Where's the TC reports?

SoFlaJets

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smizzy,

If you intimated that I PM'd you on TX, I never did.

I would like you to talk to Max and I think it was Faba who told me a few

months ago that they recruited Tx to come on here and cause controversey.

I would like a full explanation as to what was to gain from that.

Also some of the posters here are claiming in various degrees that it

was done to increase traffic and therefore a financial gain to whomever

is involved in running this site. This never even entered my mind until

it was mentioned last nite. I am appalled if this is true.

Your suggestion to all of us to resolve the matter is to use the ignore

feature. Like you would have to be an idiot to not know from the

other posts in a thread that TX was spewing his BS and the guys were

responding to it.

I lost count last nite when it hit about 2 dozen different posters

on various threads complaining about the Frankenstein you mods have

created and set loose on what I generally think is a great board with

some intelligent guys with great senses of humor.

This problem just can't be resolved with the ignore feature.

Come on TX, just 4 more posts and you can have 10,000 posts of things that nobody wants to read.

Add that to your JI total and you are a clear winner with over 30,000 trolling posts.

BZ

wow that's pretty impressive-I just was on a thread over at JI and he's #2 right behind Ham with most posts ON A JETS MESSAGE BOARD-hey Smizzy you're still way up there too even with the 'banned' under your name-oh the shame

You know what Senior, I was wrong about you.

I thought you got it.

Obviously you don't.

Please go and enjoy your circle jerk with all your delusional friends.

Oh, he's got it bud....he sees through your bull****, and KNOWs you're a DOUCHEBAG

wow that's pretty impressive-I just was on a thread over at JI and he's #2 right behind Ham with most posts ON A JETS MESSAGE BOARD-hey Smizzy you're still way up there too even with the 'banned' under your name-oh the shame

thats not impressive....THATS DISTURBING,,,,,LOL

holy moses!

i cant believe that I have to come here and defend tx ( frankly it makes me just a wee bit sick! :lol: ) but if you dont like tx...put him on ignore...

frankly.. there is probably no one here who hasnt smack on a fellow poster.. and i have taken a ton of crap from tx... but either i ignore it or deal with it.

( smizzy ... i resent you calling the guys a bunch of girls.. you dont see US complaining! sheesh! ;) )

he gets more crap because he is a four trick pony... chad/drob/:eek:/nuge.... and a patsie fan.. heck pk throws around crap... but because he is in the service ( which i and everyone really appreciates) we cut him slack...

believe it or not..if you read between some of tx's same ole statements... he does say other stuff.. he may be misguided...and we might have heard the story about sitting on aluminum seats in the depths of december in foxboro more then once... but cmon.. we all do this...

i am sure i have repeated at least one set of lyrics at some point ;)

and if he is frightening off newbies, did we really want them here if htey have such a thin skin?

heck if i hit the "report" button everytime tx, pk, or max said something about me... i would have to replace that button because of wear...

ok i have said my peace... please dont make me defend tx again... it makes me ill. :lol:

:eek::eek::eek:

Smizzy,

it was mentioned last nite. I am appalled if this is true.

responding to it.

This problem just can't be resolved with the ignore feature.

I will let Max answer when he gets on but nothing has been done on this site for the owners to make money- I want to make that perfectly clear. I never said PatsFantx was recuited here to cause controversy- does he cause it obviously some people he rubs the wrong way- I know him awhile from JI and can personally vouch that he is a good person

frank

This thread is pretty funny. Sorry, but it is.

Trust me, you don't want this board to become a Jets love-in. Objectivity gets lost. Check out Patsfans.com if you don't beleive me. I get beaten like a dead horse over there when I post something like: "Take off the homer glasses, DB's are a major concern and our best Wide Out right now is Reche Caldwell? Color this Pats fan worried." Differing opinion and dissent are tolerated there but man, you get awfully unpopular. :)

Sure, TX flames .....but jeez Louise, it's his "thing" - get thicker skin or combat verbally. That's what messageboards are for.

