Odds On Barlow passing his Physical

Tinstar2

According to Adam S on inside Jets Camp on SNY,Barlow spent the offseason doing absolutely nothing because of his injured knee.It's also being reported that this player has questionable character issues with both his former coaches and teamates.

Suggs actually played in preseason,but failed his physical.This guy hasn't played yet,so just maybe he won't get to unpack his suitcase.

Not really Jetcane if you look at it rationally. Both strait and JMac are on the outside looking in.Both stand a real possibility of getting cut.If you can use something you may not need to aquire something you desperately need,then it's not a bad deal.

I hope he fails too... thats more because I really want there to be a CHANCE of Terry Butler making the roster...

None of the guys we trade for is going to be any more of a #1 than Blaylock, though, so, frankly, I think its all rather silly.

I hope he fails. Barlow is garbage.

After a night of sleeping on it ,I hope he fails also.I really want Duckett,because he brings a combination the like of which the Jets haven't had since a fellow by the name of John Riggins.Now my you i'm not saying Duckett can be another Riggins ,but he has that type of skill set and it took moving from the Jets to the Skins for him to reach his full potential.Maybe moving from Hotlanta to the Jets could do the same for a guy like Duckett.

I would have prefered Duckett, not to say Barlow is a bad choice. Duckett may have been too pricey, but when you compare them, same speed, same style, both can come out of the backfield and catch a couple, both can break a tackle. Barlow is a little more Agile but Duckett is tougher to tackle. The main reason I wanted Duckett is he's 24 and has been a backup or spliting carries with Dunn whereas Barlow is 27 and has been beaten and battered and injured behind a subpar line. Duckett is younger and less worn down thus the better option of the 2 in my opinion.

I think if the Jets fail Barlow on his physical they can be hurting themselves a bit in the long run. They're going to have a hard time finding trading partners if teams feel like getting a player back who could be viewed as "damaged goods" and therefore untradable to another potential suitor in addition to the fact that it's not great to have a guy in the locker room who you just tried to trade and now have to convince him he's wanted.

In the end they have to do what's best for the team but if there's an issue with Barlows physical, I would recommend that the next time they trade for a RB, go after a guy who's knee has not exploded in the past.

JMO

I think if the Jets fail Barlow on his physical they can be hurting themselves a bit in the long run. They're going to have a hard time finding trading partners if teams feel like getting a player back who could be viewed as "damaged goods" and therefore untradable to another potential suitor in addition to the fact that it's not great to have a guy in the locker room who you just tried to trade and now have to convince him he's wanted.

In the end they have to do what's best for the team but if there's an issue with Barlows physical, I would recommend that the next time they trade for a RB, go after a guy who's knee has not exploded in the past.

JMO

This shouldn't hurt the team's ability to make aditional trades.Since we're trading an unknown comodity this time instead,it should have no repercussions on the team.Barlow is in pergutory right now,because the trade is contingent on him passing his physical.Maybe that's why the trade involved a pick and not an actual player so that the uncomfortable situation that existed before with Strait doesn't re-occur.

I hope he fails too... thats more because I really want there to be a CHANCE of Terry Butler making the roster...

None of the guys we trade for is going to be any more of a #1 than Blaylock, though, so, frankly, I think its all rather silly.

I've been waiting all TC for someone to bring up Terry Butler's name

because its never been mentioned by anyone who has gone to

the practices or in the media.

Unfortunately for him because of mangini's penchant for doing things

in alphabetical order when the first cuts come out his should be the first

name.

Now I'm not puting him down its just that with the Martin situation and

the 3 musketeers getting all the snaps and now Barlow the handwriting

on the wall.

Archived