The Media & Mangini - By JetMoses

JM, as much as I liked your front page ed today, I was more impressed

with this one. A lot of emotion and right to the point.

What I always understood, and what frustrated me so much that I couldn't make the hermaphrodites understand is-

Herm underachieved with two playoff victories in five seasons. They made it sound like it was success. Compared to what, Jets history? Well isn't that convenient- that bastard Herm Edwards said just last year, during a 4-12 season that "Jets fans suffer because they want to suffer". This is a guy who always said that we as fans were always hung up on our history, and the "same old Jets" crap. But out of the other side of his mouth, he would always point out (or had his media lapdogs do it for him) how he was the only one to go to the playoffs 3 times in 4 (and then 5) years. Herm pretended that the past was insignificant, but he used it too his advantage, and played alot of people like a fiddle. He is a bastard. An absolute bastard. He came to this team, unqualified, fast tracked and totally incompetent, and then forced on this team his BS system on offense and defense, and cut 7 guys off the roster in the first two weeks he was here (6 of them won a ring with the Pats in 2001, Shane Burton went to a SB with the Panthers). This guy ruined us. Parcells as a HC/GM had the team for four years and created a core of players on the verge, all that was needed was some tweaking and a few draft picks, but it was handed over to two idiots, Edwards and Bradway. They won two playoff game, let the shelf life expire on the core players, and developed nobody. They left a pile of crap for the "next guy", Mangini. And this POS Cannizaro thinks he's going to dog this guy? Fck him.

I only wish Leon Hess could have held on just a few more years, and none of this crap would have happened.

Just to give you a sense of what the Chiefs are now doing to lower expecations on the imbecile.They sense impedning doom and unemploymenrt. From he Chiefs own site-

My take-

The Jets in 2001 were not a rebuilding job, in fact it was similar to the Chiefs-a team on the rise with a few kinks to work out. The 2000 Jets under Groh beat the Dungy/Herm Tampa Bucs in Tampa, and would have been in the playoffs but for either a missed John Hall kick in a monsoon vs. the Lions, or had they held a 3 TD 2nd quarter lead in Baltimore on the last day of the season againat a Ravens team that was the eventual champion. In 1999 the Jets were favored to win the AFC until Testaverde was hurt in the 1st game, and still almost made the playoffs with Ray Lucas. Edwards had 2 solid 1st round DEs, a HoF RB and Testaverde,a decent vet QB, along with a decent OL, and okay LBs and DBs.

Does this guy read and research things or just make it up? And this is a writer ont he Chiefs site.

Again,rebuilding teams do not sign TY Law to a mulityear deal. This BS article has the classic signs of Edwards feeding his newfound pal in the pressroom a c0ck&bull story to lower expectations on himself. Seems the "Waiting for Willie Roaf" excuse is in many articles emanating from Chief camp, even though Roaf has made it clear he's done. And if this is a rebuilding job, the way Edwards indulges vets as you've seen in camp, they're in for a long season.And they're trying to get their story straight for the guy who tried to corner the silver market so Peterson and Edwards still have jobs after the wreckage.

The problem with Edwards will always be he isn't about football; he's about himself.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/08/23/gretz_the_word_of_the_season/

GRETZ: The Word of the Season

Aug 23, 2006, 8:57:01 AM by Bob Gretz - FAQ

Search the pages of any dictionary and one word best describes the current state of affairs around the Chiefs: transition.

This group is a team in transition. Call it an excuse if you like, but it’s a fact of life around Arrowhead Stadium. It doesn’t fully explain the way the Chiefs have played in their first two pre-season games. But it’s an underlying cause and it will continue to show itself throughout the season.

There are plenty of pundits that have looked at the 10 coaching changes in the NFL this year and determined that Herm Edwards had the easiest situation to step into with the Chiefs. Only one of the other nine clubs finished the season with a winning record (Minnesota), while the Chiefs were 10-6 and just missed the post-season.

That created the belief that all Edwards had to do in Kansas City was turn around the fortunes of the defense and all would be well for the red and gold. There are people around Arrowhead who believe that. There are players in the Chiefs locker room who subscribe to that belief.

Well folks, I’m here to tell you it ain’t that easy. We are seeing the first evidence of that by the way the Chiefs have stumbled through the first half of the pre-season. There’s more to come.

