Congrats Boston fans!

Your team has just let up 12+ runs in 3 straight games for the first time in franchise history.

How do you feel?

Oh and BTW:

4 1/2 behind.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

That was ugly! The Sox looked like a beaten down team today. They have simply not shown up in this series.

Beckett need to calm the heck down.

However, the failure of this team rests on the shoulders of the front office. They "plan" for the future....or so they say (meanwhile a Fenway Condo Complex is in the works). Screw that! The future is NOW! Fans want to win NOW! Yeesh! There has been zero continuity on this team since the WS team. Zero. The turnover has been immense. So Epstein/Henry/Lucchino want to get "younger" - and then what? Continue to shove the "don't want to mortgage the future" mantra down RSN's throat? Please! They have plenty of money. Maybe not Yankees and Mets money - but close enough. Buy me a championship, darn it!

Beckett need to calm the heck down.

However, the failure of this team rests on the shoulders of the front office. They "plan" for the future....or so they say (meanwhile a Fenway Condo Complex is in the works). Screw that! The future is NOW! Fans want to win NOW! Yeesh! There has been zero continuity on this team since the WS team. Zero. The turnover has been immense. So Epstein/Henry/Lucchino want to get "younger" - and then what? Continue to shove the "don't want to mortgage the future" mantra down RSN's throat? Please! They have plenty of money. Maybe not Yankees and Mets money - but close enough. Buy me a championship, darn it!

Time to forget about the Sox. The Pats are on in 2 hours!

Wow, if you really want to know how bad they have been beated look at the runners LOB for the yankees and consider how many runs they might have scored. If Schilling doesn't win his game, its going to be a sweep, David Wells sucks.

This is how a $200 million team should dominate every day.

Like a broken freaken record, here we go with the money thing again. Yanks play within the rules. It's only the sour grapes fans from other teams that complain.

Again, do you think owners from other teams give two ****s what the Yankees spend? Think again! Yanks bring a show to the opposing teams ballparks where those owners get to see their sold out stadiums bring them money they wouldn't get on an average night.

All I'm saying is that you should expect your team to play this way when they're spending between 2-5 times what whoever they're playing is. Anyway, you should be used to comments like that by now instead of getting all prissy and sensitive about it.

You guys are around too many clean faces over there. Your team started to subconsiously feel as and see themselves as women. All they needed was to see a little facial hair. Giambi's maustache has been the catalyst in this series. It will be the MVP if they continue to dominate like this.

Yes, and it's a real struggle for the Red Sox trying to scrounge up the cash to pay that lazy f*ck Manny Ramirez 20 million a year. Those poor poor souls.

Jackass you reall should read the rsn posts here. Those words might give youa clue of how we feel. We all realize we are one of the haves. It is Skank fan and their blind homerism that cannot comprehend this.

I was waiting for that excuse to get dusted off.

It is not an excuse. It is reality.

Let me qualify that, the only thing keeping the Sox, a very good defensive team, with hot and cold hitting and crappy pitching, a division leader for the better part of the year and a WC contender is money.

The Yankees also benefit from it and it would be a lie to say otherwise.

It is not an excuse. It is reality.

Let me qualify that, the only thing keeping the Sox, a very good defensive team, with hot and cold hitting and crappy pitching, a division leader for the better part of the year and a WC contender is money.

The Yankees also benefit from it and it would be a lie to say otherwise.

Look, the Yankees hired gun outdueled the Red Sox hired gun. Not really pitched a gem by any means, but got the job done. The biggest factor here is the injury to Varitek. But I'm not going to feel sorry having Sheff and Matsui out.

Look, the Yankees hired gun outdueled the Red Sox hired gun. Not really pitched a gem by any means, but got the job done. The biggest factor here is the injury to Varitek. But I'm not going to feel sorry having Sheff and Matsui out.

You are right.

Nor would I expect you. A few Yankee fans are realistic about the benefits spending 200 million on a team. Many have bemoaned the fact that sheff, Matsui and any other Yankee with a hyper extended butt cheek are down and the Yanks *weep* have managed to overcome great odds.

That is all I have said all along.

The Red Sox COULD spend more money if they wanted to. They spend a lot, but they could spend more. However, they CHOOSE not to. They are inclined to put that money to other use. Such as: closing Yawkey Way on game days and making it a free-to-roam outdoor party where price gouging reigns supreme. Or, yes, build your own restaurant/bar called Game On! Wait - here's another, build more seats-monster seats, roof deck seats, etc and charge big bucks for said seats. Oh, and there is more! How 'bout those lovely Condo's in the works - only $800K! Yup, shops too. Doubt Target and Walmart will be asked to lease though. More like Armani and Nike. And, let's not forget their flagship station NESN!

So, riddle me this: this money goes to what exactly if not to compete with the Yankees? My guess? Henry and Lucchino's pocket. It's a busines afterall.

Jackass you reall should read the rsn posts here. Those words might give youa clue of how we feel. We all realize we are one of the haves. It is Skank fan and their blind homerism that cannot comprehend this.

Oh I'm a jackass for telling Sharrow that the Sox aren't exactly the Royals? I'm sorry didn't know you were so sensitive pmsikh, I realize we have money but people have been bitching and moaning about that for years, you'd think they'd be done by now. It's really just an old and tired argument.

The wheels have been falling off your Bentley far too often for the past couple of years.

Hehehe. I win again!!!

Next analogy please!

How many runs has that "deep pitching" staff given up in the last three games ?

Oh yeah I forgot you don't care about the Red Sox anymore.

Do you have any more great predictions ?

JBF...are you going to go back into hibernation once your pathetic bunch of losers miss out on the playoffs and only to re-emerge once the Yankees (who will actually be there) lose their first game in the ALDS?

JBF...are you going to go back into hibernation once your pathetic bunch of losers miss out on the playoffs and only to re-emerge once the Yankees (who will actually be there) lose their first game in the ALDS?

No offense to JBF but he is the kind of fan that likes to brag and boast when his team is winning and then backtrack and make excuses when his team is losing.

All fan bases have these types of fans and they typically annoy the more sane fans.

I

If the Owner can not, or will not, compete, get out of the Game. There is always someone else who may be a more fan-friendly owner.

I'd agree with that. There's no reason why any team should be spending only around half of the league average. Hell, the pirates are probably going to try to get rid of Jack Wilson this offseason to cut payroll. And they've already said they weren't going to be active in the FA market this year, after they got burnt with Burnitz and both Casey and Randa spent time on the DL. Maybe they should target better/younger players instead? Too bad the only way any of them come here is if we overpay them, which is never going to happen. But that worked for Detroit, and it worked pretty good.

Archived