you were wrong on Wright, Beltran and Bonderman so chief talent evaluator you are not.

GS, I always find extremely amusing as well. He always preaches how the Yankes need more pitching, but whenever the name Wily Mo Pena comes up he begins foaming from the mouth. I thought you never give up pitching for a bat?

Arroyo for Willy Mo= great move.

Yanks aquiring Abreu for next to nothing = bad move.

Right.

I didn't say bad move....I said uneeded.

Correct Smizzy.

What we needed was a 5th starter and we got a good one in Lidle. No he's not an ace but we already have some pretty good pitchers. Mussina and Wang are very reliable and Johnson has been better lately but was awful in his last start. Either way, getting Abreu and Lidle for a bunch of blah minor league prospects is a total steal, and I didn't see the Sawx making themselves any better.

i'd bench sheff* (start him 1-2x a week) and start melky at LF and shift matsui to DH

screw sheff, its time for the future

and i think its safe to say no pitcher will throw a CG against that Yankees lineup, look at the high OBP's

Oliver Perez needs more then the Rick Peterson "10 minute" fix.

A lot more.

Archived