Leinart Looks Like The Real Deal

Phinsuck

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=260825003

Leinart looked sharp in the second preseason game. In the first game he didn't look so good but he impressed everyone with his ability to scramble and make plays outside of the pocket.

Not bad considering the guy has had less than two weeks to learn the playbook and practice. Looks like the Cards got a steal at 10.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See thats the thing Leinart or Williams or Bush show us something fantastic.Meanwhile Ferguson is in the trenches making key blocks.My question is key blocks for what????????????????????????????????????

We dont seem to have a qb who can make it happen or a running back who can break it open.I dont see any playmakers on the offense as we speak.The bestplay of the night was McCareins.

See thats the thing Leinart or Williams or Bush show us something fantastic.Meanwhile Ferguson is in the trenches making key blocks.My question is key blocks for what????????????????????????????????????

We dont seem to have a qb who can make it happen or a running back who can break it open.I dont see any playmakers on the offense as we speak.The bestplay of the night was McCareins.

You hit it right on the head.

We could have still improved our offensive line tremendously in last year's draft while still taking a real franchise Qb like Leinart in the first round (calling Kellen Clemens a franchise Qb is a joke).

Ferguson is good but he is not so much better than Winston Justice or Marcus Mcneill that we had no choice. As a matte of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if McNeill or Justice turn out to be as good or better than Ferguson. Mcneill is already slated to start at Lt for the Chargers.

But hey, we still have Brooks bollinger.

Why would you draft Leinart (19-32, 189 yards, 1 TD) when you could draft Cutler (22-34, 291 yards, 2 TD)? This means that Cutler will score at least twice as many TDs as Leinart will in their careers. Based on 1 preseason game, which means everything.

james my boy learn the game then speak to me and by the way address me as MR.

No but seriously. How do you function? Your head must whistle when you walk. Your knowledge of the game is suspect if you claim Leinart has a better arm than any of the 4 Jet QBs. And by the way you warrant no such address since you are probably 14

Who is this an assesment of? Answer below...

Weaknesses: Lacks great athleticism, quick footwork and agility. Will struggle against pressure when flushed to his right and away from his throwing arm. Lacks the necessary zip to stick passes in tight places, which could be a problem against NFL zone defenses. Shows a slow release, and NFL defensive backs should be able to get good breaks on his throws. Has some minor durability questions because of old injuries.

http://scfootball.blogspot.com/2005/01/matt-leinart-scouting-report.html

Clemens looks to me like he will be the real deal.

He just needs some experience and seasoning.

God i hope so,because the success of this last Jet draft is going to come down to how Clements compare to both Cutler and Leinart over their careers.Even if brick has a HOF career

God i hope so,because the success of this last Jet draft is going to come down to how Clements compare to both Cutler and Leinart over their careers.Even if brick has a HOF career

Cutler yes.

I am in agreement with with the CS to have passed on ML and VY for this team.

Cutler also looks like the real deal. And, unlike Leinart, he has a rocket launcher connected to his shoulder. And, he's herpes free.

I gotta admit that Leinhart and Cutler do look good so far. And i was never on their bandwagon. Cutler may have the stronger arm, but Leinhart seems to have alot of poise and savy about him. It'll be interesting to see which one gets the starting job first.

BTW, i'm also impressed with my boy, Vince Young. The Titans are gonna be winners under him in the future IMO.

Supposedly the Mangini-Tannenbaum tandum expect Clemens to be the guy that he blocks for in the future and as far as the running back, he has yet to be drafted. If we're bad enough, it could possibly be Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson. It's gonna be frustrating for the next couple years, but hey, we should be used to frustration by now.

I gotta admit that Leinhart and Cutler do look good so far. And i was never on their bandwagon. Cutler may have the stronger arm, but Leinhart seems to have alot of poise and savy about him. It'll be interesting to see which one gets the starting job first.

BTW, i'm also impressed with my boy, Vince Young. The Titans are gonna be winners under him in the future IMO.

Wouldn't it be funny it Leinart, young and Cutler all turn out to be nfl stars while Kellen Clemens ends up as a career back-up. Believe it or not, that is the most likely scenario. After all the bashing and fuss over IQ tests and Paris Hilton the big 3 end up becoming the HOF class of 2006.

Wouldn't it be funny it Leinart, young and Cutler all turn out to be nfl stars while Kellen Clemens ends up as a career back-up. Believe it or not, that is the most likely scenario. After all the bashing and fuss over IQ tests and Paris Hilton the big 3 end up becoming the HOF class of 2006.

And what if the opposite happens? Would that be funny too, or would that make you cry? It's more likely than your scenario, since most QBs fail anyway.

Wouldn't it be funny it Leinart, young and Cutler all turn out to be nfl stars while Kellen Clemens ends up as a career back-up. Believe it or not, that is the most likely scenario.

I don't believe it - history proves probably 2 of the 4 will be worthless busts

if all 4 are of value even with Clemens value as a backup that would be rare indeed

i haven't found a way to quantify it but a great portion of these first and second rounders end up

spraying the vegetables at the A&P

selling insurance

wearing the brown shorts delivering my ebay packages

bust

My opinion Vince Young has atrocious mechanics, isn't as fast as Vick and isn't very smart so he's a good shot to bust.

