Leinart Looks Like The Real Deal

Phinsuck

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was reported that the Jets tried to move up, but the Cards were having none of that cause they wanted Lienart. I would rather liked to trade up and got Jay Cutler. Who knows, though. I hope Clemens will be good. I just fear it's going to be marino/obrien thing all over again.

Remind me again on how many rings Marino got? Same as O'Brien I think. Listen, if they truely wanted Mr. Hollywood, they would have picked him with their first pick instead of jockying to move up with their other first round pick.

Clemens will be fine...just wait and see.

Remind me again on how many rings Marino got? Same as O'Brien I think. Listen, if they truely wanted Mr. Hollywood, they would have picked him with their first pick instead of jockying to move up with their other first round pick.

I agree on Leinart, but I disagree on Marino.

Marino never got any help until it was too late. The fact he retired without a ring is more Shula's fault than it is Marino's. If the Dolphins had even tried to establish a serious running game, Marino would have won a ring. They also didn't build their over-rated defense until too late in his career.

I agree about the Lienart thing. They saw him fall and felt like they could steal him. I think Cutler will be a better QB because he is tuffer then Lienart. You don't get hit that many times and keep coming back for more. It's going to be the same old argument. What is Lienart had Cutlers team and vice versa. The jets picked players that are going to solidfy they line for many years to come. Clemens will be fine, he might not be a Cutler or Lienart but he will do a good job. The jets just need to surround him with some gamers. Which is what Mangini seems to be doing. So, lets recap. Had the jets done what I wanted I'd be the GM, loving life. Since I'm not I'm just some shumck with a computer and an opinion.

Matt Leinart fell to 10th in the draft so that vindicates the Jets for not taking him? That's great logic to use especially right after Ben Roethlisberger, another QB who fell on draft day in a similar fashion to Leinart, wins the Super Bowl.

Keep trying to convince yourselves you're right - it's amusing.

Wait. Convince me. He fell to 10th because he was the unanimous best player in the draft? The consensus best qb prospect in decades? Why did he fall to 10th?

Wait. Convince me. He fell to 10th because he was the unanimous best player in the draft? The consensus best qb prospect in decades? Why did he fall to 10th?

Because of stupidity dear Jets fans. But, I come to visit you on this board to thank you for passing on our Golden Boy. While viewing the NFL draft here in California, I was appalled by your NY Jets "fans" represented in the audience; never have I seen a more crass, vulgar group of thugs in my life. No class.

Matt is doing wonderfully in Arizona, his poise, intelligence and command of the game is impressive - after missing 17 days of training camp! Only time will tell, but he has impressed his coaches (he was calling audibles in TC and in his first NFL game), respect of his teammates and fans. Pete Carroll was once asked which QB would he prefer - Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart, he stated: "If I needed a QB to win a game, it would be Carson Palmer. If I wanted to win championships, it would be Matt". That my friends is what you "passed" on.

Fight On Trojans and Cardinals! Sorry Arkansas, you lost again!:yahoo:

Because of stupidity dear Jets fans. But, I come to visit you on this board to thank you for passing on our Golden Boy. While viewing the NFL draft here in California, I was appalled by your NY Jets "fans" represented in the audience; never have I seen a more crass, vulgar group of thugs in my life. No class.

Matt is doing wonderfully in Arizona, his poise, intelligence and command of the game is impressive - after missing 17 days of training camp! Only time will tell, but he has impressed his coaches (he was calling audibles in TC and in his first NFL game), respect of his teammates and fans. Pete Carroll was once asked which QB would he prefer - Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart, he stated: "If I needed a QB to win a game, it would be Carson Palmer. If I wanted to win championships, it would be Matt". That my friends is what you "passed" on.

Fight On Trojans and Cardinals! Sorry Arkansas, you lost again!:yahoo:

Just curious do you post on message boards for every team that passed on Matt? Will your volume of posting increase when Matt wins a game in the NFL?

The Jets had lots of QB injuries last season. If they didn't fix the line it would matter who they had back there. Also Chad has a huge cap #. They couldn't afford to miss on 2 QBs.

Besides don't blame us. Blame Norm Chow. He could have hooked Matt up instead he made everyone wonder!

Just curious do you post on message boards for every team that passed on Matt? Will your volume of posting increase when Matt wins a game in the NFL?