Trust me, you don't want this board to become a Jets love-in. Objectivity gets lost. Check out Patsfans.com if you don't beleive me. I get beaten like a dead horse over there when I post something like: "Take off the homer glasses, DB's are a major concern and our best Wide Out right now is Reche Caldwell? Color this Pats fan worried." Differing opinion and dissent are tolerated there but man, you get awfully unpopular. :)

Sure, TX flames .....but jeez Louise, it's his "thing" - get thicker skin or combat verbally. That's what messageboards are for.

That's the argument I just don't understand. The board will become a

Jets love-in. If you scan the Jet message boards there is generally

more negativity posts than positive. Its more that "I can do a better

job then the CS can."

I will buy dinner for any poster on here that can come up with one

single item that everyone was in 100 pct agreement to. There are

even guys that still are in Herm's corner.

And the argument that we need Tx to give a different opinion is

assinine. There are more different opinions here than you can

shake a stick at. if we need someone like him on here we should all

pack it in.

Let him take his "thing" and stick it up his ass.

I'm thick skin and I combat verbally.

Hey, Green girl. You better stock up on the Pepto Bismol.

Objectivity is the ideal condition. "That's his thing" is fine while scary if that's why one is on a message board. On ocassions something else needs to be brought to the table other than so and so sucks. It's been a very long time since TX has provided that. Combating verbally as you suggest simply hi-jacks the thread as is TX's intention to begin with.

I wandered over to the other board out of curiosity and the exact same condition and complaints exist. I dig TX and he knows that but he has slipped into non stop rubbish post condition for months now as Smizzy accurately stated.

When someone takes the time to post for others what they saw at TC it should not ALWAYS have to be interuppted by posts with no value other than to raise others ire.

Again, objectivity, sarcasm, humor are all great parts of a message board as they off set homerism. Non stop negative sarcasm however has gotten stale.

I will let Max answer when he gets on but nothing has been done on this site for the owners to make money- I want to make that perfectly clear. I never said PatsFantx was recuited here to cause controversy- does he cause it obviously some people he rubs the wrong way- I know him awhile from JI and can personally vouch that he is a good person

frank

Frank, I believe you about money. I only mentioned it because some guys

intimated it last nite.

As for the recruiting remark. Max did say it. I forget a lot of things these

days but I specifically remember that. In fact the same day Tx as it were

made a joke about it and I came back and said yeah if Max was an

army recruiter we would have lost WW2, he recruits the enemy.

Tx being a good person does not solve the problem that a lot of us

have brought up to you last nite and today.

See, the thing is, if the Pats and their fans hadn't won a few SB's over the past several years, you wouldn't hear a peep from them on these "Jets" message boards. I post on the baseball forum as well and damn, the Red Sox fans think they invented baseball for god's sake...one freaken WS championship in 84 or so years and they know it all. I hope when we win our (SB), we can handle it with more dignity...StillerPaul is an excellent example of a fan that can hold his head high. He could easily be as obnoxious as most Pat fans that post here on this board... but, he's class all the way.

It's one thing for a fellow Jets fan to get in another's face, it's a whole different story for a rival...my neighbor (dolphins fan) already called the fuzz on me once...he thinks I killed his dog...;).

.....It's not my place to say, but I will anyway 'cause that's "my thing" ;)

Ignore TX if he bothers you so much. Yes, I am a Pats fan saying this and according to some of you that makes me a "douchebag" LOL! Please do continue with the Pats are doomed threads in addition to the Brady is gay threads. Now THOSE are enlightning!

The regular season can't come soon enough. Real football "talk" in the future, perhaps? :)

. Some thoughts from the chaos that I saw on Saturday:

Is Erik Coleman still sick? Is he really even sick? Where is David Barrett? I didn't notice Stacy Tutt on the field, but with so many players, I might have just missed him.

During warmups, Kendall was working snaps with Pennington at the outset. It's clear today is one that Pennington won't be getting the starting reps.

Leon Washington trotted around, and at 5'9" looks pretty small on the field, but physically reminds me something of Barry Sanders' build (saying NOTHING about his game)Short, but powerfully built.

