Hypothetical question/Senario

Tinstar2

1 _ Herm ain't the HC

2 _ Mangini's camp would have taken care of the soposed fat guys

3 _ We just traded for Kevin Barlow who called his former HC Hitler

For 1 yr,Mangini could have dealt with Kevin Mawae.They'er far worst players in the league with far less talent.

yea I KNOW it's not about Edwards that's why I wrote what I did in parentheses-as far as Barlow who cares man? The guy was ragged out from not sleepin for 2 days and felt he was lied to-and he apologized-non issue.

As far as Mawae-we don't know what goes on in camp-what's said or who is perceived to be a health risk to the team or a big mouth cry baby-we don't know...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea I KNOW it's not about Edwards that's why I wrote what I did in parentheses-as far as Barlow who cares man? The guy was ragged out from not sleepin for 2 days and felt he was lied to-and he apologized-non issue.

As far as Mawae-we don't know what goes on in camp-what's said or who is perceived to be a health risk to the team or a big mouth cry baby-we don't know...

Do you really believe Kevin Barlow will be a non Issue to the NY Jewish community after what he said.

Do you really believe Kevin Barlow will be a non Issue to the NY Jewish community after what he said.

yes I do-non-issue-they have bigger things to be thinking about (like a war) than to be concerned about what some dumb 25 year old jock has to say-it's not like he was pulling a Mel Gibson and throwing racial slurs at them

Tin my man, you know I love your theories, makes for interesting threads.

Without rehashing what has already been said, I just want to say

that if the Jets had taken Cutler at 4, it is conceivable that the entire

draft from that point on takes an entirely different look and you can't

say with any certainty what would have happened and who the Jets

would ultimately have selected including Chad jackson.

As long as he keeps his nose clean from here on out, it will be a non-issue.

If he creates a legacy of problems here, this will be constantly brought up.

As long as he keeps his nose clean from here on out, it will be a non-issue.

If he creates a legacy of problems here, this will be constantly brought up.

Its a non issue now. Its only brought up in the press as just part

of what he said about Nolan.

In fact this is the first time I have heard anybody mention it outside of

that context.

I agree its a non-issue now, and should remain so as long as he doesnt go off again.

It reminds me of Mad Mel Gibson. Everyone knew about his father, and there was some noise about The Passion, but it was forgotten until he gave people a reason to bring it up again.

Its a non issue now. Its only brought up in the press as just part

of what he said about Nolan.

In fact this is the first time I have heard anybody mention it outside of

that context.

Last week on SNY Daily News Live,the host who's Jewish made an issue of it.He went so far as to compare what T.O. has done thus far to 3 teams as being self inflicted wounds,while what Barlow did was hurtfull to a communityand reached outside of sports.

You guys maybe right,but somehow i don't think people will soon forget what Barlow said.Even today the name Hitler stirs strong emotions within the Jewish community.

As far as the Jets taking Cutler affecting the draft,the only way it would is with GB taking Ferguson instead of Hawk.Chad Jackson and Maroney would have still be around when they were chosen.

Last week on SNY Daily News Live,the host who's Jewish made an issue of it.He went so far as to compare what T.O. has done thus far to 3 teams as being self inflicted wounds,while what Barlow did was hurtfull to a communityand reached outside of sports.

You guys maybe right,but somehow i don't think people will soon forget what Barlow said.Even today the name Hitler stirs strong emotions within the Jewish community.

you're grasping at straws with this one my old friend

Don't you think it's a little premature to project the Jets 2007 backfield and include 2 guys that aren't even in the league yet? How about we pick the best available and fix out problems through free agency when the time comes? That'd be my plan. I'd be targeting free agents NOW to fill our glaring holes (RB/NT, etc) next year.

Don't you think it's a little premature to project the Jets 2007 backfield and include 2 guys that aren't even in the league yet? How about we pick the best available and fix out problems through free agency when the time comes? That'd be my plan. I'd be targeting free agents NOW to fill our glaring holes (RB/NT, etc) next year.

Jets need a feature RB,and those kind of guys don't come available when they're young.We need a Adrian Peterson,Marshawn Lynch type RB.The kid from Louisville has to run under 4.5 to be a consideration.

Right.

That's why if Brady Quinn has a season like he did last yr,and we have a top 2 pick he's going to be wearing Jet green instead of having Jay Cutler and Adrian Peterson in our backfield with Chad Jackson as our developing Wideout.

