Adrian Jones

Tinstar2

With out the benefit of an Official depth Chart i was just wondering if this player was demoted to the backup LT position.It occurred to me watching the game that he was not the starting RT.Is he part of a weekly rotation or did he simply get demoted the way Justin McCarreins did.

my guess is that he has lost his starting RT position and they are working him as the backup LT... Clement is more of a true road grader RT and Jones is still developmental/depth

too much depth at OL a good problem to have for a change

Yea,but how long will you have that problem.Jones was making progress,and when his contract expires,we will be in the market for yet another LT prospect because someone will make him an offer.

Clement sucks. Pennington is going to be taking a lot of hits to his right shoulder if Clement locks up the starting job. He'll help the running game, but that's it.

It's too bad for Adrian Jones; he's a solid talent at LT, but really doesn't have the bulk or strength to handle right tackle. I guess he'll be backing up D'brick for the time being. I wonder if a move to guard could be in his future.

Just think about this for a second, fellas....Brandon Moore and Anthony Clement will be responsible for protecting Chad's right shoulder :bag:

They're both BAD, BAD, pass blockers. Just some food for thought.

Yea,but how long will you have that problem.Jones was making progress,and when his contract expires,we will be in the market for yet another LT prospect because someone will make him an offer.

tin, did you happen to miss when the Jets took a franchise LT at #4 overall?

it's just one of those things you can't keep everyone - i always thought people overrated Jones - i mean he was good against crap DEs but against top notch pass rushers he would get beat like a drum

Clement sucks. Pennington is going to be taking a lot of hits to his right shoulder if Clement locks up the starting job. He'll help the running game, but that's it.

It's too bad for Adrian Jones; he's a solid talent at LT, but really doesn't have the bulk or strength to handle right tackle. I guess he'll be backing up D'brick for the time being. I wonder if a move to guard could be in his future.

Just think about this for a second, fellas....Brandon Moore and Anthony Clement will be responsible for protecting Chad's right shoulder :bag:

I think you are making them out for worse then they are. They will be fine, especially if Moore can return to his 2004 form.

tin, did you happen to miss when the Jets took a franchise LT at #4 overall?

it's just one of those things you can't keep everyone - i always thought people overrated Jones - i mean he was good against crap DEs but against top notch pass rushers he would get beat like a drum

No Bit,I didn't miss it,even if I wish i did.Adrian Jones was what he was,a LT prospect developing nicely.He made remarkeable strides from his 1st training camp to the end of last season.Nothing he did gave any indication that he would not have continued to improve given the proper reps and preparation.

We have Ferguson,and he's be there for yrs,but to tell you the truth,i would have rather have Cutler and Jones than Brick and a backup.

No Bit,I didn't miss it,even if I wish i did.Adrian Jones was what he was,a LT prospect developing nicely.He made remarkeable strides from his 1st training camp to the end of last season.Nothing he did gave any indication that he would not have continued to improve given the proper reps and preparation.

We have Ferguson,and he's be there for yrs,but to tell you the truth,i would have rather have Cutler and Jones than Brick and a backup.

Tin, Jones' progresdsion last year at LT went from a stinking garbage dump to an unclean vagina. It's not like he became a "good" LT. In case you didn't notice Bollinger was running for his life all of last year, including from the guys Jones was supposed to be blocking.

Jones stinks, plain and simple. If you're content on banking the life of your QB on Jones at LT then you're out of your mind.

don't get me wrong tin, I liked Cutler as much as the next guy (and still do) but from a risk standpoint/positional scarcity/personality/physical attributes Brick was the safer pick and arguably just as premium. If they had gone with another QB instead of Brick yes I would agree they messed up but in this case a player as good as Brick cannot be marginalized just because he is not a QB. Guys like Brick make sure guys like Cutler stay upright... in the long run you can find QBs but history has proven no one finds franchise caliber LTs anywhere but in the top of the first round.

Tin, Jones' progresdsion last year at LT went from a stinking garbage dump to an unclean vagina. It's not like he became a "good" LT. In case you didn't notice Bollinger was running for his life all of last year, including from the guys Jones was supposed to be blocking.

Jones stinks, plain and simple. If you're content on banking the life of your QB on Jones at LT then you're out of your mind.

Then I guess I'm out of my mind.I've seen pro bowl OTs get beaten like a drum by no name DEs.Here we have a young guy,who hasn't even played the position 1 full season,hasn't even practiced at the position consistantly enough to get a firm grasp of it but has shown considerable improvement from his rookie seaon to the end of last yr.Adrian Jones couldn't block me when he came into the NFL,and he was blocking Jason Taylor 1 on 1 .He got beaten on stunts,and to tell you the truth,he didn't get beaten,because even thou it was his man,the guard was the one who missed the block most of the time.

Yes,the guy needs work,but given his level of experience,why shouldn't he.Anyone who say he didn't show improvment is a blatant liar.Probably the same people who never saw the improvement in Bryan Thomas while he was struggling.

Then I guess I'm out of my mind.I've seen pro bowl OTs get beaten like a drum by no name DEs.Here we have a young guy,who hasn't even played the position 1 full season,hasn't even practiced at the position consistantly enough to get a firm grasp of it but has shown considerable improvement from his rookie seaon to the end of last yr.Adrian Jones couldn't block me when he came into the NFL,and he was blocking Jason Taylor 1 on 1 .He got beaten on stunts,and to tell you the truth,he didn't get beaten,because even thou it was his man,the guard was the one who missed the block most of the time.