Graham was booming 70 yard (total distance) punts at the beginning of practice.

Bollinger took first team snaps today and Cedric Houston took the snaps with him.

Coles was out on the field today in warmup pants... PANTS!!! He was the only one doing that as far as I could tell.

Watching Baker run, he looks pretty well recovered from his broken leg last year

The first (and every other) time Pennington took snaps (which was limited) the crowd would cheer for Pennington.

Vilma lead the team as they huddled and lined up along the field to take their stretches. The stretches were very orderly, whistles to announce the next position, and the players changing postures in unison like soldiers. Wichusen lets us know that this will be the same routine that the players will do come fall at the Meadowlands.

As the team stretched, the kid behind me sitting with his dad asked "why are the refs stretching?"

As the team stretched, Mangini was chatting it up with Brad Kassell for a few minutes.

After stretches During the Team Takeoff Drill (quick succession of plays while the next unit stood ready) or ran along side the unit, Penny was working with Leon Washington, for what it's worth.

During punts, Ben Graham was up to his old tricks, ridiculous hangtime, perfect spirals, end over ends, short bouncers, you name it. His distance was a bit short (averaging around 40 yards from the line of scrimmage, but had a few that were at least 50 yards (a 25 to 25). Dwight, Cotchery, McCareins and Washington were fielding punts, no sign of Justin Miller here. Dwight dropped a punt and ran a lap for it, much to the crowd's delight.

During Pairings players were paired with their defensive counterpart: WRs with CBs, RBs with LBs. Justin Miller was paired with Coles a few times, and got abused by Coles in both of the efforts I saw, hitting his hand on Coles helmet and hurting it somewhat at one point. Mangini pulled him aside to talk to him, though I can't be sure what he said. The posture looked like he was giving advice. From what I noticed, it would seem to me that they are trying to prepare him specifically for starting...

While paired with Vilma, Blaylock slipped him with a deft move to catch a ball for a TD.

Safeties and Linebackers at one point were practicing this interesting drill where a ball would get thrown to one player, and then all the others (even one coach) would take blocking / chasing responsibilities. I had no idea what was going on.

Mangini spends the majority of his time with the defense. Schottenheimer will be the hero, or the goat of this offense over the next few years.

Not suprisingly, Sutton seems to execute what Mangini wants done on Defense.

In 7 on 7s, Brooks threw a nice pass to Chris Baker (TE) for a Touchdown.

Clemens first play in 7s, was a pick to Trevor Johnson, who was playing OLB at the time and looked decent in coverage. At another point, while covering Tim Dwight Johnson played him well until his help arrived from the zone package they were using.

At one point, Bollinger fumbled the snap and took off before the play was even over to run his lap. The crowd went wild (I of course was buying a bottle of water and didn't see it).

During Whole team drills, Rhodes was called for a PI Penalty, and did a slow lap around the field. As he kicked it off, you could tell he was mad at himself as he clapped his hands angrily. On the next play, a ref threw a flag on Dyson that kind of went unnoticed, and I don't think Dyson did a lap.

The Offense tried out an option play for Leon Washington that didn't work very well and he ended up throwing it away.

While dropping way back into coverage, Vilma had a nice pick on Bollinger. The crowd was cheering and booing a little, it was a weird sound. Let's just say, it wasn't a very good day for Bollinger and I wonder how long he will continue to be with the team.

In his defense, Bollinger did had a great throw to the side of the end zone where Coles made a NICE pirouettting catch to get his feet in bounds.

Ramsey and Pennington didn't see much time during whole team drills.

During situational drills, Clemens and Bollinger tried to lead the team into field goal range with 44 seconds and 2 Time Outs. Bollinger didn't look good, Bollinger a ball as he settled back in the pocket. Clemens started off well with a short gain and a scamper for some yardage, but stalled just on the edge of field goal range.

During the situational drill, the first unit out (in a nickel) consisted of Andre Dyson, Shaun Ellis, Bryan Thomas (as DT) Dewayne Robertson, Dave Ball, Drew Coleman, Eric Barton, Jonathan Vilma, Justin Miller (as the nickel), Eric Smith and Kerry Rhodes.

