Pouha to have surgery?

Maxman

From the NY Daily News:

SI-OW: Second-year NT Sione Pouha, expected to be a contributor in the defensive line rotation, will miss significant time with a knee injury that may require surgery, the Daily News has learned. Pouha, who reported to Jets camp in terrific shape, has been sidelined since Sunday. Mangini, adhering to his policy on injuries, has declined to give a prognosis.

Not good news especially with the lack of depth to begin with in the middle of the defensive line.

You're right, not good news at all...especially since this guy basically has no real NFL experience (what the hell did he do last year) and is 27 years old.

You're right, not good news at all...especially since this guy basically has no real NFL experience (what the hell did he do last year) and is 27 years old.

It really shows the lack of depth when we are lamenting missing a guy in his second year with practically no playing time at 27 years that he is possibly out

From the NY Daily News:

SI-OW: Second-year NT Sione Pouha, expected to be a contributor in the defensive line rotation, will miss significant time with a knee injury that may require surgery, the Daily News has learned. Pouha, who reported to Jets camp in terrific shape, has been sidelined since Sunday. Mangini, adhering to his policy on injuries, has declined to give a prognosis.

There goes the Jets 3-4 defense right down the toilet.

Barton I am pretty sure he has not signed with a team yet

I just googled him, last I saw was he visited w/raiders in late June.

He has not signed yet. The Jets should definetly take a look at him, he's probably the last solid Dtackle out there, but it seems like he wants to be paid some.

Pouha was having a great camp, and IMO, was outplaying Robertson. I fully expected to see him win that job outright at some point during the season. I think this is terrible news, and a real blow to the defense.

Outplaying Robertson? After how many practices? He didn't last long enough to make a serious determination.

Outplaying Robertson? After how many practices? He didn't last long enough to make a serious determination.

Over two days, 3 practices and almost 8 hours of field time, yeah, IMO Pouha was playing better than Robertson. Even Mangini talked about his play before he got hurt. Did I say he had beaten Roberson out? no..... I didn't. What I said was he was ouplaying him, and it doesn't have to be a whole preseason to make an observation like that.

Over two days, 3 practices and almost 8 hours of field time, yeah, IMO Pouha was playing better than Robertson. Even Mangini talked about his play before he got hurt. Did I say he had beaten Roberson out? no..... I didn't. What I said was he was ouplaying him, and it doesn't have to be a whole preseason to make an observation like that.

Didn't mean to shortchange your observations. Especially since you've actually been going to camp, but everybody is giving away jobs based upon 1 or 2 practices. (See Chad after day 1) For 2 days a hangnail could change the way a guy practices. It was probably premature to have any real idea of what Pouha would have been like this year. He certainly didn't show me anything last year. Shame is now we'll probably never know and he'll probably be a 28 year old who has never played coming off a major knee injury.

For the love of mercy.

bit thinks giving up two 1st's and a 4th for a player (one he still thinks is Pro Bowl material) is fine and he doesn't even know the players name.:eek:

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Honestly, I thought this guy was reach to begin with. DTs take a while to develop and he's already 27, but who knows? Not a huge loss in my book, but that position is getting thin in a hury if this is serious. Bring the Pope back?

Archived