Edwards would have had an easier task taking over a rebuilding job, much like he did in New York five years ago with the Jets. A coach who comes into a situation with a losing team can just push the plunger and blow everything up. He can start from scratch.(THAT IS A LIE!SEE ABOVE; THIS HAS HERMIE'S LYING BBQ-STAINED FINGERS ALL OVER IT!)

Not so in a transition. A coach in that situation has to blend old and new, not only in strategy but in a coaching staff and on the roster. That’s does not happen overnight, let alone in one off-season, one training camp and a pair of pre-season games.

Here’s the most current example: under Dick Vermeil, the Chiefs paid no attention to pre-season games in the last few seasons. They were unimportant to Vermeil and his coaching staff because they felt they had the basics of their team in place, their approach was set, and the only major change in the coaching staff was the addition in 2004 of Gunther Cunningham as defensive coordinator.

Thus, the Chiefs in the last two seasons went 1-7 in the pre-season.

Edwards has a different approach. He wants to win these games. He’s not going to put his starters at physical risk and he’s not going to allow his offense and defense to empty the playbook, but he wants victories and he especially wants his first teamers to approach their limited playing time like it’s important.

Thus, we have a transitional moment. The Chiefs found that out after their sleepwalking loss to the Giants last Thursday. Edwards unloaded on them in the locker room after the game. This was not nice Herm. This was a ticked off Herm.

A football team is an organism, made up of many molecules. Put a successful team under a microscope and those molecules are all intertwined. Put the Chiefs of the last five seasons under the microscope and there are two big clumps of molecules set off from each other: the offense and defense. And for the better part of the last five years, the molecules of this organism changed very little.

Now with Herm Edwards in charge, the DNA is being altered. There are changes at head coach, offensive coordinator, the defensive coaching staff and the defensive scheme has been modified. The defense doesn’t just have to improve to change things with this team. The defense and offense must become intertwined.

The Chiefs are a team in transition.

The opinions offered in this column do not necessarily reflect those of the Kansas City Chiefs.

A former beat reporter who covered the Pittsburgh Steelers during their glory years, Gretz covered the Chiefs for the Kansas City Star for nine years before heading up KCFX-FM's sports department. He is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Board of Selectors. His column appears three times a week during the season.

What I always understood, and what frustrated me so much that I couldn't make the hermaphrodites understand is-

Herm underachieved with two playoff victories in five seasons. They made it sound like it was success. Compared to what, Jets history? Well isn't that convenient- that bastard Herm Edwards said just last year, during a 4-12 season that "Jets fans suffer because they want to suffer". This is a guy who always said that we as fans were always hung up on our history, and the "same old Jets" crap. But out of the other side of his mouth, he would always point out (or had his media lapdogs do it for him) how he was the only one to go to the playoffs 3 times in 4 (and then 5) years. Herm pretended that the past was insignificant, but he used it too his advantage, and played alot of people like a fiddle. He is a bastard. An absolute bastard. He came to this team, unqualified, fast tracked and totally incompetent, and then forced on this team his BS system on offense and defense, and cut 7 guys off the roster in the first two weeks he was here (6 of them won a ring with the Pats in 2001, Shane Burton went to a SB with the Panthers). This guy ruined us. Parcells as a HC/GM had the team for four years and created a core of players on the verge, all that was needed was some tweaking and a few draft picks, but it was handed over to two idiots, Edwards and Bradway. They won two playoff game, let the shelf life expire on the core players, and developed nobody. They left a pile of crap for the "next guy", Mangini. And this POS Cannizaro thinks he's going to dog this guy? Fck him.

I only wish Leon Hess could have held on just a few more years, and none of this crap would have happened.

Those two playoff victories were very odd.

1). The absolute massacre of the Colts in 2002 when Pennington was on a roll.

2). The Chargers game where Barton lost his mind and smacks Brees in the head with 30 seconds left allowing the Chargers to tie the game. Not to mention Kaeding missing a very make able 37 yard field goal in OT.

Then the Steelers game loss where the Jets did jack-all on offense against a very overrated Steelers D but still had a chance to win at the end and Herm has Pennington take a freaking' knee to setup Briens 2nd attempt from 43yards on a field that was a graveyard for kickers.

Something I don't understand.How is it that the title of this post is The media and Mangini,yet the entire article is a Herman Edwards hate fest.

