Ok, it's that time of year again.

StillerPaul

Time for my annual bold predictions thread.

This may shock some of ya's but i will not boldly predict that my beloved Steelers repeat as champions. lol

IMO, the AFC is extremely top heavy and each of about 7 or 8 teams could make a strong case for becoming this years champions. I gotta admit that it's quite refreshing to see so many great teams in the AFC again too!

Here are my bold predictions for my Steelers this year though, and i expect more of you Jets and Pats fans to chime in with yours for your teams too!

1: Big Ben will pass for over 3,000 yards AND over 30 TD passes. All indications are that Whiz is turning the O over to him, including the ability to run the no-huddle at times as well.

2: Willie Parker will amass over 1500 yards rushing with at least another 400 in receptions. He will also put up in the area of 10 all-purpose TD's.

3: Troy Polamalu will be this year's defensive MVP. He's damn good, even with the pre-season rust. Case in point, he misses a tackle on the Eagles RB friday night, only to do a 180, chase him down and still make the tackle within ten yards before any other Steeler could get to the guy. His pass defense will be MUCH improved this year.

4: The Steelers will win the AFC North outright. Each team in the division has bettered themselves for sure. This is probably my boldest pick.

5: Willie Ried will make more headlines than our first round pick, Santonio Holmes. I got a good feeling about this kid. He'll more than make up for the loss of Randle El.

6: We will not miss Chris Hope one bit. By week 4, ball-hawking Anthony Smith will be starting next to Troy in our secondary. It'll take him some time to get the defense and signals he'll be calling mastered. Othewise, he's ready to start now.

7: OK, this is kind of a back track on my part. We WILL miss Jerome Bettis' leadership and short yardage role some. Duce Staley does not look good at all so far. I'm thinking that the short yardage offense will revolve around Ben being able to hit someone with short passes to move the sticks. Yeah, say bye bye to smashmouth football as we know it (gulp).

8: My Steelers will start the season out kinda slow. All indications are that some element of complacency has snuck it's way into our locker room. When you see Alan Faneca get blown right by then Ben get hammered, you know something isn't right. Thats just one example too!

Ok, there are some of my predictions for the upcoming season, lets hear yours for your respective teams!

Thank god the season is almost finally here huh??? :yahoo:

1. The Pittsburgh Steelers will NOT repeat as Super Bowl Champions

2. Chad Pennington will remain healthy for at least 10 games

3. The combination of Derrick Blaylock / Kevan Barlow will run for more then 1,200 yards (Martin last year 700 something, Houston had around 400)

4. The Miami Dolphins will NOT make the playoffs like everyone says they will

5. The Patriots will suffer the exact same playoff season as they did in 05. Be a 3 or 4 seed, win there 1st home playoff game then lose the following week at either Indianapolis, Denver or Cincinnati.

OK, I'll play.

1). Brady will throw for another 4,000 yards.

2). Dillion and Maroney will combine for 1,500 yards.

3). Seymour makes his 5th straight Pro Bowl.

4). Ben Watson will be the talk of the entire NFL earning All Pro status.

5). Pats get one of the two 1st round byes.

6). Pats go no worse than 5-1 in the AFCE.

7). Steelers will go no better than 3-3 in the AFCN.

8). Jets win between 6-8 games.

9). PennyBoy won't make it through week 4.

10). AFC Championship game will be played in Foxboro.

And where exactly are your bold predictions? I'll gladly eat crow if i'm wrong on mine. :box:

i dont have bold predictions...we're just flat out not gonna be good this year..

BIG BEN will be lucky to get 18 TD's....

Oh yea, i forgot one.

124 will be wearing the sig of MY choice due to Big Ben having a better season than Carson. lol

Garb, thats why i call them bold predictions. Apparently you are too chicken to have some of those. ;)

Cannot wait to see Carson tomorrow night my brotha...even if its for only a series or two you know he's going to hit 85 deep.

Cannot wait to see Carson tomorrow night my brotha...even if its for only a series or two you know he's going to hit 85 deep.

Should be a good first half. I may score tix to the Steelers/Bengals game in cincy this year again. Gotta see if my buddy can pull through. How's things been your way buddy? Ya excited about the season yet?

Should be a good first half. I may score tix to the Steelers/Bengals game in cincy this year again. Gotta see if my buddy can pull through. How's things been your way buddy? Ya excited about the season yet?