Leinart will have to avoid injury but if he can won't be a bust

Cutler is a gambler's pick because the assets are all there but the pedigree isn't... still my favorite out of the bunch

Clemens is an unknown - from what little i've seen he's got the intangibles to put points on the board... best throwing QB at indy could be a very underrated pick but also as the fan from MIA says could end up with his ceiling as career backup.

Any of these guys could be a bust...

regardless whether the above predictions come true let me make one more prediction:

the truly unlikely outcome is that none of em bust.

I don't believe it - history proves probably 2 of the 4 will be worthless busts

if all 4 are of value even with Clemens value as a backup that would be rare indeed

i haven't found a way to quantify it but a great portion of these first and second rounders end up

spraying the vegetables at the A&P

selling insurance

wearing the brown shorts delivering my ebay packages

bust

My opinion Vince Young has atrocious mechanics, isn't as fast as Vick and isn't very smart so he's a good shot to bust.

Leinart will have to avoid injury but if he can won't be a bust

Cutler is a gambler's pick because the assets are all there but the pedigree isn't... still my favorite out of the bunch

Clemens is an unknown - from what little i've seen he's got the intangibles to put points on the board... best throwing QB at indy could be a very underrated pick but also as the fan from MIA says could end up with his ceiling as career backup.

Any of these guys could be a bust...

regardless whether the above predictions come true let me make one more prediction:

the truly unlikely outcome is that none of em bust.

You can find any way to rationalize and explain the moves Tanenbaum and Mangini made but it won't change the fact that it was a mistake to pass up Matt Leinart at 4.

The Jets could still have upgraded the line at 29 and 35. D'Brickashaw Ferguson will be spending his career blocking for a bunch of scrubs.

You can find any way to rationalize and explain the moves Tanenbaum and Mangini made but it won't change the fact that it was a mistake to pass up Matt Leinart at 4.

The Jets could still have upgraded the line at 29 and 35. D'Brickashaw Ferguson will be spending his career blocking for a bunch of scrubs.

How do you figure that? If this team is as atrocious as you claim it is, wouldn't it make sense that we get a top five pick next year too? What scrub do you propose the Jets draft there? :rolleyes:

That may be the dumbest statement I've ever read here, a statement that makes a GlennFoley post look like a 10,000 word YJF essay.

Because we passed up on a noodle-armed QB that has already had one surgery on his throwing shoulder, it therefore means that the man we picked instead of him WILL NEVER EVER HAVE ANY TALENT SURROUNDING HIM! Man, I'd love to see how you arrived at that logic. I mean, I really, really would. I've been out of weed for about two weeks.

Why would you draft Leinart (19-32, 189 yards, 1 TD) when you could draft Cutler (22-34, 291 yards, 2 TD)? This means that Cutler will score at least twice as many TDs as Leinart will in their careers. Based on 1 preseason game, which means everything.

Either Leinart or Cutler would have been fine. Just please no more posts about how Kellen Clemens is better than either of them or both. It's really starting to sound silly.

As long as he drafted Ferguson at 4, Mike Tanenbaum could have drafted Mickey Mouse in the second round and you would find a way to argue he's a better QB than Leinart.

Either Leinart or Cutler would have been fine. Just please no more posts about how Kellen Clemens is better than either of them or both. It's really starting to sound silly.

As long as he drafted Ferguson at 4, Mike Tanenbaum could have drafted Mickey Mouse in the second round and you would find a way to argue he's a better QB than Leinart.

No, what's starting to sound silly is you proclaiming Leinart is a god among all QB's and Clemens sucking when, and pay attention because you'll probably skim through it, NEITHER HAS PLAYED ONE MEANINGFUL DOWN IN THE NFL.

Putting stock in what a player does in the preseason has got to be the most retarded argument I've ever heard. If Leinart becomes a star and Clemens sucks in three years, then you can talk. Your argument is just foolish after preseason.

It is silly to rate any qb at this time. THe only QB I have ever seen that was a sure fire hof type comming out of college was Elway. Could Young, Lienart, and cutler turn out to be great qbs, sure but so could the guy who tampa bay picked up much later. There are too many Leafs and couchs that were drafted in the first round and set thier team back years. If you had other pieces in place, sure take a flyer but when you OL is a shambles, you don't have a RB and your WR are all poseccion types, it is just plain silly to to take a flyer on someone may turn out to be great and end up in an archi manning dan fouts situation. Hell would you want to spend a top 4 pick on payton manning or Rivers right now and they were supposed to be every bit as good as the top 3 this year. It is also stupid to even rate theses kids for 3 - 5 years. # 1 defenses in real games are much different than preseason. When the line is a rock in 2 years and we will all be happy with the draft, whether the qb is till chad, or Clemens, or someone we draft next year. By then we will have added qulity weapons that the qb will be able to use.

Archived