Mets acquire OF Green from Diamondbacks

JetNation

Actually, it is not a bad move. Alou, if the rumors were true, would have been more interesting though, as he is slugging at a higher clip then Green.

Adds a solid bat to the lineup for the playoffs. Put it this way...............In a tight playoff game, make or break situation, whom would you rather see at bat, THIS YEAR?

Green or Lastings.

Green is an experienced hitter for the outfield -Milledge is still raw and inexperienced come playoff time.

Mota could be a key guy too -he has good stuff if he can control it that can be a good addition for the bullpen

Green is an experienced hitter for the outfield -Milledge is still raw and inexperienced come playoff time.

Mota could be a key guy too -he has good stuff if he can control it that can be a good addition for the bullpen

Mota showed some nasty stuff last night.

This board needs more love for the Mets!

The Green move was very similar to the Abreu move

Teams looking to unload heavy salaried players, that only a NY team could afford

The Mess are doing their best to copy the Yankees success

The problem with the comparison is that Abreu is 10x the player Green is right now.

The Mets were forced to trade Nady due to the Sanchez injury or they never entertain this guy. This thas nothing to do with the Yankees.

Sometimes you can sound like PATSFAN TX when things are going good for the Yankees. Hopefully you are not doing your best to copy his success.

The problem with the comparison is that Abreu is 10x the player Green is right now.

The Mets were forced to trade Nady due to the Sanchez injury or they never entertain this guy. This thas nothing to do with the Yankees.

Sometimes you can sound like PATSFAN TX when things are going good for the Yankees. Hopefully you are not doing your best to copy his success.

haha,, spot on,, I actually think its because he is probably still in his teens,,hasnt matured yet and gets carried away,,

ya,, yankees invented gettin vets as playoffs approach,,comic relief as always

The Green move was very similar to the Abreu move

Teams looking to unload heavy salaried players, that only a NY team could afford

The Mess are doing their best to copy the Yankees success

Mets got $6.3 million to cover 2/3 of Green's salary for next year. You telling me only the Mets or Yankees could afford $3 million mext year for Shawn Green?

But the Mess are NOT the Yanks

Their level of success believes you to believe they are closer to the Royals/Tigers, than the Yanks

Beat your chest Mess fans.....must be nice every 20 years or so

Jone-Please show me where it says anywhere in the playoff structure where they award you extra wins or runs for what your team has done in teh past.

exactly how does what happened in the last Millenium affect this playoff?

Jone-Please show me where it says anywhere in the playoff structure where they award you extra wins or runs for what your team has done in teh past.

I know as a Mess fan you don't want to say the past has no impact whatsoever on the future......as a Mess fan why would you?

But as a Yankee fan, I do believe the past has shown the Yanks as the "team to beat" each and every year. Unlike the mess, teams like the Yanks have what they call, an aura about them....a sence of invincibility.

It;s nice to have that.

Let me give you an analogy that best reflects your statement

You just found out that your wife slept with the entire football team while in college, as you were dating. That should have no influence on your 10 year marriage.

Jone- The late 90's called, they claim you have overstayed your welcome. Reality is tapping you on the shoulder, and you are in an ignorant bliss.

Good for you.

plus i guess he forgot about the many years before George came when the Yanks were horrendous every year and couldnt put 10,000 in the stands

he probably made some impulsive bets with Mets fans and he is pisssin his pants right about now,,

Yankees fans amuse me. The Shawn Green trade is similar to the Bobby Abreu trade?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Didn't the Yankees take on $19.4M after the Phillies gave Abreu $2M?

Didn't the Mets take on a significantly less contract of $6.95M?

Didn't the Yankees give up 4 prospects, including a recent 1st round draft pick in CJ Henry?

Didn't the Mets only give up a AAA pitcher who will probably never amount to anything in the majors?

These trades are not that similar at all; the Mets taking on only slightly above 52% of Green's remaining contract is completely different from the Yankees taking on slightly less than 91% of Abreu's contract. The Yankees also threw in a high-ceiling prospect of Henry while the Mets gave up MacLane, who had a 4.64 in AA and 3.86 in AAA at the age of 23, almost 24. The best shot he has of making the majors is as a LOOGY.

Gear up for postseason...with that pitching

Bwa-hahahahahaahahahaha

You might want to take a look at your own staff first and stop worrying about the Mets. The Mets have had arguably one of the top 5 bullpens in baseball this season, possibly even top 3. There starting hasn't been there because of injuries, but both Glavine and Pedro will be back before playoffs. We have had a huge lead since pretty much May/June and can afford to rest these guys. Meanwhile, your team has been fighting for 1st all year long without being able to really give your guys breaks, and now Mussina is hurt.

I know as a Mess fan you don't want to say the past has no impact whatsoever on the future......as a Mess fan why would you?

But as a Yankee fan, I do believe the past has shown the Yanks as the "team to beat" each and every year. Unlike the mess, teams like the Yanks have what they call, an aura about them....a sence of invincibility.

It hasn't been the past that has made them the team to beat. Its been the $$$$$.

It hasn't been the past that has made them the team to beat. Its been the $$$$$.

I'm the biggest Yankee fan there is, but this is true. We sh!t that aura of invincibility away quite dramatically in 2004. Maybe we could ignore 2004 as an anomaly if we won last year, but oops we did it again! The current team has shown a choke streak and they had better overcome it this year.

PS: I like the Mets, but if Pedro and Glavine don't come back strong they are going to have a real tough road in the playoffs. Why don't Met fans love Wagner? They should.

I'm the biggest Yankee fan there is, but this is true. We sh!t that aura of invincibility away quite dramatically in 2004. Maybe we could ignore 2004 as an anomaly if we won last year, but oops we did it again! The current team has shown a choke streak and they had better overcome it this year.

PS: I like the Mets, but if Pedro and Glavine don't come back strong they are going to have a real tough road in the playoffs. Why don't Met fans love Wagner? They should.

He's blown too many saves to be loved. He needs to earn the love.

I disagree...the Yanks haven't been the team to beat since '01,conviently since George went on his yearly spending sprees...although to be fair,he did throw a wad at Moose before the '01 season.

IMO,thats when the Yanks lost that Aura from the dynasty

Archived