Yanks on Yes in HD

ASH_2162

I have to say, even though I am a sad sack Met fan and can only watch 1/4 of their games on chamell 11, watching the Yanks (hopefully lose) on HDTV is nothing short of spectacular. You feel as though you are right in the stadium.

HDTV is simply incredible....

I have to say, even though I am a sad sack Met fan and can only watch 1/4 of their games on chamell 11, watching the Yanks (hopefully lose) on HDTV is nothing short of spectacular. You feel as though you are right in the stadium.

HDTV is simply incredible....

I know YES Broadcasts in HD but I didn't know anyone was carrying it that way.

I have Comcast and they are not. That pisses me off beyond belief.

Who is showing it in HD???

Last year a number of movie theatres around New England showed Red Sox games live in HD. I managed to get tickets to see a game this way and took my son. It was awesome. Strange to be in a movie theatre watching a ballgame, but they had beer and hot dogs in there!

HD is amazing. I hope they do the same for this year as tickets are sold out for every Sox game.

It's amazing how much resistance there is from everyone from major networks, to cable and satellite providers when it comes to HD. While there are a few out there embracing HD, there are plenty of TV powers to be running away from it like the plague. Making it worse, there are a number of HD channels that many carriers will not or cannot carry. DTV is at war with ESPN over ESPN2HD for whatever reason, and until they launch a couple more satellites their space for HD will be limited. On the cable side, they seem to charge a lot more for HD channels and as described before, they play games with their decisions because of who might 'own' a HD station.

Letterman and Conan O'Brien were supposed to be in HD years ago and still aren't. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

It's amazing how much resistance there is from everyone from major networks, to cable and satellite providers when it comes to HD. While there are a few out there embracing HD, there are plenty of TV powers to be running away from it like the plague. Making it worse, there are a number of HD channels that many carriers will not or cannot carry. DTV is at war with ESPN over ESPN2HD for whatever reason, and until they launch a couple more satellites their space for HD will be limited. On the cable side, they seem to charge a lot more for HD channels and as described before, they play games with their decisions because of who might 'own' a HD station.

Letterman and Conan O'Brien were supposed to be in HD years ago and still aren't. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

GOB...they aren't really running away for the technology. They are trying to cut costs and until the masses are capable of receiving a HD signal at home, they are rolling it out slowly.

But I can't wait until everything is in HD.

Archived