Post Your Rig

GoAT

Here's a thread for everyone to post what kind of machine they are working with, as well as post your allegiences as far as Intel vs AMD and Nvidia vs ATI

and why.

I am currently typing on a Athlon 64 3000+ "Winchester" with two sticks of 512mb Corsair XMS DDR-400 on an MSI Neo2 Platinum Mobo, and Nvidia GeForce 5200 FX in a CoolerMaster Centurion III case. this A64 chip blows my previous rig's 3.0 ghz P4 out of the water especially when gaming, with the same GPU. AMD all the way. I do need a new graphics card, I think once I have the money I'll pick up a Radeon 9800 Pro when the price gets to about $150.

P4 2.5Ghz

MSI 845PE Max mobo

1GB PC-2700 RAM

Nvidia GeForce 6800 128MB

The cpu is on the slow side these days, but the video card lets me play HL2, Doom3 and Far Cry with the graphics all set to high.

If I was looking at a new rig I would probably go for an A64 cpu, though I am impressed with the performance of the Pentium-M which is starting to become available for desktop machines.

I do need a new graphics card, I think once I have the money I'll pick up a Radeon 9800 Pro when the price gets to about $150.

Go to www.newegg.com

They have R9800pros for just over $150. If you can afford a little bit more then I would recommend the GF6600GT instead.

I don't bother with games for it, that's what consoles are for.

Only when a new console has just been launched. The Xbox and PS2 seem ancient now compared to a decent PC. Nothing on a console can touch Half Life 2.

Only when a new console has just been launched. The Xbox and PS2 seem ancient now compared to a decent PC. Nothing on a console can touch Half Life 2.

Ah, but I was never into first person shooter games that much. And with no broadband, online games have no interest.

Says a lot my favourite game is still FF7, followed by Sensi on the Mega Drive. God, the PS version of Sensi was possibly the greatest gaming abortion ever.

ive got an amd 3000+ with 512mb of ram, 120 gig hard drive and a cd burner. i run both windows xp and a few diferent versions of linux on it. ive also got a custom 1.8 ghz machine that im looking to replace, it is starting to die and rather than putting money into an older machine i might as well just get something new. possibly a media center pc. ive also got a 3 year old gateway laptop that is about dead. thinking about getting a used fujitsu lifebook, one of the really tiny touchscreen ones.

desktop - Power Mac G5, dual 2.5ghz, 2GB ddr400 pc3200 sdram, nvidia geforce 6800 ultra ddl vid card. cdr-dvdr, 2x250gb sata hd, gigabit, bluetooth, airport extreme.

right now i'm on my laptop - titanium powerbook, 667 mhz, 1gb ram, 60gb hd, cdr/dvd, airport card so i can get comfortable whilst i post.

Archived