Brady: Deion is the best of the elite receivers WR in the NFL

Sperm Edwards

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/08/01/brady.pats/index.html

"Deion is the most important player on our offense," Brady told SI.com. "When I look at the elite receivers in the game, he is second to nobody. He doesn't get a lot of the credit, because we do spread the ball around here, and he doesn't feel a need to promote himself like so many guys at that position. But he is that good."

(I wasn't aware he was even ONE of the elite WR's in the league, but ok...)

Like all great QBs, Brady has always deflected credit away from himself. He steers it towards his wideouts, back and line.

I would not be surprised if his abscence from camp was a show of support for Deoin and a message to Belichick.Pioli to get off their asses.

:rolleyes:

Brady and Deion are friends. Brady has always supported his team and has always given them credit for the team's success. Shoot - the man demands that his teammates join him in the commercials he does: Sirius radio with Deion and Troy. The credit card protection commercial everyone got so sick of with Brady and the O-line. Brady is a "team" guy. Plus, what do you expect a QB to say about his #1 receiver? He's not all that? That said, Brady missing practice as a show of defiance is about as laughable as it gets.

If this is true then the Pats do have a BIG problem.

Could be.

I would assume seeing Brady has not weilded this bat too often (ie. critical of the FO) before, he picks and chooses which fight to fight.

I think this is good for Deoin, but in the long run probably a little detrimental to the Patriots as a team.

Could be.

I would assume seeing Brady has not weilded this bat too often (ie. critical of the FO) before, he picks and chooses which fight to fight.

I think this is good for Deoin, but in the long run probably a little detrimental to the Patriots as a team.

Oh for Pete's sake!

Trust me on this, I live in Boston. Brady missing two practices as a show of defiance is, without question, utterly ridiculous. (Man, I've had a lot of utterly ridiculous going on lately). I hear his interviews on every local show - there would be zero indication that this is the case. Mountains out of mole hills, people. So, Troy missing the same amount of practice is a show of defiance too? Before the wrist break, Bruschi missed a practice or two. It's called giving the vets/leaders time off. McGinest hardly particpated in Camp last year. A side-line warrior, he was. That's what proven vets get - time off.

Oh for Pete's sake!

Trust me on this, I live in Boston. Brady missing two practices as a show of defiance is, without question, utterly ridiculous. (Man, I've had a lot of utterly ridiculous going on lately). I hear his interviews on every local show - there would be zero indication that this is the case. Mountains out of mole hills, people. So, Troy missing the same amount of practice is a show of defiance too? Before the wrist break, Bruschi missed a practice or two. It's called giving the vets/leaders time off. McGinest hardly particpated in Camp last year. A side-line warrior, he was. That's what proven vets get - time off.

Maybe.

Brady is as polished as a politician. As you said, he would never outwardly bag on a teammate, but he has twice now done it against the FO.

I do not think he staged a 'sick' day to protest Deoin's abscence from camp. However, his openly critisizing the FO is a shot across their bow. All things being equal, he is the one Patrioit that can do it and he did. Whether it was to get the ball rolling on it or maybe being on the inside he heard something. This was not a 'it is a business' rant. He called BS on the negotiations.

As I said above and I still believe, it will probably benefit Deoin, but not the team.

Where exactly does Brady diss the FO? He makes statements like : "Branch is an elite WR," "BB and Pioli are diciplined in their philosophy it's black and white," "I hope this gets done."

Mountians out of mole hills......

Like all great QBs, Brady has always deflected credit away from himself. He steers it towards his wideouts, back and line.

I would not be surprised if his abscence from camp was a show of support for Deoin and a message to Belichick.Pioli to get off their asses.[/quote]

ROFLMAO !!!!

right, now Cindy is giving mumbles ultimatums?? Youve been in the heat to long, better find some shade quick

Oh for Pete's sake!

Thank you Garb, good to see a patsie* fan not always blowing smoke..And Tx calls us homers???

btw, glad you are feeling better ;)

Yes, Raffy - and the homerism is at epic levels there. The inability of the fans at Patsfan.com to be objective is kind of scarey, actually.