Pretty good man. Yeah I'm as excited as anyone can be for a rebuilding season where you know the team isn't getting more then 6 or 7 wins. Next year is the year I'm excited for if we don't screw everything up in the off-season and make smart moves.

OK, I'll play.

1). Brady will throw for another 4,000 yards.

2). Dillion and Maroney will combine for 1,500 yards.

3). Seymour makes his 5th straight Pro Bowl.

4). Ben Watson will be the talk of the entire NFL earning All Pro status.

5). Pats get one of the two 1st round byes.

6). Pats go no worse than 5-1 in the AFCE.

7). Steelers will go no better than 3-3 in the AFCN.

8). Jets win between 6-8 games.

9). PennyBoy won't make it through week 4.

10). AFC Championship game will be played in Foxboro.

Oh yeah, it's on now. Finally, my chance to get TX. LOL

1. By attempting to trade his best WR, the team appears to be hell bent on making him upset. Thats an iffy prediction. Boldness point.

2. Thats not so bold a prediction asking 750 yards apiece from a RB duo. Been done many many times.

3. Dudes made 4 straight pro-bowls? So it's really bold to predict a 5th straight pro-bowl?

4. Ok i'll bite. Who is Ben Watson and will he put up Deion Branch numbers then? Iffy.

5. OK this is a bold prediction. Considering the defensive losses and personel changes, this team is not close to the 3 time SB champ team in many peoples eyes. Full credit for the bold prediction though TX. Nice job.

6. Most consider the AFCE weak, so 5-1 is possible. No boldness points here.

7. Not a prediction for your own team. Strike!

8. Strike 2!

9. Strike 3, yer out!

10. I'll award one boldness point here as well.

So i give ya a score of 3 out of 10 on my boldness meter.

Note to Max: TX must improve on his bold predictions if he is to ever pass this message board course. :Nuts:

Jets will win aboout 8 games

Jets defense will be top 15 in the league

Jets offense will be top 20 in the league

Chad Pennington will get consideration for comeback player of the yr

Jet moses will go the entire season fixated on Herman Edwards and the Chiefs

Savage will have nothing to complain about with Curtis Martin not playing

TX will be commited to an Insane asylum after Chad wins comeback player of the yr.

Time for my annual bold predictions thread.

This may shock some of ya's but i will not boldly predict that my beloved Steelers repeat as champions. lol

IMO, the AFC is extremely top heavy and each of about 7 or 8 teams could make a strong case for becoming this years champions. I gotta admit that it's quite refreshing to see so many great teams in the AFC again too!

Here are my bold predictions for my Steelers this year though, and i expect more of you Jets and Pats fans to chime in with yours for your teams too!

1: Big Ben will pass for over 3,000 yards AND over 30 TD passes. All indications are that Whiz is turning the O over to him, including the ability to run the no-huddle at times as well.

2: Willie Parker will amass over 1500 yards rushing with at least another 400 in receptions. He will also put up in the area of 10 all-purpose TD's.

3: Troy Polamalu will be this year's defensive MVP. He's damn good, even with the pre-season rust. Case in point, he misses a tackle on the Eagles RB friday night, only to do a 180, chase him down and still make the tackle within ten yards before any other Steeler could get to the guy. His pass defense will be MUCH improved this year.

4: The Steelers will win the AFC North outright. Each team in the division has bettered themselves for sure. This is probably my boldest pick.

5: Willie Ried will make more headlines than our first round pick, Santonio Holmes. I got a good feeling about this kid. He'll more than make up for the loss of Randle El.

6: We will not miss Chris Hope one bit. By week 4, ball-hawking Anthony Smith will be starting next to Troy in our secondary. It'll take him some time to get the defense and signals he'll be calling mastered. Othewise, he's ready to start now.

7: OK, this is kind of a back track on my part. We WILL miss Jerome Bettis' leadership and short yardage role some. Duce Staley does not look good at all so far. I'm thinking that the short yardage offense will revolve around Ben being able to hit someone with short passes to move the sticks. Yeah, say bye bye to smashmouth football as we know it (gulp).

8: My Steelers will start the season out kinda slow. All indications are that some element of complacency has snuck it's way into our locker room. When you see Alan Faneca get blown right by then Ben get hammered, you know something isn't right. Thats just one example too!

Ok, there are some of my predictions for the upcoming season, lets hear yours for your respective teams!

Thank god the season is almost finally here huh??? :yahoo:

And I thought I was a homer.;)

Archived