I....d....i....o....t

Sperm Edwards

Titans cornerback "Pacman" Jones charged with misdemeanors at bar

2006-08-25 07:05

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) -Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam ``Pacman'' Jones was arrested outside a bar early Friday and charged with disorderly conduct and public intoxication.

According to the police report, officers saw Jones arguing loudly with a woman outside a nightclub where a rap concert had been held.

Jones, 22, was described by police as slurring his speech, having bloodshot eyes and smelling strongly of alcohol.

The arrest came at 1:34 a.m. CDT, the day after the Titans broke training camp.

Jones had already been excused from Friday's team schedule for personal reasons, according to The Tennessean.

Jones was arguing with a woman he accused of stealing his wallet inside the club and passing it to one of her friends, according to police.

Officers said they ordered Jones to leave several times, but he refused and continued to shout profanities.

Jones was released from custody in lieu of $750 bond.

The Titans did not immediately return a telephone message by The Associated Press, seeking comment.

Earlier in the week, Jones had talked about buying approximately 60 tickets for family and friends to watch him play against his hometown team, the Atlanta Falcons, Saturday night.

Almost three months after the Titans made him the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft, Jones was arrested after an incident at a nightclub. The charges were later dismissed.

This is shocking.

Whenever he appeared at the draft wearing a shirt with himself on it, I thought for sure he was a high character, team first kind of guy.

On a side note, did anyone watch any Titans games last year? They were awesome because PacMan got blown up repeatedly. I have never seen any player OWNED as much in one season as PacMan last year.

He was drunk and he was cursing! Give him the chair!

Damn, it almost seems some of you guys like seeing these athletes get arrested.

You've never been outside a bar drunk and cursing?

I'm sure many of us have, but I'm not sure how many of us have as much to lose by acting that way as a pro athelte does. Nor does our behavior get reported on the local and or national news. If it did, I for one can say I'd be smart enough to watch my step. Too much to lose, and too much bad press. The guy is an idiot.

First of all, this isn't his first time...you would think the fool learned his lesson. Secondly, I wasn't paid millions of dollars to not act like an idiot when I was younger...big difference in the common person and a gifted athlete...hey, I didn't write the rules.

I'm sure many of us have, but I'm not sure how many of us have as much to lose by acting that way as a pro athelte does. Nor does our behavior get reported on the local and or national news. If it did, I for one can say I'd be smart enough to watch my step. Too much to lose, and too much bad press. The guy is an idiot.

Yes, he's an idiot. He's also 22.

actually I am drunk and cursing often throughout the year especially at tailgate parties but I am also not getting paid millions of dollars to be in top condition, learn my playbook and compete at a high level. In addition if I knew my occupation was in jeopardy due to my partying I would knew when to say when and tone it down

there IS a double standard but JFF is right-these guys are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and are well compensated for it.It's part of the job man-in my line of work a lot of guys (and myself included) have believed to be a drunken idiot is in the job description-an occupational hazard so to speak,when in fact the ones who stay around and become most successful for the most part are the sober ones-it's a lesson I'm learning slowly

there IS a double standard but JFF is right-these guys are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and are well compensated for it.It's part of the job man-in my line of work a lot of guys (and myself included) have believed to be a drunken idiot is in the job description-an occupational hazard so to speak,when in fact the ones who stay around and become most successful for the most part are the sober ones-it's a lesson I'm learning slowly

Hey SFJ, not too slowly, okay? We ain't that young any more...LOL

Rigth on AFJ. The opportunity afforded this guy is only bestowed on

a miniscule number of people in this country. Why someone would want

to blow it is very difficult to comprehend.

Drunk and cursing outside a bar is one thing, but drunk and cursing so much that you get arrest is a whole nother ballgame. It takes some serious cursing to get arrested.

Drunk and cursing outside a bar is one thing, but drunk and cursing so much that you get arrest is a whole nother ballgame. It takes some serious cursing to get arrested.

yea you really gotta be tryin real hard to be a diick-cops ain't that bad -for the most part

This is how it went I'm sure.

Officer drives by or responds to the report of a disorderly person outside the bar.

Officer arrives on scene to find drunken idiot screaming, yelling profanities, going after woman.

Officer sees that the subject is abolutely plastered and causing public alarm through his actions, asks him to move on.

Subject says '*&^&^% you", "don't u know who I am?" or "I ain't doing &^%$" because he's drunk as hell as filled with liquid courage.

Officers tells subject, move along or I'm taking u to jail. Subject says, 'f u man do what u gotta do"

Subject gets arrested, officer is back on road after 1/2 of paperwork.

F these people. Being drunk and young isn't carte blanche to act like a fricken idiot. Arrest em all.

Officer drives by or responds to the report of a disorderly person outside the bar.

Officer arrives on scene to find drunken idiot screaming, yelling profanities, going after woman.

Officer sees that the subject is abolutely plastered and causing public alarm through his actions, asks him to move on.

Subject says '*&^&^% you", "don't u know who I am?" or "I ain't doing &^%$" because he's drunk as hell as filled with liquid courage.

Officers tells subject, move along or I'm taking u to jail. Subject says, 'f u man do what u gotta do"

F these people. Being drunk and young isn't carte blanche to act like a fricken idiot. Arrest em all.

that's what I figure too Guns-like I said he was probably workin real hard at being an A-hole-I was gonna ask what you thought

Rigth on AFJ. The opportunity afforded this guy is only bestowed on

a miniscule number of people in this country. Why someone would want

to blow it is very difficult to comprehend.

especially when you are in a totally different situation and can't even comprehend the differences. it is hilarious to hear all these people talk about how he should act different because he is paid more. guess what, don't you people have jobs too? maybe you shouldn't be drinking either.

especially when you are in a totally different situation and can't even comprehend the differences. it is hilarious to hear all these people talk about how he should act different because he is paid more. guess what, don't you people have jobs too? maybe you shouldn't be drinking either.

if we had jobs do you think we'd be here all day?

Going after a woman that apparently stole his wallet.

Please. Also, I've seen you on this board absolutely plastered out of your mind.

According to the police report, officers saw Jones arguing loudly with a woman outside a nightclub where a rap concert had been held.

Jones, 22, was described by police as slurring his speech, having bloodshot eyes and smelling strongly of alcohol.

That's funny.

Archived