The Jets had lots of QB injuries last season. If they didn't fix the line it would matter who they had back there. Also Chad has a huge cap #. They couldn't afford to miss on 2 QBs.

Besides don't blame us. Blame Norm Chow. He could have hooked Matt up instead he made everyone wonder!

This is the first and last time I post on this or any other message board other than the Cardinals. You really do not read much do you? Norm Chow was widely quoted - ad nauseaum, that Matt was his top choice. This is unheard of by a coach regarding a draft pick. Mr. Chow appeared in "Matt Leinart - Under the Lights" where he stated that Matt's football IQ was at the top and his command of the game was at the highest level. The Titans owner lives in Texas and wanted nothing more than to parade Vince Young and stick it to Texas that he got the hometown hero, he overrode Norm Chow and Jeff Fisher.

One would think that you would research these prospective draft picks before making uninformed judgements. Matt will be successful in the NFL due to his high football intelligence and poise; on the field he looks exactly what he is - a winner. Our Golden Boy is exactly where he should be - and the Jets have exactly what they deserve.

One would think that you would research these prospective draft picks before making uninformed judgements. Matt will be successful in the NFL due to his high football intelligence and poise; on the field he looks exactly what he is - a winner. Our Golden Boy is exactly where he should be - and the Jets have exactly what they deserve.
Don't we already have somebody like that? I guess you could call him successful too, before he got hurt a few times. And now that I think about it, Leinart would have been perfect for Herm. I wonder who would throw the other under the bus first.

Don't we already have somebody like that? I guess you could call him successful too, before he got hurt a few times. And now that I think about it, Leinart would have been perfect for Herm. I wonder who would throw the other under the bus first.

Not even close, not at Matt's level. But, I suppose you must be content with what you have. I think you will do well to never draft ANY player out of USC, ever. We certainly hope so, lets keep our stars close to home.

Your East Coast bias is laughable - you passed on a franchise QB who was the most decorated player in college football history, from a pro style system who ended his career 37-2. Certainly the draft is a crap shoot, but come on, this should have been a NO BRAINER. But, thank God you did not draft him and his SC fans are a short 1 hour flight from AZ. :cool:

Not even close, not at Matt's level. But, I suppose you must be content with what you have. I think you will do well to never draft ANY player out of USC, ever. We certainly hope so, lets keep our stars close to home.

Your East Coast bias is laughable - you passed on a franchise QB who was the most decorated player in college football history, from a pro style system who ended his career 37-2. Certainly the draft is a crap shoot, but come on, this should have been a NO BRAINER. But, thank God you did not draft him and his SC fans are a short 1 hour flight from AZ. :cool:

Our last "superstar" from USC was Keyshawn Johnson. How did that work out? Leinfart was drafted 12 overall and held out. If the Jets had drafted him, at 4, he'd still be holding out. He's going to need all the money he can get to pay for all of his illigitimate children.

Why is Kurt Warner starting? Leinfart played in a "pro-system" he should be ready, right?

Our last "superstar" from USC was Keyshawn Johnson. How did that work out? Leinfart was drafted 12 overall and held out. If the Jets had drafted him, at 4, he'd still be holding out. He's going to need all the money he can get to pay for all of his illigitimate children.

Why is Kurt Warner starting? Leinfart played in a "pro-system" he should be ready, right?

You don't even have your facts right, what a neanderthal. Wrong on two counts, Matt was drafted 10th overall, and yes he is expecting his first child with his college sweetheart, this was a serious relationship. All the other BS is just that - BS, denied by Paris Hilton and Matt himself. I DARE you to dig up dirt on Matt while he was at USC, other than having women throwing themselves at his feet he has conducted himself very well.

Your pubescent rant does not take away from the fact that Jets Nation made a HUGE mistake. Act like men and own it. I frankly have grown weary of this visit and I shall return laughing my head off all the way back home.............just know this: Matt is given the luxury of sitting back and learning from an MVP QB but he CAN go in at any time to take over during this process - just let him get his year in on the bench, much like Carson Palmer.