Jet fans don't like Herman Edwards,i get that.Jet fans don't appreciate the way the media has attacked Eric Mangini because of his decision to limit media access to players and coaches,i get that.

What i don't get is why these same Jet fans go hog wild over camp reports written by Jetcane and blast the owner of a certain internet site for charging for his exclusive articles written by the same media they can't stand.

This article written by Jet Moses should have been titled Why Herman Edwards sucked,but inorder to not appear to be starting yet another Herman Edwards thread,this poster hid behind a bogus headline.

Eric Mangini is the HC of the NYJets,and thus far he's done a decent job.He controls the entire Jets football organization,not Mike T and not anyone else.He will be judged on his own merit,with the way he decided to run his team as far as the media is concern being a huge overriding factor.If the Jets win,the media will rave about him,and you the fans will eat it up.If the Jets don't win,the media will eat him alive and you the fans will join them.That's what you do,so why not forget about Herm the (fill in your adjective) and concentrate on the mangini led Jets,you know,the team you love.

The season is about to start,yet this Jet fan can't stop reading about a former HC nobody liked.Wanna know why.You don't have anything else to talk about,because nothing is being reported.

See,the media in NY just maybe,just maybe they have a frilling point.

Something I don't understand.How is it that the title of this post is The media and Mangini,yet the entire article is a Herman Edwards hate fest.

Jet fans don't like Herman Edwards,i get that.Jet fans don't appreciate the way the media has attacked Eric Mangini because of his decision to limit media access to players and coaches,i get that.

What i don't get is why these same Jet fans go hog wild over camp reports written by Jetcane and blast the owner of a certain internet site for charging for his exclusive articles written by the same media they can't stand.

This article written by Jet Moses should have been titled Why Herman Edwards sucked,but inorder to not appear to be starting yet another Herman Edwards thread,this poster hid behind a bogus headline.

Eric Mangini is the HC of the NYJets,and thus far he's done a decent job.He controls the entire Jets football organization,not Mike T and not anyone else.He will be judged on his own merit,with the way he decided to run his team as far as the media is concern being a huge overriding factor.If the Jets win,the media will rave about him,and you the fans will eat it up.If the Jets don't win,the media will eat him alive and you the fans will join them.That's what you do,so why not forget about Herm the (fill in your adjective) and concentrate on the mangini led Jets,you know,the team you love.

The season is about to start,yet this Jet fan can't stop reading about a former HC nobody liked.Wanna know why.You don't have anything else to talk about,because nothing is being reported.

Well, it's like this. Those of us who couldn't stand Edwards from so early-on had to listen to fellow fans tell us what idiots we were. We had to read about it in the papers & then have friends make stupid references to these stupid articles. I had Jets fan friends in my ff leagues or college buddies who'd clamor on about what a great motivator Herm is. As though any of them knew this for certain beyond what was spoon-fed by the media, who was spoon-fed by Herm. And when I posted unflattering things about King Edwards when I started out on JI, I was attacked mercilessly by pretty much everyone except for a bunch who, not coincidentally, ended up here.

The final indignation was not Edwards leaving. Personally, I wanted him fired outright, which would've netted us less than the 4th-rounder we got raped into accepting. But that it made us look like fools. It was humiliating. This sub-moron, who'd managed to look pretty f'ing dumb many times over the past 5 seasons (particularly over the past three), was now getting a hero's welcome in KC. Well f-him. I couldn't be happier that he's gone unless I was able to turn back the clock & have him fired earlier or (better yet) never hired in the first place.

But why stil the on & on & on & on? A legitimate question if asked from someone who liked Herm while he was here. It gives me pleasure after having to endure the pain. The squandered opportunities that simply do not come back are so frustrating, it takes time to get out of one's system. Want an analogy?

You're in your car on the highway. Terrible traffic. You're sitting in it for an hour, over which time you've moved 1/4 of a mile. Then you see what it was all about. An accident. No one hurt thankfully, but you're still aggrivated for having been forced to sit still. Now you've got open road in front of you. Do you stay the course & maybe speed up to 50-55? Or do you gun it up to over 80?

Some just go 55 after that & say oh well, life goes on.

Some don't. They somehow feel it makes up for lost time.

Which is right & which is wrong? Neither, or both. Depends on your personality.

But it's not because nothing else is being reported.

All that prove spermy is that you need the comformation of others to justify your beliefs.If you believed in your hear of Hearts that Edwards sucked,why would someone's different opinion make a difference to you.