PFSIK - a co-worker went to the invite-only practice last night. His feedback wasn't quite as positive as some of the stuff you read on Pats boards. As I have felt all along - he stated that the Pats will live and die by the health of their D-line. He saw me this morning and said "yup, they sure could have used Ty Law." He is also concerned about the receivers. Although he stated that Caldwell looked terrific - the most fluid receiver all night was Kevin Faulk.

The funny thing about these training camp sessions is that the only thing you can somewhat judge are the skills positions. Maybe some of you can key in on the o-line's footwork and make an assessment - or the safety's whatever -and make an assement - I can't.

2002 New England Patriots 13 7 43 489 11.4 49 2 6 2 22

2003 New England Patriots 15 11 57 803 14.1 66 3 9 2 40

2004 New England Patriots 9 9 35 454 13.0 26 4 6 0 27

2005 New England Patriots 16 15 78 998 12.8 51 5 13 1 51

TOTAL 53 42 213 2744 12.9 66 14 34 5 140

if this constitutes an elite WR in the NFL now the league is in serious trouble-12 yards a catch wow!

Deion Branch would be fighting for a roster spot on half the teams in the NFL.

I guess your streak has finally come to an end.

After two weeks of some solid posts, you revert back to your old ways with a completely dumbass comment like that.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Speaking of logic Barton, would you please list the 16 teams in the NFL that Branch would not make the roster?

Thanks in advance.

I didnt say he wouldnt make the roster. I said he'd have to compete to make the roster.

He's not a #1 WR. Every team in the AFCE has a better receiever (Coles, Chambers, Evans). He's a solid #2 at best on just about any NFL team.

Yes, Raffy - and the homerism is at epic levels there. The inability of the fans at Patsfan.com to be objective is kind of scarey, actually.

PFSIK - a co-worker went to the invite-only practice last night. His feedback wasn't quite as positive as some of the stuff you read on Pats boards. As I have felt all along - he stated that the Pats will live and die by the health of their D-line. He saw me this morning and said "yup, they sure could have used Ty Law." He is also concerned about the receivers. Although he stated that Caldwell looked terrific - the most fluid receiver all night was Kevin Faulk.

The funny thing about these training camp sessions is that the only thing you can somewhat judge are the skills positions. Maybe some of you can key in on the o-line's footwork and make an assessment - or the safety's whatever -and make an assement - I can't.

Understood, didn't realize that's what you guys were dealing with over there. I'd check it out for myself but it sounds like I might get sick from reading some of their threads.

He's not a #1 WR.

Did you ever hear me say he is a true #1 WR in the NFL? I don't think so.

BTW, if Branch was available to all 32 teams, he wouldn't even have to workout to make the roster of all 32.

Admit it, you made a stupid comment and got called out for it.

Did you ever hear me say he is a true #1 WR in the NFL? I don't think so.

BTW, if Branch was available to all 32 teams, he wouldn't even have to workout to make the roster of all 32.

Admit it, you made a stupid comment and got called out for it.

If Branch was available, maybe 10 teams would call him. Thats my point.

Most teams have way better options with their #1 and #2 than Branch could offer.

Coles is a #1, as he has shown in his career. Branch is about the 4th best WR in the AFCE. You said he's better than Coles because he has a SB mvp award? Going with that logic, he must be better than every single WR in the NFL because no other WR has a SB MVP award. Stupid logic, you got called out on that TX.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/08/01/brady.pats/index.html

"Deion is the most important player on our offense," Brady told SI.com. "When I look at the elite receivers in the game, he is second to nobody. He doesn't get a lot of the credit, because we do spread the ball around here, and he doesn't feel a need to promote himself like so many guys at that position. But he is that good."

(I wasn't aware he was even ONE of the elite WR's in the league, but ok...)

Obviously Tom Brady is piling on the compliments to Deion Branch for contractual and friendship reasons. However, as a clutch performer, I would say Deion is a top 5 receiver. In the playoffs who do you want? Deion Branch, a guy who has delivered in stressful crunch situations, or a choke-artist like Marvin Harrison who sits slouched on the bench while the steelers are on offense trying to put the blame on his defensive teammates?

Archived