By the way, during the "holdout", Edge, Fitz, Boldin, Wilson, Warner all his teammates basically, rallied behind him and were in daily communication with him - 100% support. Anyway, all this information is all over the internet and very easily accessable. I'll come back to visit in a year just to see how things are going! :Nuts:

This is the first and last time I post on this or any other message board other than the Cardinals. You really do not read much do you? Norm Chow was widely quoted - ad nauseaum, that Matt was his top choice. This is unheard of by a coach regarding a draft pick. Mr. Chow appeared in "Matt Leinart - Under the Lights" where he stated that Matt's football IQ was at the top and his command of the game was at the highest level. The Titans owner lives in Texas and wanted nothing more than to parade Vince Young and stick it to Texas that he got the hometown hero, he overrode Norm Chow and Jeff Fisher.

LOL yes because coaches always say exactly what they mean. There is no such thing as a smoke screen. If Norm Chow couldn't convince the Titans to take him I am not sure how the Jets could be blasted for taking him.

Besides the Jets like Clemens better. Both QBs get hurt too much but Clemens has a better arm. Let's see what Leinart can do in the pros befor you put him in the HOF.

What is really ludicris here is people having any opinion on rokkie qb's that have yet to win a game. 5 years from now Alex Smith could be the next Montana and all 4 of these guys packing groceries. You just cant tell in the NFL until they get under fire in game cunditions at home and on the road. Trust me none of these guys have seen the schemes and the coverages and the bltizs they will see in the NFL. THe margin of error gets paper thin and when 50k are screaming for your head it is not easy. If I had to pick one player who ws going to make it I would say Cutler, just becuase he does not have to start for a year or 2 and he has the best team/coach combination. Face it Dennis green sucks or he would still be at Minni. He is just another version of shotti, may be a bridesmaid but will never get over the top. Even with all the weapons there, green will hurt Lienhart. He will be hit, hit hard, and hit often. He does not have culpeppers frame to absorb the damage and he does not run well. THe best thing that happened is tht he is not starting yet, but id the cardinals get off to a bad start the fans will be calling and he will be thrown to the dogs. If that does ihappen it will be becuase th OL sucks and the defense is bad. Both things spell disaster for a rookie QB.

Well thats easy...

Mawae would have thrown them both under the bus at the same time.

So I repeat: That's nine NFL GMs that don't have brains? Leinart should be successful, but 4th pick in the draft should be more than that. I wish him well, but give me a break. You complain about bias and then request that the Jets never draft another USC player? Get over your sour grapes, 8 other teams passed on him, one of them even took a qb. Remember him? The guy that one the national title.

....just know this: Matt is given the luxury of sitting back and learning from an MVP QB but he CAN go in at any time to take over during this process - just let him get his year in on the bench, much like Carson Palmer.

And the Jets could afford to have millions of dollars of dead cap space sitting on the bench all season?

Seriously, I hope you don't have a penis, if you know what I mean. You sound like you have a serious crush on Matt Leinfart. Do us all a favor, don't come back. Take it to the Detroit Lions MB, if they have one.

So Dan Marino sucks now? I guess Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Marino b/c he won a ring.

So Dan Marino sucks now? I guess Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Marino b/c he won a ring.

Don't feel bad. At least Marino has all those records. Ken O'Brien is infinitely better than many QBs that "won a ring" and he is like a bad joke around here. Trent Dilfer is borderline as an NFL starter and won a SB because of circumstance. Pennington would have won with that team too.

You don't even have your facts right, what a neanderthal. Wrong on two counts, Matt was drafted 10th overall, and yes he is expecting his first child with his college sweetheart, this was a serious relationship. All the other BS is just that - BS, denied by Paris Hilton and Matt himself. I DARE you to dig up dirt on Matt while he was at USC, other than having women throwing themselves at his feet he has conducted himself very well.

Your pubescent rant does not take away from the fact that Jets Nation made a HUGE mistake. Act like men and own it. I frankly have grown weary of this visit and I shall return laughing my head off all the way back home.............just know this: Matt is given the luxury of sitting back and learning from an MVP QB but he CAN go in at any time to take over during this process - just let him get his year in on the bench, much like Carson Palmer.

By the way, during the "holdout", Edge, Fitz, Boldin, Wilson, Warner all his teammates basically, rallied behind him and were in daily communication with him - 100% support. Anyway, all this information is all over the internet and very easily accessable. I'll come back to visit in a year just to see how things are going! :Nuts:

Bro you are hilarious. You are single-handedly taking a dump on this entire website. I hope you keep posting.

Bro you are hilarious. You are single-handedly taking a dump on this entire website. I hope you keep posting.