Nugent ended practice with a 60 yard kick which was short and fairly low. He had been having a good day up until that point. I am not sure if the kick represented some sort of reward for the team.

I've gotten a few PM's myself. Its a sad situation when guys who

works like hell to run this site don't want to listen to the Jet fans on here.

Tell whoever is sending you emails...to send them to the people in charge. To this point they haven't. That comment is off the mark,bigtime.

Smizzy,

it was mentioned last nite. I am appalled if this is true..

I find this ammusing. We don't make any money off our fellow posters here. This site is not a here to make a profit.

responding to it

This problem just can't be resolved with the ignore feature

Ive been posting with Tx for over 4 yrs now on different Message boards. We didn't create him ina lab or set him free on the people of jetnation. This is america and the internet is a free to everyone to be on. He comes here because he wants to. We don't pay him ,we didn't ask him to be mean to increse traffic to make money. I find that comment appauling. We made this site to give people a place to have some fun. He has been asked to tone it down and add soemthing positive to the site. Then I reminded you guys about the ignore feature. I was not suggesting that was all I was gonna do.

The entire conspiracy theory is garbage. We don't make money here. Hope that clears things up.

I find this ammusing. We don't make any money off our fellow posters here. This site is not a here to make a profit.

Ive been posting with Tx for over 4 yrs now on different Message boards. We didn't create him ina lab or set him free on the people of jetnation. This is america and the internet is a free to everyone to be on. He comes here because he wants to. We don't pay him ,we didn't ask him to be mean to increse traffic to make money. I find that comment appauling. We made this site to give people a place to have some fun. He has been asked to tone it down and add soemthing positive to the site. Then I reminded you guys about the ignore feature. I was not suggesting that was all I was gonna do.

The entire conspiracy theory is garbage. We don't make money here. Hope that clears things up.

As I told Frank i believe you about the money.

But again I stand by my statement that Max said he recruited him to

cause controversey because as Max said he likes controversey.

Now if you told Tx to tone it down it couldn't have been prior to

midnite last nite because he was still going strong.

I come to this site as you say to have fun and talk with other Jet fans.

You have a technically great site and one day I'll figure out how to

use all the tools. However as a manager there is a responsibility

to be aware of potential problems such as what can be construed

as a mini revolt by a lot of guys who usually never complained before.

If you have since talked to him about toning it down it would appear

you have since recognized the problem and responded to it.

That's all anyone including my self could ask.

Has anybody taken the time to notice that Tx hasnt posted since pg. 6 (and that was a somewhat concilliatory admission that his post had been low quality of late) and yet this thread continues to grow (yes, I know I am contributing too). Four more pages of Jet fan attacking Jet fan.

If the guy's sole reason for being here is to stir up controversy then you gotta say mission accomplished Tx.

And I tell you all this, I don't give a fk if I'm banned, but the gloves are

off.

While you're taking things off, could you pull that hat off of that poor horse's head? Next thing you're going to try to tell me that thing talks or something.

This has to be the most retarded thread in the history of messagboards and that is saying something.

Jets' fans complaining about Tex calling Chad, "Penny Boy."

Jets' fans complaining that Tex does not bring any 'real' content to the table.

:rolleyes: Is this whining 'real' content?

Did JN has just jump the shark?

I remember JI used to be an excellent site to discuss football. Yes, there was usual witty banter and insults tossed back and forth, but you could talk football. Then noobs started whining more and more about the Patriot fans. Forgetting or ignoring that we were invited by Sooth after he frequented a Patriots' site.

Luckily, JN came along. Max invited some of the JI regulars over and some like GG ;) found about it and came over anyways. I ocassionally look at the posts on JI football forum and it flat out sucks. It went from great to crappy when all these noobs started whining.

To all the posters that want Tex gone, because he calls Chad Penny Boy, have you ever said anything to the mods when Brady has been labeled as gay? Or any of the other mis-spellings that were not mistakes?

