Bolly till Clemens is ripe

NJ

Here it goes - I can take the heat. <cough> <cough>

We should start Bollinger until Clemens is ready. There - I said it.

I offer no definition on how to determine when Clemens is ready. Maybe give him 30% of the snaps every week until he gains stability - I don't know.

Brooks Bollinger gives the Jets the best opportunity to work into Shotty's offense and let our O line gain experience. He can scramble, he thinks on his feet (while running for his life) and can complete 20 yard passes. He has demonstrated inability to get the ball across in the Red Zone, but he has equally demonstrated ability to move the chains. With Chad Pennington behind center we will get:

• Our D on the field 75% of the game and all that goes with that
  • Few points scored
  • Mass frustration and weekly azz whoopings

Ok, I have to go throw up now.

I offer no definition on how to determine when Clemens is ready. Maybe give him 30% of the snaps every week until he gains stability - I don't know.

Brooks Bollinger gives the Jets the best opportunity to work into Shotty's offense and let our O line gain experience. He can scramble, he thinks on his feet (while running for his life) and can complete 20 yard passes. He has demonstrated inability to get the ball across in the Red Zone, but he has equally demonstrated ability to move the chains. With Chad Pennington behind center we will get:

• Few points scored

are u suggesting cutting ramsey or carrying 4 QBs????

by the way, your idea wont ever happen,,

no way Eric goes with Billy Barty as his starter

• Few points scored

Silly.

NJ, You know what, I agree. I was going to wait till Jetstone came on to

make him feel good.

If the OL is going to allow that much penetration and screw up the blitz

pick ups on a constant basis the only QB who will survive the hospital

is bolly. If the Giants were only going with a vanilla defense last night

imagine if they were in mid season form.

The jets will have to keep all 4 QBs for awhile until they get their act

together. Some won't survive.

NJ, You know what, I agree. I was going to wait till Jetstone came on to

make him feel good.

If the OL is going to allow that much penetration and screw up the blitz

pick ups on a constant basis the only QB who will survive the hospital

is bolly. If the Giants were only going with a vanilla defense last night

imagine if they were in mid season form.

The jets will have to keep all 4 QBs for awhile until they get their act

together. Some won't survive.

Ever since Jetstone came around with all of his insane stuff about Bollywood eventually winning the starting job, it was always in the back of my mind that "this is so crazy, it just might happen". And every time we were all ready to shovel the dirt on Bollinger, and show Jetstone the door... he keeps hanging around.

Wow. You could not have made this up.:bag:

Starting Bollinger to me is giving up on this season before it starts-no way

Frank - starting him with the intention of keeping him there is not anything I'd advocate. Putting him in there to run the offense until it develops along with whomever is going to take the rains is my reasoning. But my reasoning starts with Chad is not the answer and thats just my opinion. The trial by fire approach to gel this offense would be the last pick on my list and I don't have any reason to believe we're going to see anything a lot different from last night or Tampa Bay with CP taking snaps.

Heck if you want to start a QB who can scramble and barley throw just put a RB under centre and be done with it. If the only reason you want to start Bolly is as a sacrificial lamb so none of our good QB's get hurt then the jets should just go out there, take 3 knees, punt it, pin them back deep and let the defence work all night. I mean come on, we need to play football not put in a scrambler who can't throw it.

Frank - starting him with the intention of keeping him there is not anything I'd advocate. Putting him in there to run the offense until it develops along with whomever is going to take the rains is my reasoning. But my reasoning starts with Chad is not the answer and thats just my opinion. The trial by fire approach to gel this offense would be the last pick on my list and I don't have any reason to believe we're going to see anything a lot different from last night or Tampa Bay with CP taking snaps.

NJ I can understand the frustration with seeing this offense so far in the preseason so far.

I respect Chad and all he has gone through also in trying to come back but to me Bollinger is not the answer even short term

Ever since Jetstone came around with all of his insane stuff about Bollywood eventually winning the starting job, it was always in the back of my mind that "this is so crazy, it just might happen". And every time we were all ready to shovel the dirt on Bollinger, and show Jetstone the door... he keeps hanging around.

Wow. You could not have made this up.:bag:

Yes. Yes he could. Makes no sense. Start a bad qb because the team sucks anyway. If we are waiting for the offense to gel then we'll be starting Bolly all this season and possibly the next. Bollinger makes plays with his feet because he tucks the ball and takes off WAY too soon and before I watch him one hopping balls to receivers again I'm going to start watching soccer. Brad Smith was drafted in the 4th round because he wanted to be a qb and NOBODY wanted him as a qb. His desire to play qb dragged his value as a WR down to the 4th round. Imagine where he'd have gone as a straight qb.

Yes. Yes he could. Makes no sense. Start a bad qb because the team sucks anyway. If we are waiting for the offense to gel then we'll be starting Bolly all this season and possibly the next. Bollinger makes plays with his feet because he tucks the ball and takes off WAY too soon and before I watch him one hopping balls to receivers again I'm going to start watching soccer. Brad Smith was drafted in the 4th round because he wanted to be a qb and NOBODY wanted him as a qb. His desire to play qb dragged his value as a WR down to the 4th round. Imagine where he'd have gone as a straight qb.

The only point I was trying to make was that every year that Bollinger has been on the roster, Jets fans pile on the guy and say he'll be cut, but it never happens. This guy just keeps hanging on. Do I think he's a starter? No, but he's a servicable backup. But the facts are the facts, he's outplayed every other QB on the Jets roster thus far this TC.

Dispute reality if you wish.