You spoke of squandered opportunities,so let me tell you this.

IMHO,and I love Chad Pennington as my QB,but the only reason the Jets didn't do better than they did under Herman Edwards was Chad Pennington.

1 more thing.It wasn't because of his supposed rag arm either.It was simply because he could never stay healthy.Chad Penning took the Jets to the 2nd round of the playoffs twice.The 1st time was in his 1st yr as a starter.The 2nd time was in 2004 after his 1st hand injury,and he was playing with a torn up shoulder.This QB was a our starter for 4 out of 5 yrs.2 of those 4 yrs,he was injured,and he was injured during 1 other when the team made it almost to the AFC Championship game.

All that prove spermy is that you need the comformation of others to justify your beliefs.If you believed in your hear of Hearts that Edwards sucked,why would someone's different opinion make a difference to you.

I don't see it that way at all:

- I am a Jets fan.

- It was my belief that the Jets would never win a superbowl as long as Edwards was the HC (no matter how long he stayed here).

- Fans and media kissing his worthless ass enabled him to stay here as long as he did. The Jets brass reads the papers and I'll bet they read some MB's also. If they see unilateral support for Edwards in those two areas (the media and the fans) then they would N-E-V-E-R let him go.

But it isn't about proving myself right with repeated and only-slightly differing ways of saying "I told you so."

People have different opinions. They express them here as well as other places. I see no problem. Of course it does beg the question why some people bring up this one AFC rival as the one team/coach that should be immune to all trash-talk & bad-mouthing. No problems if I bad-mouth any & every other coach. As long as it isn't Hermie.

IMHO,and I love Chad Pennington as my QB,but the only reason the Jets didn't do better than they did under Herman Edwards was Chad Pennington.

What!

Pennington saved Herm's *ss in 2002! Herm destroyed Pennington's career by letting him continue to play hurt through the 2004 season when Quincy Carter was 2-1 as the starter. Penny finished the season, 2-4. Herm then rushed Penny back to start '05. Herm scuttled our hopes as the shelf life continued to expire on the rest of the team.

Let's not forget Herm the genius keeping Pennington in an exhibition game and calling a play that required a rookie fullback to pick up the blitz, derailing the 2003 season (because Hacky refused to work with Vinny). :bag:

The point of the article was to demonstrate that the media, particularly Cannizaro were stooges for Herm, right up until the end ("The Jets will be making a big mistake if they let Herm go"). They have no integrity. I cited some examples of that.

The media now feels indignant because Hermy was "booted" (a lie) in spite of their pleas to the Jets FO to keep Hermy under contract at any cost. So they are taking pot shots at the Jets FO.

Looks clear to me.

What!

Pennington saved Herm's *ss in 2002! Herm destroyed Pennington's career by letting him continue to play hurt through the 2004 season when Quincy Carter was 2-1 as the starter. Penny finished the season, 2-4. Herm then rushed Penny back to start '05. Herm scuttled our hopes as the shelf life continued to expire on the rest of the team.

Let's not forget Herm the genius keeping Pennington in an exhibition game and calling a play that required a rookie fullback to pick up the blitz, derailing the 2003 season (because Hacky refused to work with Vinny). :bag:

Sperm makes a great point. We cannot get those wasted opportunities back. Tese were years that the talent and opportunity was there. It may seem crazy now, but in 2000 the Jets and Pats weren't all that different talent wise.

And as to Pennington, the Jets in 2002 we headed no where. Pennington should have been the QB from the begininning since his strengths were more suited to the WCO from day 1 than were Testaverde's.There were ptich battles at JI about how playing Testaverde at that point was folly or that Pennington in the HC's words, "isn't ready and may never be ready". But for the Imbecile having no choice but to start Pennington midseason, the Jets don't win any 3rd tiebreakers and Edwards would have long been the DB coach for the Colts. He totally lucked into it. And we'd have 1 less very lucky playoff berth to pretend Edwards was the 2nd coming.

Just one point more-Bryan Cox was somewhat over-the-hill when Edwards took over. But this is a physical guy, a salt-of-the-earth headbusting cut-off-body-parts-to-win guy. He played in that Lions monsoon game with a broken leg in 2000. This is a guy that if he was on the other team, you hated and if he was on your team you loved. If winning mattered, there should have been a role for him with the 2001 Jets.

