0-6, Hapless and hopeless

ASH_2162

The 2005 Mets.

Weve all seen the ad's. Weve all heard the hype. And after tonight, I believe we've all seen the team finally play a game. I now am not so terribly upset about Time-sh*thead Cable taking the Mets off the system. I am not missing anything.

To me this looks like the continuation of 2004. Fielding errors galore, never a clutch hit, 1 or 2 runs scored per game max, pitchers that get rocked in the second inning, never a lead in any game. You just get a sense that a 1-0 deficit is insurmountable. Each game feels 18 innings long as they never hit.

What is amazing is that this is a new team, new management, and basically an entire new organization, yet they still look like last years disaster.

They play tomorrow Pedro against Smoltz. Perfect setting for a 2-0 loss tomorrow, then home for Petitte.

Could this team go 0-7? Are we this years 0-15 Tigers?

Like I said, I for one am not all that upset anymore that Time-Craphole Cable took the Mets away.

It is sparing me aggrevation and agitta on a nightly basis..

No secrets. The back end of the rotation sucks, and the bullpen is worse. Why they kept Heredia or traded Ginter is completely inexpicable. The Kazmir trade just kills them every day. Zambrano is awful, and if they still had Kazmir they could have had Mulder or Hudson. Still,it's early. But the pitching problems were obvious and they should have signed some bullpen help.

Kinda like the pre-1995 Yankees-no appreciation of pitching or bullpens. The rotation is Pedro and Glavine and...? And how they let the bullpen become such a mess is embarrassing. Steve Kline, Bob Wickman, any body. Instead they bring in Heredia.

Kinda like the pre-1995 Yankees-no appreciation of pitching or bullpens. The rotation is Pedro and Glavine and...? And how they let the bullpen become such a mess is embarrassing. Steve Kline, Bob Wickman, any body. Instead they bring in Heredia.

Yeah but that young fireballer looks like a real promising starter. Oh my bad, they gave him away.

Sorry Met fans, couldn't resist.

The 2005 Mets.

Weve all seen the ad's. Weve all heard the hype. And after tonight, I believe we've all seen the team finally play a game. I now am not so terribly upset about Time-Sh#tHead Cable taking the Mets off the system. I am not missing anything.

To me this looks like the continuation of 2004. Fielding errors galore, never a clutch hit, 1 or 2 runs scored per game max, pitchers that get rocked in the second inning, never a lead in any game. You just get a sense that a 1-0 deficit is insurmountable. Each game feels 18 innings long as they never hit.

What is amazing is that this is a new team, new management, and basically an entire new organization, yet they still look like last years disaster.

They play tomorrow Pedro against Smoltz. Perfect setting for a 2-0 loss tomorrow, then home for Petitte.

Could this team go 0-7? Are we this years 0-15 Tigers?

Like I said, I for one am not all that upset anymore that Time-Craphole Cable took the Mets away.

It is sparing me aggrevation and agitta on a nightly basis..

There's a difference between this year's mets and the tigers. That tiger team that went 0-15 was devoid of ANY talent whatsoever. I think our starting centerfielder that year was Gene Kingsale. Who's that you ask? Exactly. Who the f is gene Kingsale?

The problem with the mets is that you added big bats like Beltran but you paid no attention whatsoever to your pressing needs. Which is the bullpen and a reliable starting pitcher. Your bullpen is still in shambles and you wasted a ridiculous amount of money on a pitcher who's better days are well past him. Glavine is past his prime and you trade your propects away for guys that do little to help the ballclub.

Your MO recently has been dropping money on guys past their prime or injury plagued (Vaughn, Martinez, Alomar, etc)

Sorry to say this guys. but the Tigers just left a dark age, you guys might be entering one.

They have Pedro Martines now right?

The guy who was slighted by Boston despite getting 92M of their money? The guy given the city of Boston on a platter? But yet felt he was disrespected by them?

Mwahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!

Eat it Pedro. You weren't the kids hero. When you were there, they loved Nomar. When he left they took to Schilling or Ortiz in stead of you. Good luck in Flushing you piece of ungrateful sh*t.

EDIT: maybe a little harsh, but at least Lowe is showing up on Monday for his ring as he feels honoured. Martinez says he doesn't even want it. Over here, Pete. I'll gladly accept that ring on your behalf.

I can't wait to see how much fun it will be to have Pedro around when the Mets are 33 games out in July. That will be so much fun. Boy, the press conference to announce NY icon Willie Randolph's firing will be fun too. The Mets, boy, they are a class organization. Has Piazza held a "secret" press conference with his buddies in the media to declare that the poor start isn't really his fault yet?

Mets are off terrible and have pitching problems in the rotation and bullpen - sounds familiar.

Kazmir trade is the one thing I really get upset about though- our best pitching prospect for a mediocre at best pitcher!

Archived