2007 NFL DRAFT

Pragmatic Bus

With the Jets season heading for doomsday :bag: i am preparing myself for 2007 Jets draft we will have the 2nd overall pick:Nuts: and mangini will pick Adrian Petersom from OU you can watch his highlights by copying and pasteing the link below

Why would the Jets trade down?

watch the clips and let me know how you guys feel about him he ran for almost 2000 yrds his freshman year and even though he got injured last year he still put up a 1000 yard season and he will be at top again this year. his upright dominating running style sort of reminds me of Jiim brown.:yahoo:

watch the clips and let me know how you guys feel about him he ran for almost 2000 yrds his freshman year and even though he got injured last year he still put up a 1000 yard season and he will be at top again this year. his upright dominating running style sort of reminds me of Jiim brown.:yahoo:

He also only started about half of those games...8 at most...I'm certain at that...his Freshman season where he ran for 1,850 that is.

APete's a beast...we'd be lucky to get him.

he's definately a beast at 6-2' 220 he's bigger than most fullbacks

Also, he's a year younger then most "juniors" when it comes to there football eligibility.

He ran for the 1,800+ plus as a Freshman...when he was 18 as a TRUE Freshman...none of the redshirt bull**** business that you see a lot. Gotta love APete.

No question Peterson is the pre-season pick for best in the country and the 2007 NFL Draft should start with him and Brady Quinn at the top, but who goes 1 and who goes 2 will depend on the order. There are a handful of teams that can actually be worse than the Jets this year and some need a QB and some need a RB. The Lions, Raiders and Bills will take Quinn. The Texans and 49ers will take Peterson. The Browns would take either depending on how good Dorsey or Frye can be for them.

buffalo will have the #1 pick overall and will take Quinn out of Notre Dame.

Jets will take more Offensive Linemen, kickers and back-up safeties in next year's draft and Tanenbaum will be called a genius for it.

If you knew anything about football, you would know that Offensive Linemen, back-up kickers and back-up safeties win super bowls while Quarterbacks, running backs and receivers don't do anything.

Let the Mangina revolution begin.

If you knew anything about football, you would know that Offensive Linemen, back-up kickers and back-up safeties win super bowls while Quarterbacks, running backs and receivers don't do anything.

Let the Mangina revolution begin.

Ok Pete,you win...you we're right about the draft. We should've ignored the Line and gone for all those premium positions and names that the average draft fan knew. Thats how your supposed to draft,and thats how teams get good.

Look how well that plan has worked out for the Texans. They'll be contenders for years.

it's not about getting linemans or kickers or wide recevers. it's about making the best decision for the football team. most of you numbnuts think that the team should pick the sexiest player on the board. thats not how you should draft. you have to draft with the whole team concept in mind. by drafting two o lineman mangini didn't just improve those spots but improved the whole line. pete kendall will move to his best position and adrian jones goes back to his, instanly making this o line, although inexperienced, the most talented o line in the league. about drafting mike nugent, they didn't drafted him for his powerful legs but for his tougness, resolve, and his leadership capabilities. i know some buckeye fans who worship mike nugent and now call themselves jets fans just because jets drafted him. he was a legend for that buckeye team. he will soon blossom into a big time kicker after he puts in bunch of gamewinning kicks. and the same people who hate him now would love him.

it's really hypocrytical to say that kickers don't win games vinateiri, not the most accurate kicker in the world. won three super bowls. and vanderjat the most accurate kickers in the "history" of the nfl didn't win anything

and to those people who are second guessing the decision not to draft linehardt. are forgetting some things.

1. jay cutler has outperformed linehardt

2. it preseason

3. he's playing against second stringers.

4. he's playing in a dome in nice warm conditions with no wind.