Edwards first move was to dump Bryan Cox.

Mangini's 2nd or 3rd move was to make Bryan Cox his LB coach.

Just one point more-Bryan Cox was somewhat over-the-hill when Edwards took over. But this is a physical guy, a salt-of-the-earth headbusting cut-off-body-parts-to-win guy. He played in that Lions monsoon game with a broken leg in 2000. This is a guy that if he was on the other team, you hated and if he was on your team you loved. If winning mattered, there should have been a role for him with the 2001 Jets.

Edwards first move was to dump Bryan Cox.

Mangini's 2nd or 3rd move was to make Bryan Cox his LB coach.

Bugg-You have to give some background with the Cox signing. He was given an exhorbitant going away present by parcells. Groh, who was still coach at the time the signing was announced, was stunned by the move also. It was one of the precipitating factors, as I hear things, that led Groh on his exodus.

Cox was signed this contract with a BROKEN leg. He was owed a huge roster bonus in February. Bradway and Herm inherited that contract. with a lot of other contract messes, and were left to sort through it.

Do you pay a some what over the hill and limited LB who is coming off a broken leg, is rehabbing and commit a huge roster bonus to him when he can't even work out for you?

Criticize all you want about the Bradway/Herm signings and teh ones that got away, but, if you are going to pile on with letting Cox go, you are barking up teh wrong tree,

That was the right move at the right time.

What Peterson and every single Chiefs fan is about to understand is, when Cannizaro wrote sht like "Herman Edwards is the only Jets coach to go to the playoffs 3 times in 5 seasons" he leaves out

1. He's the only Jets coach to take over a Jets team with a winning record .

2. He's the only Jets coach to take over a Jets team that didn't have a losing record 3 years in a row.

3. He's the only Jets coach to take over a Jets team that didn't have a losing record 2 years in a row.

4. He's the only Jets coach to take over a Jets team that had 4 number one picks the prior season, a hall of fame RB, and one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

With all of that, Herm ran the team right into the ground. In 1997, Bill Parcells took over a team that one 3 games in two years. Four years later, the NFL and Jesse Jackson forced this incompetent moron on our team and he destroyed it. The team consecutively got worse; it went 10-6, 9-7, 6-10, and 4-12 in five years, with one abberation in 2004 when Herm threw Cottrell under the bus, brought in Henderson (by default because nobody else wanted the job) who scrapped Herm's cover who BS and actually did ok for that one season but it was business as usual the following season.

What Herman Edwards did for five years is look good on paper. I'll give him that, he knew how to hedge his bets and come out smelling like a rose. Feed the ball to a RB who never fumbles (so what if he has two ankle sprains) and your O-linemen will never be flagged and your QB will never throw INT's. And then you can have all your media lapdogs repeat ad nauseum "Herm's teams are well disciplined and the least penalized and his teams have the lowest turnovers" and it sounds great. With a talented team, you can play it safe and win 9 or 10 games, make the playoffs and have job security indefinitely. Herman Edwards is a fraud. A fraud that has been perpetuated at our expense for 5 years, and every one of these douche bags who prolonged our suffering so they can get a free box of donuts is going to get it back in spades if I have anything to say about it.

Your original article was excellent, but the sequel right here is even better. Well done.:win:

1. He's the only Jets coach to take over a Jets team with a winning record .

3. He's the only Jets coach to take over a Jets team that didn't have a losing record 2 years in a row.

Joe Walton inherited a team that had 2 consecutive winning years and was in the AFC Championship game

And as to Pennington, the Jets in 2002 we headed no where. Pennington should have been the QB from the begininning since his strengths were more suited to the WCO from day 1 than were Testaverde's.There were ptich battles at JI about how playing Testaverde at that point was folly or that Pennington in the HC's words, "isn't ready and may never be ready". But for the Imbecile having no choice but to start Pennington midseason, the Jets don't win any 3rd tiebreakers and Edwards would have long been the DB coach for the Colts. He totally lucked into it.

Here's the chronology of Herm's handling of Chad Pennington (it's a microcosym of the bigger picture that demonstrates Herm's total incompetence):

2001- Herm hands Pennington a clipboard. Makes Vinny the starter by default, even though Hackett has all but wrapped a neon sign around his forehead saying "I will not design an offense that this statue can run". What few snaps Penny gets in TC, are shared with Tory Woodbury. I wish I could find a link, because I know for a fact he said it, he said (I'm paraphrasing) "It's important that there are more black QB's".

