Chad Pennington playing his way out of NY

Tinstar2

When fans think of what will happen with Chad Pennington come the 2007 season,most either believe that he will battle Kellen Clemens for the starting nod,or will be cut because he proved ineffective during the 2006 season.The Jets signing Patrick Ramsey to an extension lend credence to the possibly that Chad could lose out to Ramsey should Clemens win the dual or Pennington proves his unworthyness.

There's another senario that could develop whereby the Jets could actually gain a draft pick for a Player who was once considered a rising star,but has fallen by the wayside due to a recurring shoulder injury.What happens if Chad Pennington starts the 2006 season for the Jets,and proceeds to have a strong comeback season.Can the Jet afford to hold back the expected emergence of Clemens.Will the Jets be forced to re-evaluate the Contract of Chad pennington.I'm pretty certain that Pennington didn't just give back the money he was forced to this off season without having it somehow tied to his performance should he regain his starting position and have a strong year.Can the team afford to Pay clemens the type of money he will be making,and re-evaluate the contract of Pennington.

The strong possiblity exist that Chad Pennington could have a terrific season,and not be a member of the 2007 Jets.Personally I thought that Mangini should have gotten rid of Chad and begin his tenure with his chosen QB,but with all the glowing reports coming from Camp,having Pennington excell in 2006 could wind up providing the Jets with an unexpected windfall.

Thoughts.

If he proves that,and someone offers you a 3rd round pick for him,you make the deal,keep Ramsey and Let Clemens be the starter.

I most certainly do not make the deal.

For starters, it puts a nice sized strain on the salary cap..... to the tune of 9M dead cash.

I believe if you have a QB that can do it, you stick with him, regardless of who you drafted the previous year.

If Pennington turnsback into 2002 Pennington, a #3 is not nearly enough

PennyBoy is a complete joke.

I can't believe Jet fans thought that this complete loser was their "franchise QB" based on half a season of games over 4 years ago.

All you have to do is look at his record versus top defensive teams:

3-13

Yea, PennyBoy will take the Jets to the promised land.

I can't believe Jet fans thought that this complete loser was their "franchise QB" based on half a season of games over 4 years ago.

3-13

You're like a crack Ho when it comes to Chad.

You run out your tired ole stuff over and over just to get your fix.

Mangini has said time and time again that he will play the players who give us the best chance to win.

If Chad has a good season this year and leads us to a .500 record or better, then I fully expect him to stick around and be our starter until his play deteriorates or he gets injured again.

3-13

Hypothetical situation whereby you have nothing to lose because of your belief.Let's say Chad does what you swear he can't.You quit posting on any Jet site anywhere.

If that's too difficult for a great guy like yourself,how about you spare us your commentary about Jet Players and let your contributions be about the team you supposedly loves so much.

Mangini has said time and time again that he will play the players who give us the best chance to win.

If Chad has a good season this year and leads us to a .500 record or better, then I fully expect him to stick around and be our starter until his play deteriorates or he gets injured again.

If Chad who will be 31 come the 2007 season can get us a 3rd round pick in the draft that year,it would aid the Jets alot more than keeping him around and retarding Clemens assention as team leader.

I love Chad,have his Jersey on right now,with another upstairs and my oldest son has 1 also.If he has a great yr,I entertain trade offers without debate.

You're like a crack Ho when it comes to Chad.

You run out your tired ole stuff over and over just to get your fix.

Chad's more like Crystal Meth to TX.

You pick on the Meth, yet wait to take more meth, just so you can pick on the Meth.

Tx, that's just a vicious cycle!

Seek help!:baby:

Guys, ease up on ol' Tx.

Clemens will eventually unseat Pennington, whether it's through injury or just shows him up by throwing a few deep outs. This is like the "death rattle" for poor Tx. His biggest source of material will be gone after this season.

Guys, ease up on ol' Tx.

Clemens will eventually unseat Pennington, whether it's through injury or just shows him up by throwing a few deep outs. This is like the "death rattle" for poor Tx. His biggest source of material will be gone after this season.

He still have DROB in his side pocket.

3-13

:yawn:

Hypothetical situation whereby you have nothing to lose because of your belief.Let's say Chad does what you swear he can't.You quit posting on any Jet site anywhere.

If that's too difficult for a great guy like yourself,how about you spare us your commentary about Jet Players and let your contributions be about the team you supposedly loves so much.

Tin, are you kidding? LOL. He would never agree to that. Stop posting on

a Jet board??? If Max said he was taking the site down for 24 hours for

maintenance they would find Tex walkiing naked thru the streets blabbering

"Penny boy" Penny Boy".

The strong possiblity exist that Chad Pennington could have a terrific season,and not be a member of the 2007 Jets.Personally I thought that Mangini should have gotten rid of Chad and begin his tenure with his chosen QB,but with all the glowing reports coming from Camp,having Pennington excell in 2006 could wind up providing the Jets with an unexpected windfall.

Thoughts.

What "stong evidence" is there that PennyBoy can have a terrific season? All the loser has done is participate in practice wearing a red jersey.:eek:

Hell, my mother (she has a stronger arm than PennyBoy) could look good throwing the football with no pressure and contact.

Let's see what this loser does when the games are for real and his happy feet and poor pocket presence resurfaces.

I'm sure his deer-in-the-headlights look will once again return.

It's been way too quiet here.;)

OR someone pissed in his cornflakes - either way explains the situation. :D

#10 will be good for the Jets this season. They need a coach-type on the field for the kids on the OL. Will that translate into wins - not sure. Will that translate into 2002 minus the Raider playoff game - not sure. Will it be interesting to see - yes.

Archived