Jet Fans believe this team is devoid of playmakers on Offense.Without question,this team had the opportunity to begin the 2007 season with an offense comprised of

Jay Cutler _ QB

Adrian Peterson _ RB

Chad Jackson _WR

That's ok thou,Brick will keep the defense off Chad so he can throw his 5 yard outs and take his occasional shots down field,and Barlow will fend off the NY Jews after making that comment about Hitler.

The next time someone tells me the Jets are rebuilding,i think i will puke.

if playmakers are so important, who is the Patriot's playmaker?

Jets need a feature RB,and those kind of guys don't come available when they're young.We need a Adrian Peterson,Marshawn Lynch type RB.The kid from Louisville has to run under 4.5 to be a consideration.

Maybe. We gave up a lot to get Martin. He may have been an overpaid "stat-monkey" but I don't think anybody would say wasn't a feature back. You don't need a HOF back to win, just a good back. You can get a FA like Lamont. For instance Turner in SD, not sure when is a FA soon, but half the board watched a highlight reel and decided he was the next Earl Campbell. Teams can't pay two backs big money, so they will become available. If you scout them well you can get a decent back in the first day of the draft or FA class.

Maybe. We gave up a lot to get Martin. He may have been an overpaid "stat-monkey" but I don't think anybody would say wasn't a feature back. You don't need a HOF back to win, just a good back. You can get a FA like Lamont. For instance Turner in SD, not sure when is a FA soon, but half the board watched a highlight reel and decided he was the next Earl Campbell. Teams can't pay two backs big money, so they will become available. If you scout them well you can get a decent back in the first day of the draft or FA class.

The problem with that is you have to pay them the kind of money LaMont got usually for the type of Production he gave.

Curtis Martin is the 3rd or 4th alltime leading rusher in NFL history.He's a hell of a blocker.He hardly ever fumbles.He's a franchise RB even if some folks don't realize it.

How has Chad and Clemens looked.

What you people fail to consider is the cap ramifications.You use big money on QBs,RBs,OLT,CBs,34 defense OLBers who can play equally well in the 43 defense or 43 defensive ends who can play equally well in a 34 scheme.

We have right now only 1 of these players,and it's Brick,and that's only if he develops as expected.

If Clemens develops,then we don't have to take Brady Quinn and Instead we can look at Peterson.

Which is the Better OL

Adrian Jones/

Brandon Moore

Kevin Mawae/Missant/Katnik

Pete Kendall

Anthony Clements

Or

Brick ferguson

Brandon Moore

Nick Mangold/Trey Teague

Pete Kendall

Anthony Clements/

the last line is better for the next 10 years,,

Dude you know that Porsche you keep preaching that Herm inherited from your uncle Bill.It needed a QB then,and it needs 1 now.In 1999,Parcells proved just how badly that team he built needed a reliable QB.He was the GM,and since then,the Jets team has still needed a reliable QB.Chad did what he could,but he just couldn't stay healthy,and even with all that,the Jets came within 1 sunday of advancing to the AFC Championship game twice.

Both times under that moronic HC you dislike so much.

90% of this board thinks Herm was a horrible HC.Of that 90 percent,60 percent think Curtis Martin is nothing more than a stat monkey.Of that 60%,50% believe Chad Pennington is an unfit NFL QB.Remember that 90%,they all believe the team Herman Edwards inherited was a SB caliber team.

Talk about jacking yourself off.

Talk about needing to pull a stick out of your *ss.

Let me see if I have this straight-

According to you, Pennington sucked, and Herm just made the best out of a bad situation. Right?

OK, well riddle me this-

If Chad sucked so bad, how come Herm couldn't wait to hurry the guy onto the field? He rushed him back from an injury in 2003, rushed him back in 2004 (thus delaying his surgery, thus scuttling the entire 2005 season), and put the guy back on the field in the 3rd game of the 2005 season, when the guy re-injured the same shoulder?

I thought Rajensen was bad, but your Hermaphroditism is bordering on the criminally insane.

since when did the Broncos front office get a lobotomy?

why the f**k would the Broncs trade him after he has looked so good?

offer them a 1st and a 3rd and they would still say no at this point,,they cant stand plummer, his days are numbered

How about a 5th for Jake the Snake?

the last line is better for the next 10 years,,

Just how long do you figure Pete Kendall is going to play.Brandon Moore has this season to prove he's worthy of sticking as a starter.Anthony Clements is a journeyman.This line will be as unstable heading into 2007 as it is heading into 2006.Atleast if you kept Mawae for his final season,you may have had the opportunity to establish a winning tradition.who knows,maybe just maybe the Jets will surprise everyone except Mangini.

