Biggest '06 NFL Surprises/Disappointments

LionelRichie

it's 1/2 way through the preseason so it's still early, but who do you think will be the biggest surprises and disappointments of this season? my picks:

disappointments - redskins, cowboys, bengals (redskins remind me a lot of last year's jets. superbowl talk, easy camp, and too many primadonas.

surpises - jets, saints, bucs

Do you really think that the Jets going from 4 wins to 6 wins constitutes a "surprise"?

i think the jets are going to better than everyone is giving them credit for and have a chance at a wild card. don't forget that every 'expert' in the country is picking the jets dead last - in the league, not just the afcE

i think the jets are going to better than everyone is giving them credit for and have a chance at a wild card. don't forget that every 'expert' in the country is picking the jets dead last - in the league, not just the afcE

If the Jets were able to make the playoffs, with their lack of talent, it would be the biggest story in the NFL this season.

suprises:texans,eagles,jets,rams,seattle...the only reason i have seattle as a suprise because everybody has a hard on over that stat that the team that loses the superbowl sucks next year.

dissapointment:redskins, as some1 pointed out i see them as the us of last year and we end up with a high second, bengals,cowboys, chargers, miami.

And those words of wisdom coming from a guy who still thinks DFat was worth two 1st's and a 4th.:character42:

I think theres a lot more talent on this team than you give us credit for tx. You have to remember, this was allegedly a super bowl contender last year before injuries (even though I disagreed with this, didn't these alleged expert critics predict it) and the talent was horribly mismanaged by Hermy. I expect Mangini to lay the foundations this year. I've been saying it for months, but 8-8 is not out of the question, and I think we're certainly not the worst team in the division. I think the Bills are. In the NFL, coaching and luck makes the difference more than just talent a lot of the time. If we just get a few games here and there, and develop some players, maybe we can close out the season strong. I'm certainly not too impressed with the 'phins either. I think they're going to be the big dissapointment this year, and am actively rooting for them to drop below us too. Actually, obviously I'm rooting for everyone to drop below us...just not realistic at this point. I'd like to think of us as the Panthers a few years ago. New hot young coach with a plan, trying to build a physical football team through the lines on both sides of the ball. Hopefully we can do better than them and actually win an SB though.

I'd like to think of us as the Panthers a few years ago. New hot young coach with a plan, trying to build a physical football team through the lines on both sides of the ball. Hopefully we can do better than them and actually win an SB though.

serp, that's a great analogy to the Panthers.

Fox built that team from the inside out, just like Mangini is doing.

I predict that Fat Parcells will stuff TO's jersey in his mouth like a bite ball and suffocate him before the season is out.

Watching that game tonight brought back fond memories of Bledsoe and Glenn in New England.

The one-handed grab Glenn made in the end zone tonight was one of the best catches I have seen in a long while.

The Cowboys will win the NFCE this year.

it's 1/2 way through the preseason so it's still early, but who do you think will be the biggest surprises and disappointments of this season? my picks:

disappointments - redskins, cowboys, bengals (redskins remind me a lot of last year's jets. superbowl talk, easy camp, and too many primadonas.

surpises - jets, saints, bucs

Max...ban him from our board.

How can any self respecting member of the Jet Nation not include the Patriots among being disappointments.

This board has sunk to an alltime low.

Watching that game tonight brought back fond memories of Bledsoe and Glenn in New England.

The one-handed grab Glenn made in the end zone tonight was one of the best catches I have seen in a long while.

The Cowboys will win the NFCE this year.

HAH, I meant more because Parcells was either going to flip out or stroke out over TO's antics, but sure. :lol:

HAH, I meant more because Parcells was either going to flip out or stroke out over TO's antics, but sure. :lol:

I'm not sure what is going to happen this year but the TO/Tuna relationship, or should I say saga, is something I will keep my eye on.

As well as the KC farce that we all know is coming.

I have touted the Lions as the big suprise the last two years.

Not this time.

Suprise: Cleveland, Titans.

Dissapoint:

Bengals: This team looks like a time bomb waiting to go off. I think there will be times this year where Lewis is really tested.

Dallas: Any team that has T.O. is a threat to dissapoint.

Archived