Kevin Barlow traded to the Jets

madmike1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JUST HEARD IT ON SPORTINGNEW RADIO

Jets | Team announces Barlow trade; pending his passing a physical

Sun, 20 Aug 2006 13:54:15 -0700

The New York Jets announced they have reached an agreement in principle with the San Francisco 49ers to acquire RB Kevan Barlow in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick. The deal is pending Barlow's passing of a physical. "We have been impressed with Kevan's production in both the running and passing game," said Jets' general manager Mike Tannenbaum. "We feel Kevan will complement our running back group, and he will come in and compete for playing time."::GoJets:

49ers Trade RB Barlow

barlowsun.jpgThe San Francisco 49ers announced Sunday that they have traded RB Kevan Barlow to the New York Jets for an undisclosed 2007 draft pick. The trade is contingent on Barlow passing a physical.

Barlow (6-1, 234) originally joined the 49ers as a third round draft pick out of Pittsburgh in 2001.

Said head coach Mike Nolan on the trade,

"Contingent on Barlow passing a physical...."

Here we go again...this is a RB that was on IR all of last season with a bum knee...well, hopefully, there are no lingering effects.

He had almost 600 yards last year. He went on I.R. for the last 4 games of the 2004 season I believe. He hasn't been the same since the injury but in 2003 he was lights out.

They say give these guys a full year to recover...so the timing might be perfect. Worth a shot, I am sure it was a conditional pick. But they don't have anyone in house now that can get the job done so their options are limited.

He had almost 600 yards last year. He went on I.R. for the last 4 games of the 2004 season I believe. He hasn't been the same since the injury but in 2003 he was lights out.

They say give these guys a full year to recover...so the timing might be perfect. Worth a shot, I am sure it was a conditional pick. But they don't have anyone in house now that can get the job done so their options are limited.

Sorry, you are correct...I thought it was for the entire year. I know he didn't play in the 49er first preseason game. And he won't be playing for them tonight either.

so this mean that Houston goes or Blaylock?Leon Washington is not a guy I'd try to sneak by on the PS

I see it like this....

Houston is gone. He went in last against the Skins. Blaylock looked good. And Leon Washington locked it up last night.

Blaylock is a better backup option if Barlow doesn't work out.

I see it like this....

Houston is gone. He went in last against the Skins. Blaylock looked good. And Leon Washington locked it up last night.

Blaylock is a better backup option if Barlow doesn't work out.

I have to agree on this one, If Barlow passes the Physical - :smilies2_3some: - we get the player needed to replace CM this season if in fact Curtis is done. Unfortunately, we all believe that to be the point!

:bump:

Archived