I doubt it.

Is all this "Tex does not bring anything to the table" because you do not want to hear what he is saying? Probably so.

What made JI and JN great were the differing opinions. I goto KFFL frequently to see what Pat fans think. I then would goto JI and now JN to get another opinion on their status. I have to wade through tons of baseless "you are doomed" comments that lack substance to find that needle in the hay stack that makes me think, that is a good point.

What is sad, I received a PM that there was some $hit storm brewing between Tex and Senior. I have to do a search and read through 6 pages of people whining and back slapping each other going "you are right," when in the end, I will never get that time back and JN does not look as good as it did two days ago when I last visited.

Pk i agree with most of what you said ..( you just had to throw a dig in there at me, huh? ;) )

anyway.. i said it earlier in this thread... tx is a big part of our community and that is that. he is suppose to be here.. period.

as are some of the other patsies ( pk, alk, and ms. chick pea)

this place would be bland without them.

and those who cant accept that should find another place to post.

Pk i agree with most of what you said ..( you just had to throw a dig in there at me, huh? ;) )

anyway.. i said it earlier in this thread... tx is a big part of our community and that is that. he is suppose to be here.. period.

as are some of the other patsies ( pk, alk, and ms. chick pea)

this place would be bland without them.

and those who cant accept that should find another place to post.

Agreed GG, I like all those pasty fans. they make this site fun even if all they do is talk Sh@t but hey, so do we, it makes the day go by faster.And as soon as the Pats start losing you might not hear from them again ,We can only HOPE! haha

P.A.T.S = Please Approach The SH@tter .....In 2006

This has to be the most retarded thread in the history of messagboards and that is saying something.

Jets' fans complaining about Tex calling Chad, "Penny Boy."

Jets' fans complaining that Tex does not bring any 'real' content to the table.

:rolleyes: Is this whining 'real' content?

Did JN has just jump the shark?

I remember JI used to be an excellent site to discuss football. Yes, there was usual witty banter and insults tossed back and forth, but you could talk football. Then noobs started whining more and more about the Patriot fans. Forgetting or ignoring that we were invited by Sooth after he frequented a Patriots' site.

Luckily, JN came along. Max invited some of the JI regulars over and some like GG ;) found about it and came over anyways. I ocassionally look at the posts on JI football forum and it flat out sucks. It went from great to crappy when all these noobs started whining.

To all the posters that want Tex gone, because he calls Chad Penny Boy, have you ever said anything to the mods when Brady has been labeled as gay? Or any of the other mis-spellings that were not mistakes?

I doubt it.

Is all this "Tex does not bring anything to the table" because you do not want to hear what he is saying? Probably so.

What made JI and JN great were the differing opinions. I goto KFFL frequently to see what Pat fans think. I then would goto JI and now JN to get another opinion on their status. I have to wade through tons of baseless "you are doomed" comments that lack substance to find that needle in the hay stack that makes me think, that is a good point.

What is sad, I received a PM that there was some $hit storm brewing between Tex and Senior. I have to do a search and read through 6 pages of people whining and back slapping each other going "you are right," when in the end, I will never get that time back and JN does not look as good as it did two days ago when I last visited.

PFSIKH, here's the problem I have with most of the rival posters that post on this site and I have to use this site as the example since it's the only Jets forum I post on. You can only take so many insults before it can implode and TX's posts are 99% insults. If I'm at a sports gathering of some kind and a fellow Jets fan starts saying Pennington sucks, the Jets suck, etc., that is one thing. How long do you think a rival will be in my face saying those same insults? Not too long my friend...I can guarantee you that.

Now, if rival fans want to hide behind a keyboard and come on this board and continue posting with the majority of posts being the insult variety, expect most Jet fans to fire back.

Having said that, if rival fans want to discuss football without the barrage of insults, I don't have a single problem with that.

I have a question for you guys that know TX better than I do. Has he ever attended a gathering of Jet fans and threw around the insults in your face? If not, then he's being a hyprocrite and needs to join some comedy outlet...not a rival message board where we take our team very serious.

Archived