Darling, you should have guessed that I am a woman; a football-loving, designer handbag-carrying woman. Please excuse me for being a bad girl, I could not resist the temptation to express a little glee at the stupidity of your organization passing up - not one, but TWO, yes two potential franchise quarterbacks! Amazing, simply amazing.

The Golden Boy belongs exactly where he is. The Cardinals were in great need of a face for their franchise, and certainly struck the mother lode with Matt. Just tune in on any sports channel and guess who is being interviewed? And not just to shine the spotlight on that handsome face, but *gasp* discuss the amazing progression of a young rookie QB. Big surprise? not to USC fans everywhere who have not missed one game that this kid has played in. As for your coaches and FO - off with their heads I say! Love ya, mean it. :Nuts:

P.S. Should have drafted Cutler for God's sake!

Darling, you should have guessed that I am a woman; a football-loving, designer handbag-carrying woman. Please excuse me for being a bad girl, I could not resist the temptation to express a little glee at the stupidity of your organization passing up - not one, but TWO, yes two potential franchise quarterbacks! Amazing, simply amazing.

The Golden Boy belongs exactly where he is. The Cardinals were in great need of a face for their franchise, and certainly struck the mother lode with Matt. Just tune in on any sports channel and guess who is being interviewed? And not just to shine the spotlight on that handsome face, but *gasp* discuss the amazing progression of a young rookie QB. Big surprise? not to USC fans everywhere who have not missed one game that this kid has played in. As for your coaches and FO - off with their heads I say! Love ya, mean it. :Nuts:

P.S. Should have drafted Cutler for God's sake!

Ahh...how is that pregnancy going? Have you and Matt picked out any names yet?

The Golden Boy belongs exactly where he is. The Cardinals were in great need of a face for their franchise, and certainly struck the mother lode with Matt. Just tune in on any sports channel and guess who is being interviewed? And not just to shine the spotlight on that handsome face, but *gasp* discuss the amazing progression of a young rookie QB. Big surprise? not to USC fans everywhere who have not missed one game that this kid has played in. As for your coaches and FO - off with their heads I say!

Damn it! We should have drafted Leinart! Who will they interview now?!?! What will they do if they have nobody to interview?!?!

And the Jets could afford to have millions of dollars of dead cap space sitting on the bench all season?

Seriously, I hope you don't have a penis, if you know what I mean. You sound like you have a serious crush on Matt Leinfart. Do us all a favor, don't come back. Take it to the Detroit Lions MB, if they have one.

And Pennington isn't going to end up sitting on the bench or on IR this season?

The Jets were going to have millions of dollars in dead cap space this season. At least we would have had a QB though.

And Pennington isn't going to end up sitting on the bench or on IR this season?

The Jets were going to have millions of dollars in dead cap space this season. At least we would have had a QB though.

I love how you write off Kellen Clemens without ever having seen him play. Did you ever even see him play in college? If he didn't get injured he would have been in the discussions involving Leinert, Young, and Cutler. You honestly are a pathetic joyless fan who seems to actively be rooting for someone to fail

I love how you write off Kellen Clemens without ever having seen him play. Did you ever even see him play in college? If he didn't get injured he would have been in the discussions involving Leinert, Young, and Cutler. You honestly are a pathetic joyless fan who seems to actively be rooting for someone to fail

Actually I did watch Clemens play at Oregon as well as his preseason games with the Jets and can honestly tell you I was not impressed at all. Not only were Leinart, Cutler and Young all head and shoulders better but I'd also say Broken Croyle and Omar Jacobs were both better than Clemens.

What the hell kind of name is Kellen by the way? Sounds like a female's name.

Actually I did watch Clemens play at Oregon as well as his preseason games with the Jets and can honestly tell you I was not impressed at all. Not only were Leinart, Cutler and Young all head and shoulders better but I'd also say Broken Croyle and Omar Jacobs were both better than Clemens.

Omar Jacobs is so much better that he is ON THE PRACTICE SQUAD OF THE DEFENDING SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS! Not the Texans practice squad. Not the Raiders practice squad. The STEELERS practice squad.

Omar Jacobs > Kellen Clemens

So besides just making fun of his and other players names in oh so clever ways do you actually have complaints about him? All I have seen from you is "OH HE SUCKS LEINART WILL BE THE BEST!! MANGINI IS RETARDED!" How about you actually be productive and explain why

Archived