Mangini - A Younger Parcells?

Maxman

I am not comparing his ability to Parcells. Mangini has not proven anything yet. Bill is a Hall Of Fame coach. But there are so many things that Eric does that reminds me of Parcells. I thought he would remind me more of Belly, but that isn't the case yet.

One of the Pats fans can correct me if I am wrong. But Mangini seems to be more of a yeller in the Parcells mold. I know Belly will yell but Mangini seems to be yelling at everything during the game. Poor Schott man...his blood pressure has to be insanely high everytime they punt.

Plus the physical comparison. Mangini is a bigger guy...that reminds me of Parcells as well. Obviously there are a lot of things that he gets from both Parcells and Belly. Hiding injuries, assistants not talking to the media, etc.

Mangini seems smart though. Calling that timeout after the red zone false start....that was nice to see. Although he doesn't have big shoes to fill in order to prove his "football smarts".

I am not comparing his ability to Parcells. Mangini has not proven anything yet. Bill is a Hall Of Fame coach. But there are so many things that Eric does that reminds me of Parcells. I thought he would remind me more of Belly, but that isn't the case yet.

One of the Pats fans can correct me if I am wrong. But Mangini seems to be more of a yeller in the Parcells mold. I know Belly will yell but Mangini seems to be yelling at everything during the game. Poor Schott man...his blood pressure has to be insanely high everytime they punt.

Plus the physical comparison. Mangini is a bigger guy...that reminds me of Parcells as well. Obviously there are a lot of things that he gets from both Parcells and Belly. Hiding injuries, assistants not talking to the media, etc.

Mangini seems smart though. Calling that timeout after the red zone false start....that was nice to see. Although he doesn't have big shoes to fill in order to prove his "football smarts".

salient observation Max..

remember, he was on parcells staff from 97 to 99...

I think we are gettin a hybrid,,

the tuffer more 'lunch pail' personality of Parcells,, and the cerebral sidelines mentality of Belly..

salient observation Max..

remember, he was on parcells staff from 97 to 99...

I think we are gettin a hybrid,,

the tuffer more 'lunch pail' personality of Parcells,, and the cerebral sidelines mentality of Belly..

Let's just hope he takes the best qualities of both. And not the worst!

true,,both Parcells and Belly left wives of many years after the kids were raised. Just when the wives were ready to enjoy a calmer life those two turds 86ed em.

When dealing with those 2 personalities I can't say either wife was terribly upset about losing those grumpy bastards. At least they waited until they had millions before they did it.

This is not directed at anyone here in this thread, but for once I would love to see an interview with Mangini and not mention the two Bills.

But, I guess he (Mangini) will always be remembered as a branch that grew from that oak tree known as Parcells/Belichick whether it will be success or failure down the road and that's too bad.

This is not directed at anyone here in this thread, but for once I would love to see an interview with Mangini and not mention the two Bills.

But, I guess he (Mangini) will always be remembered as a branch that grew from that oak tree known as Parcells/Belichick whether it will be success or failure down the road and that's too bad.

If he wins on his own it won't always be that way. If he stumbles they will say the only reason he got the shot is because of his pedigree.

If he wins on his own it won't always be that way. If he stumbles they will say the only reason he got the shot is because of his pedigree.

there is no freakin IF mister,,

now get with the program and no negative nellie crap and be positive like some of us ...

that's funny, I thought someone told me he got the job because he

was good friends with Tannenbaum.

As an aside to this discussion it appeared that they had one TV camera

assigned to follow Mangini around. Once they got the Schott confrontation

it seemed after every play they switched to him.

I agree 100% Max.

I was expecting more of a Belly on the sidelines. Quiet, with the occasional yelling or staredown. However, Mangini seems to be far more like Parcells on the sidelines. However his press conferences seem more like Belly. Then again we haven't heard a presser after a regular season loss yet.

Mangini is in the Al Groh mode. Mangini's 'football' smarts resulted in conscutive delay of game penalties that took the Jets out of FG range. Jets had 11 penalties in yesterdays game, including the two that took them out of scoring range in the first series. Nice time management.

Nothing he hasn't done before, the Patriot defense was the 5th most penalized defensive unit in the NFL last year under his command.

Mangini is in the Al Groh mode. Mangini's 'football' smarts resulted in conscutive delay of game penalties that took the Jets out of FG range. Jets had 11 penalties in yesterdays game, including the two that took them out of scoring range in the first series. Nice time management.

Nothing he hasn't done before, the Patriot defense was the 5th most penalized defensive unit in the NFL last year under his command.

You enjoy blowing Herm and you want to bitch about time management...Friggin' stupid. How about these 2 stats Herm never gave us...The Jets had the ball for 37 minutes....Oh, and they won the game...SHOCKING!

Lia,

Chiefs 6 penalties for 49 yards

Jets 11 penalties for 70 yards

Chiefs L 17-0

Jets W 24-17

Now I ask you. Who gives a F about penalties. Easy to stay penalty free when your DB's are playing 10 yards off and your OL is playing like a bung of overwhelmed panzies.

Let's see what Edwards does to the NFL's top offense over the past few years:

2003 Chiefs #2 yards, #1 points

2004 Chiefs #1 yards, #2 points

2005 Chiefs #1 yards, #6 points

(avg #1 yards/#3 points)

2006 Chiefs...any predictions from our resdent Hermophile?

How about:

2003 Chiefs 13-3

2004 Chiefs 7-9

2005 Chiefs 10-6

(tot = 30-18 / avg = 10-6)

2006 Chiefs...no predictions here either?

Pretty funny you compare Mangini to Groh - then complain about the penalties when the Jets were one of the least penalized teams in 2000 under Groh.

But you are a butthead, so we sort of expect these inconsistencies from you.

I was kind of thinking this too. He definitely doesn't seem as much like Bellichek as he does Parcells... It will be interesting (i think) to revisit this thread at the end of the season, and see whose opinion has changed after seeing him in action.

:lololol::lies:

What forgot how to spell Lombardi? Knoll? Landry?

Short of Levy and maybe Joe Gibbs, which coach is not a yeller. I remember Belichick yelling at Mangini in the closing moments of Superbowl XXXIX when the wrong coverage was on called and the Eagles scored a TD too easily and with too much time on the clock.

I am convinced u r goofin on everyone.

Either that or you are Herms brother or agent,,,

:lololol::lies:

What forgot how to spell Lombardi? Knoll? Landry?

Short of Levy and maybe Joe Gibbs, which coach is not a yeller. I remember Belichick yelling at Mangini in the closing moments of Superbowl XXXIX when the wrong coverage was on called and the Eagles scored a TD too easily and with too much time on the clock.

Well in that instance it was Romeo Crennel calling the defense vs Philly and if I read Mangini's lips correctly he barked back at Belly and said I didn't call the defense.

Well in that instance it was Romeo Crennel calling the defense vs Philly and if I read Mangini's lips correctly he barked back at Belly and said I didn't call the defense.

Lip reader? Ok. :-s

I am sure, the man many acknowledge as being the msartest in football, was chewing Mangini's ass because he forgot RAC was calling the plays.

Lip reader? Ok. :-s

I am sure, the man many acknowledge as being the msartest in football, was chewing Mangini's ass because he forgot RAC was calling the plays.

Can anyone say spell check..maybe we can discuss Mangini's call on Asante's interception when Belichick hugged and humped him in the Jacksonville playoff game..

Archived