5. nobody questions his skills it's his arm strength that worry some people i wanna see him play in chicago or medowlands.

as much as I like talking draft the reality is we are too early in the drafting cycle to predict picks - the junior skill position that Jets fans want like Peterson, C Johnson, M Lynch haven't declared yet and who knows what could happen between now and then. Adrian Peterson could slip and fall tomorrow and go from surefire #1 pick to the next WIllis McGahee situation... just too early to tell. the next Jason Campbell like senior surprises haven't been added to the mix.

that being said the NYJ will probably be looking first round DE like Gaines Adams or Quentin Moses, WR (junior)

aware they need RB, DT, TE but they will look for those positions in later round as those positions look fairly deep for next season

they need edge playmakers, premium players as they say and a run stuffer or two. Im not sure they are looking Brady Quinn or a junior like Brian Brohm with Kellen Clemens a high 2nd rounder.

as much as I like talking draft the reality is we are too early in the drafting cycle to predict picks - the junior skill position that Jets fans want like Peterson, C Johnson, M Lynch haven't declared yet and who knows what could happen between now and then. Adrian Peterson could slip and fall tomorrow and go from surefire #1 pick to the next WIllis McGahee situation... just too early to tell. the next Jason Campbell like senior surprises haven't been added to the mix.

that being said the NYJ will probably be looking first round DE like Gaines Adams or Quentin Moses, WR (junior)

aware they need RB, DT, TE but they will look for those positions in later round as those positions look fairly deep for next season

they need edge playmakers, premium players as they say and a run stuffer or two. Im not sure they are looking Brady Quinn or a junior like Brian Brohm with Kellen Clemens a high 2nd rounder.

Don't you think that Quintin moses and Gaines Adams are too light to play DE in a 34 scheme.Why not take the RB you desperately need,and look at a carriker or Crowder later in the draft to play on the End.BNoth those guys are capable of playing DE in either the 34 or the 43 scheme.

The way i see it,unless Gaines or Moses can back peddle,we really don't need them.

i agree with you that its early to predict but we are just havin fun with this second i disagree with you on that jets will pick a d lineman. jets need a running back really bad and if you can draft a prenial prospect i'm all for it. not a lot of running back picked in the later rounds make it big other than a few exaples like rudi johnson and curtis matin. adrian peterson is a better pure runner than even reggie bush and just as fast he ran 4.37, 40 in preseason workouts

in a 3-4 defense roles are completely different from a 4-3 defense, in 4-3 d linemen a sackers and LB are playmakers. in 3-4 d lineman are just big bodies who keep the other big bodies off of LB so LB become sackers and playmakers so LB who are faster can do more dammage get into the back field faster and unleash havok on the offense

what 3-4 does is keeps the safeties out of the box and in constant coverage limiting big play capabilities. the theory is you allow small gains to avoid the big plays. its more conservative than the blitz blitz blitz theory of donnie hendersons. whick although ends the drive quicker but allows big gains for the offense if the defence makes a mistake because there is no place for error in a 4-3 defence.

sorry to disapoint you but your not gettin quin even if clemens struggle that is if pennington gets injured "again" and clemens get thrown in there. they'll still give him a chance next year to develope. they will either pick a running back or a defensive position. they can even pick a wide reciever. there definately not picking a quaterback next year

Don't you think that Quintin moses and Gaines Adams are too light to play DE in a 34 scheme.Why not take the RB you desperately need,and look at a carriker or Crowder later in the draft to play on the End.BNoth those guys are capable of playing DE in either the 34 or the 43 scheme.

The way i see it,unless Gaines or Moses can back peddle,we really don't need them.

Mangini would be looking for stand up 3-4 OLB pass rushers

Carriker could be a top 10 selection

and plus you can always find big bodies in the later rounds

you can never find big bodies in the later rounds

i feel they will draft an RB but there are literally a ton of great options out there

it's probably the deepest position in next year's class

you can never find big bodies in the later rounds

i feel they will draft an RB but there are literally a ton of great options out there

it's probably the deepest position in next year's class

they'll draft "a" RB. you can always find big bodies in later rounds obviously u will not find haloti ngata but some thing close to that can be developed in 2 or 3 years.

osi umenura was a second rounder

Archived