The only point I was trying to make was that every year that Bollinger has been on the roster, Jets fans pile on the guy and say he'll be cut, but it never happens. This guy just keeps hanging on. Do I think he's a starter? No, but he's a servicable backup. But the facts are the facts, he's outplayed every other QB on the Jets roster thus far this TC.

I agree Bolly is a serviceable backup, but where do you get that he "outplayed" the other QBs in TC? I haven't been to camp, but there has not been one report that stated he outplayed Chad. Maybe Jetstone, but I don't think he was at camp either.

He hasnt outplayed anyone in tc. He's the least accurate thrower.

He looks for his first option, and takes off if its covered. He does not have the patience to sit in the pocket until the receiver makes his break on a mid to long pattern.

Basically, he makes up his own system by running around, he does not play within a system. He's really not a good option.

He looks for his first option, and takes off if its covered. He does not have the patience to sit in the pocket until the receiver makes his break on a mid to long pattern.

Basically, he makes up his own system by running around, he does not play within a system. He's really not a good option.

So we've narrowed it down to...

Who?

This is pathetic. We have four QB's and not one of them can start. Bolly has sustained drives and put points on the board. Take away Ramsey's handoff to whatshisname who handed it to Brad Smith, and he as zero points or any drives that ended in points. Same goes for Chad. Based on that alone, I'd have to say Bolly has outplayed everybody else. I don't know what Clemens has done so far. Refresh my memory.

Agree, 100000%.

COnsidering the amount of crap I've talked about Bolly, he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be.

In all honesty, I really think at this point he gives the Jets the best chance to win football games.

Since you and Barton are so convinced that Bolly and ramsey played so well last week, I already put ramsey's stats in the other thread. here is what Bolly did:

B BOLLINGE 10-16- 69

Yep, he kicked azz, too.

And he ran for 5 for 35, which is a plus yardage wise, but that just proves how putting him in virtually guarantees busted plays.

Now, none of the guys look ready for prime time, so we are talking the most viable option here.

Right now, Chad is it since no one stepped up to claim the job.

I'm hoping Clemens starts making more progress, and i think he will.

There is no doubt in my mind he has the most potential of the four at this point of their respective careers.

Since you and Barton are so convinced that Bolly and ramsey played so well last week, I already put ramsey's stats in the other thread. here is what Bolly did:

B BOLLINGE 10-16- 69

Yep, he kicked azz, too.

And he ran for 5 for 35, which is a plus yardage wise, but that just proves how putting him in virtually guarantees busted plays.

Now, none of the guys look ready for prime time, so we are talking the most viable option here.

Right now, Chad is it since no one stepped up to claim the job.

I'm hoping Clemens starts making more progress, and i think he will.

There is no doubt in my mind he has the most potential of the four at this point of their respective careers.

Look, Chad's the "most viable option". I agree with you. But Bolly has more production thus far in pre-season, and that's just a fact. Bolly has outproduced every QB on the roster. I'm just pointing it out.

Ramsey is a huge dissapointment. I wanted him to come in and earn the job, but he has no heart.

You think Ramsey is a huge disappointment.

Barton thinks he has been the most productive.

You think Bolly has been the most productive.

He had a good drive vs Washington.

Maybe the coaches will agree with you, but it doesnt look that way. I dont think they have confidence in Bolly either, after seeing him play every day.

You think Ramsey is a huge disappointment.

Barton thinks he has been the most productive.

You think Bolly has been the most productive.

He had a good drive vs Washington.

Maybe the coaches will agree with you, but it doesnt look that way. I dont think they have confidence in Bolly either, after seeing him play every day.

Bolly earned a roster spot. Agreed?

Makes up his own sytem? That's stupid. He's outplayed a whole bunch of QBs in camp the last 4 years including Vinnie the Elder. He's a coaches kid who was born in a "system" and has done nothing to be ashamed of as a Jet QB. He creates a little excitement when he's playing and has done his best to give the team a chance to win in each and every game. He's all team with very little anger or ego even when a little anger and ego would be good for his game. I now think he has a good shot at #2 and a longshot chance at starting. Call me crazy but like Jetstone I think Bollinger is the best choice at this point. Hell I thought he would have won the Pitts. game instead of a 60% Pennington. As far as pocket patience goes, the "pocket" can't collapse at a 2 count as it did last year. Brooks needs a good to great RB, which the Jets didn't have last year, to keep defenses off balance. How many sacks did he take last season? 30? 35? I always liked small tough guys who kept their mouths shut, took your best shot and came back for more. Hail Jetstone, Voo-Doo Guru and one-eyed King in the land of the blind.

So whats your master plan? Go 3 and out most of the game with Chad so we can make sure the defense has plenty of development time on the field?

I now think he has a good shot at #2 and a longshot chance at starting.

I sure hope not, unless the team is going to abandon all hope of running a normal offensive gameplan. He just never steps up into the pocket. Once he decides the first option is covered, he takes off. He does this in practice, too, which is a real head scratcher. That's not really managing a game for an NFL QB. It's streetball, and not playing within the system.

I have no problem with him making the team as a third stringer, though.

I've said this before, and I will say it again. We have a decent QB that can make things happen with his feet. They stuck him at WR. Put Brad Smith under the center and lets see what else this kid can do. What could it hurt??? Thoughts???:character42:

having smith on roster GUARANTEES we wont carry 4 QBs...

ramsey or bolly are toast,,

2 reasons why:

a_edwards_195.jpgbradway.jpg

Turn off the Cartoon Network, step away from the Cocoa Pebbles, and get yourself a damn beer. But seriously, the only race is for backup and 3rd string. Gimme Chad, Clemens and Bolly in that order. Then eat the cap hit on the increased salary we just gave Ramsey.

Archived