Talk about needing to pull a stick out of your *ss.

Let me see if I have this straight-

According to you, Pennington sucked, and Herm just made the best out of a bad situation. Right?

OK, well riddle me this-

If Chad sucked so bad, how come Herm couldn't wait to hurry the guy onto the field? He rushed him back from an injury in 2003, rushed him back in 2004 (thus delaying his surgery, thus scuttling the entire 2005 season), and put the guy back on the field in the 3rd game of the 2005 season, when the guy re-injured the same shoulder?

I thought Rajensen was bad, but your Hermaphroditism is bordering on the criminally insane.

Listen let's leave Herm out of this if we can.The Jets recoord with Chad Pennington as the starting QB is that of a winner,is it not.Don't you think that had this stayed healthy,the Jets could have been a better team over his time as the starter.I never stated Chad sucked,that was your interpretation.What i said was he couldn't stay healthy and him being always hurt and what the team accomplished when he actually played proved how important that team needed a relaible QB.

Let me ask you this simple Question.Is it possible in your universe to have liked herman Edwards as a HC,and still hope that Eric mangini does well .

OH,and that great chief is not Sitting Bull.

Just how long do you figure Pete Kendall is going to play.Brandon Moore has this season to prove he's worthy of sticking as a starter.Anthony Clements is a journeyman.This line will be as unstable heading into 2007 as it is heading into 2006.Atleast if you kept Mawae for his final season,you may have had the opportunity to establish a winning tradition.who knows,maybe just maybe the Jets will surprise everyone except Mangini.

Winning tradition? By keeping Mawae? Makes about as much sense as starting Bollinger.

Winning tradition? By keeping Mawae? Makes about as much sense as starting Bollinger.

Maybe,but with Mawae calling the blocking schemes and manning the middle of our OL,Mangini stood a better chance this season than he does with Mangold.

Maybe,but with Mawae calling the blocking schemes and manning the middle of our OL,Mangini stood a better chance this season than he does with Mangold.

Chance at what? He had no "chance." It's a matter of developing the team. How many games do you think Mawae would be worth over Mangold? Also, it seems he might have been afraid he'd lose the team if he tried to put a mouthy union rep like Mawae through that camp. If you're so worried about the rookie calling plays, remember Trey Teague was probably going to start the season at center. Just a fluke he got hurt, certainly could have happened to Mawae, he wasn't immune to injury here.

Chance at what? He no "chance." It's a matter of developing the team. How many games do you think Mawae would be worth over Mangold? Also, it seems he might have been afraid he'd lose the team if he tried to put a mouthy union rep like Mawae through that camp. If you're so worried about the rookie calling plays, remember Trey Teague was probably going to start the season at center. Just a fluke he got hurt, certainly could have happened to Mawae, he wasn't immune to injury here.

Don't you think a probowl OC would give you a better chance at stabilizing your ol than a 1st yr Rookie.

Don't you think a probowl OC would give you a better chance at stabilizing your ol than a 1st yr Rookie.

If Mawae didn't poison the team he would be fine. OTOH, he's two years older than Kendall who you are worried about replacing soon and is coming off an injury plagued season. I'd rather have the line work together and gel then plug in the RB/QB. I'm not as worried about getting a "premium" player as you, just about overspending on the non-"premium" guys.

Yes, but then next year with Cutler you have a new OC with Mawae gone and Kendall will most likely be gone....Oh and Adrian Jones will most likely have someone killed this year....before the draft I was defending Jones and wanted Cutler drafted over D'Brick...Kind of still do, but having seen Jones play, I can tell you he is NOT the answer at LT....I am not sold on Chad Jackson for the Patriots...He will be a good but not great WR

We can argue about this for years...some believe you build from the inside out, while others believe you can get all OL later in the draft and go for skill position. I happen to think both ways can work, but both require the chemistry of the whole team and some luck

We can argue about this for years...some believe you build from the inside out, while others believe you can get all OL later in the draft and go for skill position. I happen to think both ways can work, but both require the chemistry of the whole team and some luck

Yep. I think both ways can work. It takes luck and skill scouting the talent of the JMac and Lamont FAs. Have to decide which guys coming off their rookie contracts are worth paying. Hopefully at some point you'll have problems like the Pats where you can't pay everybody and have to make tough decisions and risk losing guys like Branch.

duhhhhhhhhhhhh,

i meant the foundation of brick and mangold,,

get over it or move to KC

Archived