College football season starts Thursday Aug 31

faba

I love to watch college and the pro's

This is the best time of year for me

What teams do you like in college- name them

For me I am Notre Dame rooter and soft spot for Boston College, Rutgers, Wagner and Monmouth

Michigan Wolverines...although I may be a Western Michigan fan by this time next year.

Also cheer for Penn State, Florida, Virginia Tech & Rutgers.

Rutgers only because of NJ. Don't know why but like Faba and Mike we've obviously found it hard to stick with 1 college program...I guess because in me and faba's case...no real college football program in the NY / NJ area aside from Cuse & Rutgers and they really havn't done much on the collegiate level and we still have never really gotten a boat load of there games each season. It's always Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame & one of the Florida teams.

Here's my CFB forecast, but i claim no ability to make accurate predictions.

I give a lot of weight to whether the schedule is favorable.

12- Clemson- They have two tough road games at BC and FSU back to back in September. If they can survive that, they will play in the ACC CG.

11- Oklahoma- Although their starting QB has been kicked off the team, they still have Adrian Peterson, and should be in the top 10 for their meeting with Texas.

10- LSU They have a solid team, and are loaded at QB. They have a tough road schedule, having to play at Auburn, at Tenn, and at Florida. If they can knock off Auburn in Sept, they will go on a roll.

9-Louisville- they get Miami and WVU at home. Brian Brohm is a very good qb.

8- Miami Hurricanes- their season can be dismal if the trend continues. They still have plenty of speed, and a top defense. Will new offensive coaches provide the spark to make the lights go on?

7- Florida gaytors- Chris Leak at QB is primed for a big year. Suburban Myer has a track record that suggests his teams show major improvement in his second year.

6- USC- they lost some star power, but the program is solid enough to show everyone they can reload, and not have to rebuild.

5- West Virginia- not because they are so good, but because they have a cake schedule and play in a lightweight BCS conference, and someone has to win it.

4- Texas- they get osu at home, and a win there keeps them high in the rankings. They will have to play OU on the road later in the season.

3- ND- the media darlings, and I have a lot of respect for Weis. The defense is suspect, and the schedule has some built-in pitfalls, but they should have a very good season.

2-OSU- They are solid and well-coached. They have a big test in Austin in week two. They get Meechigan at home, but have a dangerous game at Iowa.

1- Auburn Tigers- Also a very solid and well-coached team playing in the toughest conference in CFB. They get LSU, Florida, and Georgia at home. If they can get thru the season with one loss and win the SEC CG, I think they get a berth in the Championship game, and win it all.

For me I am Notre Dame rooter and soft spot for Boston College, Rutgers, Wagner and Monmouth

Was that a post or a haiku?

GO BIG RED!!

Huskers.jpg

Your Cornsuskers got Arizona ST QB Kellar as a transfer Alk- nice addition

So I like to root for different teams local to my area and for other reasons but number one is Notre Dame

Yep, we lost our qb of the future because he was a punk. It will be good to have him here next year to start even though he'll be a senior. He should get a pretty good grasp of the playbook this season though.

Here's my CFB forecast, but i claim no ability to make accurate predictions.

I give a lot of weight to whether the schedule is favorable.

12- Clemson- They have two tough road games at BC and FSU back to back in September. If they can survive that, they will play in the ACC CG.

11- Oklahoma- Although their starting QB has been kicked off the team, they still have Adrian Peterson, and should be in the top 10 for their meeting with Texas.

10- LSU They have a solid team, and are loaded at QB. They have a tough road schedule, having to play at Auburn, at Tenn, and at Florida. If they can knock off Auburn in Sept, they will go on a roll.

9-Louisville- they get Miami and WVU at home. Brian Brohm is a very good qb.

8- Miami Hurricanes- their season can be dismal if the trend continues. They still have plenty of speed, and a top defense. Will new offensive coaches provide the spark to make the lights go on?

7- Florida gaytors- Chris Leak at QB is primed for a big year. Suburban Myer has a track record that suggests his teams show major improvement in his second year.

6- USC- they lost some star power, but the program is solid enough to show everyone they can reload, and not have to rebuild.

5- West Virginia- not because they are so good, but because they have a cake schedule and play in a lightweight BCS conference, and someone has to win it.

4- Texas- they get osu at home, and a win there keeps them high in the rankings. They will have to play OU on the road later in the season.

3- ND- the media darlings, and I have a lot of respect for Weis. The defense is suspect, and the schedule has some built-in pitfalls, but they should have a very good season.

2-OSU- They are solid and well-coached. They have a big test in Austin in week two. They get Meechigan at home, but have a dangerous game at Iowa.

1- Auburn Tigers- Also a very solid and well-coached team playing in the toughest conference in CFB. They get LSU, Florida, and Georgia at home. If they can get thru the season with one loss and win the SEC CG, I think they get a berth in the Championship game, and win it all.

JC -

No love for the Seminoles? What's up with that? :)

In college I generally root for Army and Villanova. Not the best programs, but ones that sort of mean something to me. So there you go.

