Jets | Nugent looking good so far

Smizzy

Jets | Nugent looking good so far

Sat, 5 Aug 2006 13:32:31 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports New York Jets PK Mike Nugent has been solid so far in training camp. During the morning practice Thursday, Aug. 3, Nugent hit a 58-yard field goal through condensed uprights with only two seconds left on an imaginary clock. Later that day, during the night practice, Nugent nailed a 50-yarder, going into the wind, to win a "situational, non-contact scrimmage" in overtime.

:Typotux:

He just missed a 60 yarder today at the Meadowlands' practice. Just barely short. If he keeps it up he should be fine.

Too bad the friggn' waste of a 2nd round draft pick couldn't hit a 50-yarder last season to beat the Saints.

Yea, he has a real cannon leg.:eek:

Too bad the friggn' waste of a 2nd round draft pick couldn't hit a 50-yarder last season to beat the Saints.

I'm glad you choose to live in the past. I don't. I don't care what happened last year. Get some new material dick.

atleast our kicker is half decent

Half decent?

What the hell does that mean?

He was 1/62 on touchbacks last year and didn't hit one FG 50+ yards.

The Jets could have found somebody like that as a UDFA instead of wasting a 2nd round draft pick on a friggn' kicker.

If he had,D'brick wouldn't be a Jet...We probably would've been stuck with Matt "Chad Pennington II:Electric Boogaloo" Leinart.

I think I'll give the guy a pass on that kick.

Still without a life, eh, you pathetic jackass?

Now that the Pats f'd up and let Vinatieri go, Nugent is now the best kicker in the division.

You know NOTHING dumbass, go pound sand, pathetic effing loser!

Another example of how a teamate let Bollinger down last year and made his record/effort seem less impressive than it actually was.

A better performance from Nugent, McCareins et al, and Bolly would have run the table last year, including the Pats who admitted they were afraid of him.

Another example of how a teamate let Bollinger down last year and made his record/effort seem less impressive than it actually was.

A better performance from Nugent, McCareins et al, and Bolly would have run the table last year, including the Pats who admitted they were afraid of him.

This post reminded me of a quote of LT from The Waterboy:

"Don't smoke crack"

Seriously Fred...take that advice.

Archived