Pavano knocked out (hit in the head)

Barton

I think he'll be fine, he left the field on his own, which is always a good thing.

:([-o<#-o

Ever hear of "shell shock"? No pitcher comes back the same after taking a line drive to the head. Nobody. That memory always sits in the back of a pitcher's head and causes some measure of decline. Herb Score, anyone?

Ever hear of "shell shock"? No pitcher comes back the same after taking a line drive to the head. Nobody. That memory always sits in the back of a pitcher's head and causes some measure of decline. Herb Score, anyone?

IT is a good point. It will have an effect on him. The question is for how long?

He was diagnosed with a mild concussion. But did travel with the team to Boston. Personally though I will be surprised if he makes his next scheduled start.

IT is a good point. It will have an effect on him. The question is for how long?

He was diagnosed with a mild concussion. But did travel with the team to Boston. Personally though I will be surprised if he makes his next scheduled start.

The physical effects will pass. He'll be 100 % soon.

But it's the MENTAL aspect that you gotta worry about. Very few guys are mentally tough enough to come back from a line drive to the head without declining. This is one of the reasons why my goal is to end up a sports psychologist. :D

Archived