Now, what's with the Monmouth soft spot? You from Long Branch or something?

EDIT: Oh, Holmdel, didn't see that. There doesn't seem to be much local-love for Monmouth around here. At least not that I've seen (then again, it has been 4 years since I've been in NJ while school was in session).

In college I generally root for Army and Villanova. Not the best programs, but ones that sort of mean something to me. So there you go.

Now, what's with the Monmouth soft spot? You from Long Branch or something?

UART

I live in Monmouth County so Monmouth is the "local small college team- I used to live in Staten Island so Wagner is my old stomping grounds college.

Miami is my fav team.

Kyle Wright is gonna light it up and have a HUGE season.

I can definetly see miami in the championship game.

Barton, I'll tell you that as far as sleepers and dark horses go, here is a scenario that is a possibility:

IF Miami gets by fsu and Louisville, they will go on a roll.

IF LSU can knock off Auburn and win either in Florida or Tenn., they will be in the SEC CG.

If things fall right for those two teams, I see a rematch of last year's Peach Bowl between Miami and LSU in this year's NC game.

Kyle Wright is OVER-RATED. "The U" will not win more then 9 games.

Miami Hurricanes 06 Schedule

09/04 #11 Florida St 8:00 PM --- L

09/09 Florida A&M 7:00 PM --- W

09/16 at #13 Louisville 3:30 PM --- L

09/30 Houston TBD --- W

10/07 UNC TBD --- W

10/14 Fla Int'l TBD --- W

10/21 at Duke TBD --- W

10/28 at Ga Tech TBD --- W

11/04 #17 Va Tech TBD --- L

11/11 at Maryland TBD --- W

11/18 at Virginia TBD --- W

11/23 BC 7:30 PM --- W

GaTech will be a tough game for them as well.

Clemson has a TON of talent this season.

James Davis, their sophmore RB is a stud. They also brought in a freshman back that turned down all the big time Florida schools to go to Clemson. Apparently he wanted himself and Davis to become the next Bush/Lendale duo.

You guys think football is serious where you are...you need to experience SC football

> >Clemson, South Carolina - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a

> County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who

> should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his

> parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with

> child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained

> to the degree possible.

> >

> > The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more

> than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge

> then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that

> they also beat him.

> >

> > After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that

> domestic viol ence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took

> the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have

> custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with

> child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the

> University of South Carolina football team, whom the boy firmly believes are

> not currently capable of beating anyone.

Why do you say he blows? In his first season starting he led the ACC in TD passes and had a QB rating of:

Kyle Wright Mia 137.2

And that was behind a crappy offensive line.

It sounds to me like you've been drinking the haterade and talking out of your azz again.

Why do you say he blows? In his first season starting he led the ACC in TD passes and had a QB rating of:

Kyle Wright Mia 137.2

And that was behind a crappy offensive line.

It sounds to me like you've been drinking the haterade and talking out of your azz again.

Show me a big comeback victory. Show me a victory vs a big program where he actually did something.

Weatherford is aight. We'll see how he does against the Miami defense. Being the first game, I expect both teams' defenses to outplay the offenses.

Wright had a couple of nice wins last year, you are just blowing smoke. He won a triple OT game on the road vs Clemson and went into VT and his team destroyed the Chokies. He played extremely well that night in a very hostile environment.

The whole "owning" thing is...ehhh. Save it.

We'll see how Wright does this year, and then we'll talk about it at the end of the season.

Sorry GB, I was tempted, but put Clemson ahead of them this year.

I had fsu at 13, Cal at 14, Iowa at 15 and Michigan at 16.

I'm not an FSU fan JC, I just think they hav ethe best team in the ACC this year. I'm looking forward to Monday night, that much I know. Larry C better get his game on this year.

i wish the FSU/Miami game was like in the middle of the season, its been less than best as of late with it being the 1st game of the season.

Totally agree. I liked it much better when it was played in October. I think the agreement to play on Labor Day runs out after this year, and two other teams will play next year.

Being in SoFla for a game in 80% humidity is pretty sweaty, but I'm going anyway.

i wish the FSU/Miami game was like in the middle of the season, its been less than best as of late with it being the 1st game of the season.
WHY? Afraid to Lose like you did in the Season opener last Year ? I was There last year and Man it wasn't Pretty for Wright (9 Sacks) that's Tough to Deal with .This Game will NO Different .

FSU Owns MIA

WHY? Afraid to Lose like you did in the Season opener last Year ? I was There last year and Man it wasn't Pretty for Wright (9 Sacks) that's Tough to Deal with .This Game will NO Different .

FSU Owns MIA

LOL! fsu has won ONE of the last seven against Miami and now they own them?

Beans, if having a dismal season means Coker gets the boot, I'll take it!

LOL! fsu has won ONE of the last seven against Miami and now they own them?

Beans, if having a dismal season means Coker gets the boot, I'll take it!

Coker is on the spot there in Miami- has to have a big season or he is a goner.

Archived