Enter Sadman

Thor99

That said, he is clearly one of the best closers of all time.

rivera is not one of the all time best closers. [-X he is quite simply, the best ever. as far as the "sadman" stuff, the red sox need to get dusted with high & tight smoke!! it's been mentioned here a few times tonight & i could not agree more. he's still the sandman. he's just to lay the law down on how it's gonna be.

Let's revisit this in about a month.

Rivera is still the best outside of Gagne. And if tommorrow he retired he should get a plaque in Cooperstown the day after. How any Yankee fan could be this guy sickens me.

Hit his shoulder then head. By the way Timlin is dirt.

If you think Timlin intentionally hit Jeter then you know nothing about baseball. Timlin did not mean it and looked pretty concerned for Jeter after it happened.

That said, the yankees will bean someone on Monday (and they should). I think Manny or Ortiz. Possibly both.

If you think Timlin intentionally hit Jeter then you know nothing about baseball. Timlin did not mean it and looked pretty concerned for Jeter after it happened.

That said, the yankees will bean someone on Monday (and they should). I think Manny or Ortiz. Possibly both.

He didn't try to hit him but when you aren't accurate enough to throw some chin music to back the hitter off then don't throw it, that's what you are saying right?

He didn't try to hit him but when you aren't accurate enough to throw some chin music to back the hitter off then don't throw it, that's what you are saying right?

I would have been just high and tight if Jeter doesn't keep his entire upper torso right on top of the plate. It's not Timlin's fault that Derek is slow. Did you see him try to track down that ball through the hole? OC, ER and ARod would have gotten it. But no error, so he's awesome. Right EB?

Here's what bothers me somewhat about the whole "beanball" argument.

Do you guys really think these pitchers (starters and relievers) can throw at someone accuarately any given time they want to? I think at about 60 mph they can aim it anywhere they please...but not at 80+, I think all bets are off.

You guys are giving these guys way too much credit for being able to aim at the ass of some batter 60.6 feet away. Just my opinion.

Here is another opinion...The Yanks are collectively a bunch of p*ssyf@ggots and they do not want to incite a brawl with the dirtdogs of Boston for their own good.

The Yankees don't want to fight Boston, this is true. But the reason is much simplier than you think.

The Yankees are more talented and choose to do their talking on the field.

The 18 game difference between the 2 teams in the standings at the end of the year will prove my point.

I would have been just high and tight if Jeter doesn't keep his entire upper torso right on top of the plate. It's not Timlin's fault that Derek is slow. Did you see him try to track down that ball through the hole? OC, ER and ARod would have gotten it. But no error, so he's awesome. Right EB?

Good point, Thor. Derek Jeter does not have very good range. Over the course of his career, Jeter has had a very low average of plays made compared to the other SS's in the league. Check this out:

http://www.monmouth.edu/athletics/news/news_story.asp?iNewsID=2018&strBack=%2Fathletics%2Fnews%2Fnews_archive.asp

According to that study, Jeter averages about 4 plays made per game, while the average is above 5.

Here's another article:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/neyer_rob/1073134.html

Good point, Thor. Derek Jeter does not have very good range. Over the course of his career, Jeter has had a very low average of plays made compared to the other SS's in the league. Check this out:

http://www.monmouth.edu/athletics/news/news_story.asp?iNewsID=2018&strBack=%2Fathletics%2Fnews%2Fnews_archive.asp

According to that study, Jeter averages about 4 plays made per game, while the average is above 5.

Here's another article:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/neyer_rob/1073134.html

Don't tell me, tell Barton. Those stats disagree with his opinion, so they must be wrong.

Yes but when you factor in the aggregate fly ball\strike out total of the Yankee pitchers for the years 1996 - 2004 you will see why the range stat is flawed.

The cumulative ground ball totals for the Yankees staff in that timeframe was something like 6.87 while the leage average was over 11 I believe.

Therefore you can't base Jeter's "Lack Of Range" on fewer chances. It is a flawed stat.

Yes but when you factor in the aggregate fly ball\strike out total of the Yankee pitchers for the years 1996 - 2004 you will see why the range stat is flawed.

The cumulative ground ball totals for the Yankees staff in that timeframe was something like 6.87 while the leage average was over 11 I believe.

Therefore you can't base Jeter's "Lack Of Range" on fewer chances. It is a flawed stat.

precisely maxman 8)

so put a sock in it thor. I already proved you wrong

Regardless of how Maxman spins things...we all know Jetes cant go to his right like he used to.

Now, can't you see the writing on the wall? Alex Rodriguez was supposed to need one year to get acclamated to 1st base. He was supposed to have a "monster year" this season as the spotlight was now on Randy and the Balco boys. He was not supposed to get booed by the hometown fans anymore, remember???

What do you think fat george will say in mid-May with A-Rod still pressing and telling george privately: "Im still not comfortable in this position, I'd like to try my old postion again, I can promise, no errors and I can focus more on hitting"

Jetes will BE FORCED to put on a happy face and move to 2nd/3rd...or out of NY in a major shakeup if they are looking up at Boston???

stranger things have happened in Yankee-land.

Regardless of how Maxman spins things...we all know Jetes cant go to his right like he used to.

Now, can't you see the writing on the wall? Alex Rodriguez was supposed to need one year to get acclamated to 1st base. He was supposed to have a "monster year" this season as the spotlight was now on Randy and the Balco boys. He was not supposed to get booed by the hometown fans anymore, remember???

What do you think fat george will say in mid-May with A-Rod still pressing and telling george privately: "Im still not comfortable in this position, I'd like to try my old postion again, I can promise, no errors and I can focus more on hitting"

Jetes will BE FORCED to put on a happy face and move to 2nd/3rd...or out of NY in a major shakeup if they are looking up at Boston???

stranger things have happened in Yankee-land.

maybe you should be more concerned with the boston crumb bums starting pitching?? schilling only about 15 pounds fatter this year. all in the gut, no less. he looks like a slow pitch softball, beer league player. he's a mess!!

maybe you should be more concerned with the boston crumb bums starting pitching?? schilling only about 15 pounds fatter this year. all in the gut, no less. he looks like a slow pitch softball, beer league player. he's a mess!!

Well, now we know why Torre wanted to skip Wright's start.

Archived