Yankees vs. Red Sox-5 game series!

TaborJet

if the best Curt Schilling can do with his back against the wall is 7 IP and 3 earned runs, thats not going to fly so well in the playoffs

Maybe if one of your starters did the same in 2004, you might have gone to the WS.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously as a Yankee fan I'm thrilled with the way this series has gone. No matter what happens tonight, the Yankees did a hell of a job and surpassed my expectations in this series. Boston is just a tough team and I thought best case scenario was Yankees taking 3 of 5. I guess I just prefer to be cautiosly optomistic.

Even if the Yankees sweep the five games, I still realize that a 6 1/2 game lead can disappear really quick with a bad bounce here, a blown call there, or a couple of sub par pitching performances. Things could not be better for the Yankees right now. Today. But until this thing is locked up, I'm not going to get ahead of myself. One day at a time.

one more win tomorrow to make it a 6.5 game lead, and break the hearts of everyone in boston... damn. This might make my week.

One more win this afternoon, and the Bosox may really not make the post-season.

Didin't JBF predict back in April that they will be ahead of the Yankees?, and the Yankees won't make the playoffs?

:P

How major league baseball allows known cheaters to continue to play and mar the game is beyond me. It's truly sad.

I don't think you find it sad at all. I think you find it frustrating that players who are known to have used performance enhancing drugs in the past, are currently helping beat the Red Sox. It's not so much of a moral thing as it is being upset that your team is down now.

Personally, what I find sad is that Major League Baseball waited so long to try to weed out the cheaters. So while guys like Giambi and Sheff were taking part in illegal activity from a legal standpoint, they were doing nothing wrong as far as MLB and their rule books were concerned.

I for one have gone on record several times as saying Sheff, Giambi, and all the known roid users should have their career stats wiped clean. This should have been prevented years ago when rumors of steroid use started in the late 80s. I love the game, and I'd like to know it's on the level. I say if Sheff, Giambi, or any other player in MLB tests positive it should be a lifetime ban for first time offenders. Thats just me though.

But it's funny to me how the Yankees payroll and the known history of some of their players is a big joke when the Yankees are struggling. When the Yankees aren't occupying first place it's a great time for everybody who hates them. "Ha ha ha, look at the 200 million dollar team in second place. Ha ha ha, all the roid users and the Sox have you beat". Once the Yankees start playing well it's a big sob story. It's no fair. It's sad. It's not right.

To me, thats truly sad.

JMO

I don't think you find it sad at all. I think you find it frustrating that players who are known to have used performance enhancing drugs in the past, are currently helping beat the Red Sox. It's not so much of a moral thing as it is being upset that your team is down now.

Personally, what I find sad is that Major League Baseball waited so long to try to weed out the cheaters. So while guys like Giambi and Sheff were taking part in illegal activity from a legal standpoint, they were doing nothing wrong as far as MLB and their rule books were concerned.

I for one have gone on record several times as saying Sheff, Giambi, and all the known roid users should have their career stats wiped clean. This should have been prevented years ago when rumors of steroid use started in the late 80s. I love the game, and I'd like to know it's on the level. I say if Sheff, Giambi, or any other player in MLB tests positive it should be a lifetime ban for first time offenders. Thats just me though.

But it's funny to me how the Yankees payroll and the known history of some of their players is a big joke when the Yankees are struggling. When the Yankees aren't occupying first place it's a great time for everybody who hates them. "Ha ha ha, look at the 200 million dollar team in second place. Ha ha ha, all the roid users and the Sox have you beat". Once the Yankees start playing well it's a big sob story. It's no fair. It's sad. It's not right.

To me, thats truly sad.

JMO

Hence the name "Scapegoat Nation"

The Sox had their 15 minutes of fame and whored it out for all its worth. Now it is back to being their usual miserable selves.

Hence the name "Scapegoat Nation"

The Sox had their 15 minutes of fame and whored it out for all its worth. Now it is back to being their usual miserable selves.

True, so very, very true. Have you seen Fever Pitch yet? LOL!

You should hear Sports Talk radio in Boston this morning! Funny stuff. The difference between hard-core Pats fans and hard-core Sox fans is amazing. Sox fans remind me a little of Jets fans. ;) Right now the callers and hosts are playing the blame game. This should last 'till late September.

If that is your best comeback, you are hurting inside, real bad.

I do admire your being here all the time. Good show.

Seriously, my team has had their asses handed to them in four games. Oh yeah, at home. What could I possibly say that would even be relevant for a comeback? Nothing.

hey wait....there's a BASEBALL forum here?

You remind me of a few mets "fans" who discovered the baseball forum after they became competitive earlier this year. Welcome aboard;)

Seriously, my team has had their asses handed to them in four games. Oh yeah, at home. What could I possibly say that would even be relevant for a comeback? Nothing.

Fair response. Of everything that has happened this weekend, so far, through 4 games, the inability of the Bosox starters to throw strikes is the most surprising, IMO. I expected some high scoring games (not like the 1st 3 were though), but the poor command of the strike zone (when they can find it) of the Bosox staff has been most surprising. And when you add in a very patient lineup, trouble awaits.

Heck, even Cano drew 2 walks on Saturday!!

you know it has been nice being able to avctually see some Yankee games again-I go to the website every day and look at the 2 highlights they post but haven't been able to follow the team like I used to down here in Marlins land-they used to show 25-35 Yankees games when I first moved down here BEFORE the stinking NL took over south Florida-I've been a Yankee fan my whole life and actually WATCHED the 1st Boston Massacre on Ch 11 in 78 in Jersey

you know it has been nice being able to avctually see some Yankee games again-I go to the website every day and look at the 2 highlights they post but haven't been able to follow the team like I used to down here in Marlins land-they used to show 25-35 Yankees games when I first moved down here BEFORE the stinking NL took over south Florida-I've been a Yankee fan my whole life and actually WATCHED the 1st Boston Massacre on Ch 11 in 78 in Jersey

Counting last Thursday, the Yankees played day games 3 days in a row, and 4 out of 5 days. Not bad. That almost never happens.

Which it would happen more often.

I'm fearing for my bass player Tim's life right now-he's from Chatham Mass-a BIG Sax fan-his cell phone is not answering and there's a really tall building in downtown WPB called The Darth Vader Building-I'm hoping to talk him off the ledge...

Archived