2002- The team started out 1-4, or something like that, Vinny was sucking farts, but Herm waited until Vinny was too hurt to start and gave the job to Penny in an act of sheer desperation. Penny had a great December, pitched a shutout against the Colts in the playoffs, and it looked like the team was on it's way. In spite of Herm, Hackett and Cottrell, 2003 looked to be a promising season.

2003- Dckhead Herm has Pennington on the field with 2 minutes left in the half of an exhibition game and calls a play requiring a rookie FB to pick up the blitz. Penny fcks up his wrist. Vinny starts, but Hacky won't budge on the awful play calling, so the engine has a few burned out spark plugs. Herm panics and rushes Pennington back, and even tells the Eagles on a Tuesday that on Sunday Vinny will start and Chad will come in during the game. Herm actually pulls Vinny out of the game- with a lead- and puts Pennington in who hasn't started in five weeks. Jets lose, go on to finish season 6-10.

Does anybody else want to finish this for me, and do 2004 and 2005? Thanks.

All this rehashing of the "glory" years reminds me of what I'm afraid of with Mangini. Hackett was considered an excellent offensive mind, but he refused to adapt his play calls to the personnel. That can be deadly. I guess it was. This team is so far in the crapper I guess it doesn't matter. He'll have players that fit his "system" soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Dude just so i can make this absolutely clear. Chad Pennington was the reason.He could never stay healthy,and that's why he was the reason.When he was healthy,the team flurished,the problem was he was never healthy long enough.

One dimensional thinking is a dangerous thing.This was my statement.

1 more thing.It wasn't because of his supposed rag arm either.It was simply because he could never stay healthy.Chad Penning took the Jets to the 2nd round of the playoffs twice.The 1st time was in his 1st yr as a starter.The 2nd time was in 2004 after his 1st hand injury,and he was playing with a torn up shoulder.This QB was a our starter for 4 out of 5 yrs.2 of those 4 yrs,he was injured,and he was injured during 1 other when the team made it almost to the AFC Championship game.

Dude just so i can make this absolutely clear. Chad Pennington was the reason.He could never stay healthy,and that's why he was the reason.When he was healthy,the team flurished,the problem was he was never healthy long enough.

One dimensional thinking is a dangerous thing.This was my statement.

Tinstar-

You make it sound like Pennington's injuries were just bad luck.

They were the result of Herms ring around the rosie training camps where his offensive linemen were all out of shape to start the season. It's not a coincidence that Herm was the HC of a team that lost two QB's for the season a few plays apart in one game, and the following year, after another patty cake TC with another team, the QB gets clobbered while running for his life.

Herm gets people hurt. His teams are unprepared, poorly trained, his coaching assistants dont even know what down or distance it is-

It's a train wreck. When you put your players out on the same field with a team that is well prepared, in top physical condition, and have discipline, you are sending your guys out into a bloodbath.

It's Herm's absolutely retarded offensive gameplan (or complete lack of one) combined with not checking the weight of his players, or even seeing if they can run up and down a flight of stairs 5 or 6 times that gets players injured, particularly the QB, who happens to be the most vulnerable person on the field. I know everybody wanted Matt Leinart or Reggie Bush but thank God we finally have a HC who understands the importance of protecting the QB with well drilled, highly conditioned linemen.

Herman Edwards is, was, and always will be an *sshole.

Bugg-You have to give some background with the Cox signing. He was given an exhorbitant going away present by parcells. Groh, who was still coach at the time the signing was announced, was stunned by the move also. It was one of the precipitating factors, as I hear things, that led Groh on his exodus.

Cox was signed this contract with a BROKEN leg. He was owed a huge roster bonus in February. Bradway and Herm inherited that contract. with a lot of other contract messes, and were left to sort through it.

Do you pay a some what over the hill and limited LB who is coming off a broken leg, is rehabbing and commit a huge roster bonus to him when he can't even work out for you?

Criticize all you want about the Bradway/Herm signings and teh ones that got away, but, if you are going to pile on with letting Cox go, you are barking up teh wrong tree,

That was the right move at the right time.

You find a way to afford a guy like Cox. Perhaps cutting back on some of the useless free agents they signed would have helped.