Sign in to follow this  
Matt39

Varitek possibly headed to the DL

A win this year is as important as a win 1,2,3,4 years down the road. As long as you make smart trades and don't give up your best prospects for 2 or 3 months of baseball from a mediocre player or two.

Except, if the Sox lose Papi and Manny for a while, we don't have A-Rod, Giambi, Jeter, and Damon (or anyone like those) still to pick up the slack.

That's what $200 million buys you.

I think its more like $225 million now, btw.

baseballyankees.jpg

Honestly, he doesn't look much bigger to me. Must be some pretty ****ty roids.

Plus everyone knows its impossible to bulk up without roids. Don't be an idiot.

Yeah, its impossible for players to find their power without steroids like Ortiz did. Its impossible to naturally go from from 10 HR a year, to about 20 HR a year, then to 31, and then to 41, and then all of a sudden completely out of nowhere get 47 and into the MVP race. Its impossible to just become a better hitter like that, especially between age 25-31 during the first half of most hitters primes. He must be on roids.

Dude, the whole league is on 'roids, or do you think it's the more tightly wound ball?

I think its a combination of things. People in general being stronger due to taking better care of their bodies and the fact that building muscle and hitting have become a science among other things, sure a small part has been steroids. I doubt "the whole league" is on roids. I'd say less than 25%, if that. At one time a very large part of the league was probably using some kind of performance enhancers, but I think that part has probably been lessened in the past few years. There's a good chance some are being swept under the rug, but maybe people aren't testing positive because a lot of them gave it up. If I was a ballplayer juicing, and then all of a sudden, the **** hits the fan like it has, I certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to keep doing it. I especially doubt the likes of Bonds and Giambi, and the others who have been caught or accused are still using it.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company