Coco Crisp...peek-a-boo!

NIGHT STALKER

I don't know how else to describe that batting stance of Crisp's...it's kind of a "peek-a-boo" thingy where he rests his chin on his shoulder like that...what's that about?:character42:

Could you imagine Ted, Mickey, Willie, Hank...etc...with a stance like that? It's a joke.

A guy's stance is a joke? Yankee fans, feeling froggy, are grasping at anything. The NESN guys have talked about it, saying it helps keeps his shoulders square while being able to see the ball better. Does it work? Doesn't seem to be working too well this year, but to denigrate a man over his stance? Silly.

Go back to being outraged over something important.

A guy's stance is a joke? Yankee fans, feeling froggy, are grasping at anything. The NESN guys have talked about it, saying it helps keeps his shoulders square while being able to see the ball better. Does it work? Doesn't seem to be working too well this year, but to denigrate a man over his stance? Silly.

Go back to being outraged over something important.

Thor, are you freaking serious? I could have really blasted the Sox and their poor showing (I'm being kind) this past weekend, but it's not my style.

I don't give two ****s what the NESN guys have said...it's obvious it isn't helping him or your freaken team.

:-s

Prior to this season, Coco batted .300 and avaeraged 30+ doubles, 15 HRs and 70+ RBIs with this stance.

I think his poor season has more to do with the broken hand then his batting stance.

:-s

Prior to this season, Coco batted .300 and avaeraged 30+ doubles, 15 HRs and 70+ RBIs with this stance.

I think his poor season has more to do with the broken hand then his batting stance.

Either that or he just can't deal with the pressure. That is a possibility as well.

Either that or he just can't deal with the pressure. That is a possibility as well.

Could be.

Granted, it was early, but he was doing fine until he got injured. Then upon his return he has been inconsistent. It could be the pressure, but I am looking at his injury more as the cause.

BO

When Damon loses that chip on his shoulder in 2007 and he becomes another old over priced OF for the Yankees, what will you be saying?

When Damon loses that chip on his shoulder in 2007 and he becomes another old over priced OF for the Yankees, what will you be saying?

We will say:

I hope he rebounds in 2008. But while we wait, that Word Series Championship in 2006 sure did hit the spot.

Could be.

Granted, it was early, but he was doing fine until he got injured. Then upon his return he has been inconsistent. It could be the pressure, but I am looking at his injury more as the cause.

BO

The pressure thing with Cocoa is a very real possibility. I wonder if he will be in Bosox -Land in 2007. See the other thread on this Forum.

Damon will be fine for 3 seasons. The 4th year bothers me. I wish the Yankees could have gotten an option for that season instead of a guaranteed payout.

But he contributes towards 3 WS Championships, I guess I could live with that 4th year.;)

In reality, it is a similar situation with the Mets and Pedro, although to me, in 2005, I said that the last 2 seasons would be injury-filled ones for the Mets and Pedro. I did not expect him to start breaking down in 2006.

The pressure thing with Cocoa is a very real possibility. I wonder if he will be in Bosox -Land in 2007. See the other thread on this Forum.

Damon will be fine for 3 seasons. The 4th year bothers me. I wish the Yankees could have gotten an option for that season instead of a guaranteed payout.

But he contributes towards 3 WS Championships, I guess I could live with that 4th year.;)

In reality, it is a similar situation with the Mets and Pedro, although to me, in 2005, I said that the last 2 seasons would be injury-filled ones for the Mets and Pedro. I did not expect him to start breaking down in 2006.

I thought the Damon contract was a reach. The way he is playing this year though he has proved me and many others wrong.

Damon, Abreu, Giami and Posada WEAR these pitchers out. Whoever the Yankees face in the postseason, they better have good pen. Because you are going to see some crazy pitch counts in the 5th inning from their starters.

He will be.

Ducci's speculation means little. He is a Yankee writer. Always has been.

I thought the Damon contract was a reach. The way he is playing this year though he has proved me and many others wrong.

Damon, Abreu, Giami and Posada WEAR these pitchers out. Whoever the Yankees face in the postseason, they better have good pen. Because you are going to see some crazy pitch counts in the 5th inning from their starters.

Good points.

I think the Angels if they were to make it would cause the Yanks problems ala last season.

Good points.

I think the Angels if they were to make it would cause the Yanks problems ala last season.

A lot can change in a month and a half. But right now the way the Yankees are playing, they are not going to be beat.

I really love the approach that Mattingly has taught a lot of these guys. In the past Posada (and Giambi) always seemed happy with the walk. Now I understand the importance of having guys get on base.

But they seem different this year. They work the count with the focus being on getting a ball they can hit hard. And the results imo are a lineup that is just lethal. Honestly they should move AROD down to 7th or 8th. He is in the way (as sick as that sounds).

And yes -- a lot can change and quickly.

When you see guys as patient as damon, Jeter, Abreu, and Giambi, followed by an A-Rod, Cano and Posada, the lineup is lethal. It is small wonder that cano has 27 RBIs before he got hurt in late June, and has 17 more in the few weeks he has been back.

With the Yankees, it will come down, as it always does, to the pitching. Solid starting pitching, and we can hang up #27 right now.

Here's what I think - from a woman's point of view:

One of the keys to the Red Sox World Series victory, in addition to the surprisingly good pitching by Lowe and Arroyo (no surprise with Schill, Foulke, Petey, Timlin, etc) and the great, clutch hitting by Ortiz and the machine that is Rameriez - was the "loose" atmosphere in the clubhouse. A "cast your cares away" attitude that almost always keeps the pressure at bay. The "nothing to lose" way of life. Silly. Have fun. Work hard. Play hard. Those guys are gone and so isn't the attitude. Shoot - Ramirez is pissed about some scorers decision in Monday's game right now. Yes, Manny! The Sox clubhouse is wound up TIGHT. Not good. Anyway, one of the catalysts for this 'tude was Johnny Damon. The self-proclaimed "idiot," media darling, hard working, hard partying, walk around the lockerroom naked and telling jokes, Damon. He helped keep things loose. Varitek kept 'em focused....Damon kept them loose. There is no one there now to do this. No one.

Additionally - by all local media accounts - Crisp is not only a disppointment on the field - but much more so in the clubhouse. Rumor has it he is universally disliked by his teammates. He's described as anti-social, unless he is in front of a camera. The anti-Damon, lets say. Damon is -gee, TOO social. LOL! Media, fans, babies - no matter - Damon loves being "loved." It feeds that rock-star ego of his.

Yes, the Yankees did get the better of the deal. Even if Damon continues to wear down and plays like poop in year three of his contract - it sure beats Crisp who will surely be gone after this season.

And this is why the Yankees MAY have a legit shot at the WS. For years they have been "tight." By all accounts - Damon has loosened them up as much as the Yankees will allow. You can't tell me this has not HELPED their efforts. I would assume the pressuure on the Yankees is immense - fans, media and internally. Damon may have helped aleviate some of that pressure. Players play looser. Don't force things.......well, unless your Arod! LOL!

Archived