Yes,the guy needs work,but given his level of experience,why shouldn't he.Anyone who say he didn't show improvment is a blatant liar.Probably the same people who never saw the improvement in Bryan Thomas while he was struggling.

The last thing I am is a liar.

He didn't show improvement. I actually did see improvement in Bryan Thomas, and he's showing it this year. Jones had good OL coaches and was a pilon all of last year... at RT and LT.

This came up a lot when it became clear D'Brick was going to be the pick. I'm with Bit and Booz on this-Jones wasn't All Pro. In fact, Jones was barely adequate, and with Clement being 6'8", they have some size they can work with that Jones simply doesn't have.

This came up a lot when it became clear D'Brick was going to be the pick. I'm with Bit and Booz on this-Jones wasn't All Pro. In fact, Jones was barely adequate, and with Clement being 6'8", they have some size they can work with that Jones simply doesn't have.

Whoever said he was.He was a developmental prospect who showed improvement,enough to warrant further consideration.Ferguson isn't all pro either,even if he has the ability to be such a player sooner rather than later.

The difference is Ferguson cost us ten times more against the cap.Makes sense when you are forced to cut players who can still produce because you have to aquire cap room.

I have no problem with Ferguson,because he fills 1 of the positions i consider as premium whereby you spend big cap dollars.My only concern is that we maynot have had to do this just yet.Next yr,will we have to look for yet another starting OL because Clements becomes to expensive .How many years will the Jets continue running a different OL out there season after season hoping it develops as a unit.

Whoever said he was.He was a developmental prospect who showed improvement,enough to warrant further consideration.Ferguson isn't all pro either,even if he has the ability to be such a player sooner rather than later.

The difference is Ferguson cost us ten times more against the cap.Makes sense when you are forced to cut players who can still produce because you have to aquire cap room.

I have no problem with Ferguson,because he fills 1 of the positions i consider as premium whereby you spend big cap dollars.My only concern is that we maynot have had to do this just yet.Next yr,will we have to look for yet another starting OL because Clements becomes to expensive .How many years will the Jets continue running a different OL out there season after season hoping it develops as a unit.

Without D'Brick, Clemens may never have had the chance to "become expensive" as he probably would have been injured.

I agree with Boozer and co on Jones. I was saying this most of last year on TGG as well. It's ridiculous how Jones gets overrated by Jets fans. If you're going to overrate our own players, why not give Bolly a chance? He did what he could with a bad hand. Yet it's okay to draft another QB, but not okay to get an LT.

Also, if Jones ever did develop into an all-pro LT, he'd cost just as much as Ferguson if not more. Ferguson gave us a nice hometown discount, and he's an absolutely class guy. He reminds me a lot of Curtis Martin. I absolutely love that we have this guy. I'm not a big fan of the attention mongering bling bling thug type of player. Give me a hard working blue collar player any day.

Bro - season after season? Did you honestly think we were going to find the same 5 starters for the next decade in this one year? If Moore returns to acceptable form, I'd say we did a GOOD job of acquiring 3 of them. Brick, Mangold, and Moore are locked up for the next 6 years. RT's are not the most difficult thing to find. And they're not usually a fortune either (Bradway passing on matching McKenzie's $38M contract from the NYG was one of his better moves by not making a move).

Further, in the draft it's a lot easier to find a top-level RT in the mid-rounds than LT. You want a real franchise LT? Well, you have the #4 pick in the draft so don't pussyfoot around.

Bit brought up a great point. While earlier-drafted players are generally better prospects at any position, the league has always been littered with pro-bowl QB's found outside the draft's top-10 (or even outside round one or day one). The best of the best LT's aren't.

Enjoy having a premiere left tackle on the Jets. I will.

That's why the Jets needed a Right Tackle in the draft mroe than they needed a Left Tackle. Jones can be a solid LT in the NFL. Jets' bread and butter needs to be the running game and a good RT is the key to that.

That's why the Jets needed a Right Tackle in the draft mroe than they needed a Left Tackle. Jones can be a solid LT in the NFL. Jets' bread and butter needs to be the running game and a good RT is the key to that.

No, he's wasn't and he's not. D'Brick is a beast; this is how you build a team. Munoz, Boselli, Larry Allen, Ogden, Jones, Pace...those guys get you far in the playoffs.

Jones is roster filler at best. We've been through this. Don't overvalue Jets players merely because they're Jets. Jones isn't that good. And unlike Clement he isn't 6'8", which is something you can work with within the framework on the OL. Edwards spent 5 years trying to get OL talent off the street, off the FA market and in the later rounds. It doesn't work, unless you want your running game to dissappear and QBs to get injured. Sometimes you get lucky with a Pete Kendall, but that was a very unusual situation because Dennis Green simply hated him. If you're going to hope to fill the OL waiting for that kind of thing to happen, your OL will stink.

How does anyone with a set of eyes figure that Jones could, would, or should be a decent LT in the NFL!?? He stunk last year. He stunk terribly. He was complete garbage at the beginning of the season and he was mostly garbage by the end of it. The only reason he looked half decent last year is because the rest of the line was even worse either due to being out of position (kendall), being complete trash (goodwin), or completely past his prime (Fabini). Take the best line in the NFL and plug Jones at LT and you'll habve a dead QB in about 3 games. He was and is that bad.

We definately need a RT as well, but no way no how was Jones even a temporary option at LT. At least the QB's will see the rush coming at them on the right side, whereas Jones gets them blindsided at least once or twice a game.

Archived