Post Your Pup

jetophile

Nope, this isn't the Physically Unable To Perform list. Post a photo of your dog.

lunfz6.jpg

Luna, Shelter Dog, 10 yrs. old, Husky/Sheltie Mix. She's been having health trouble. Kidney stones and surgery in July. She's doing better, but is never quite out of the woods. Damn it.

belzg3.jpg

Bela (as in Bela Lugosi), Shelter Dog, 7 yrs. old, Husky/Coon Hound Mix. Notice the "Circle of Drool". It sounds like I'm trying to land them dates. Hehehe.

P.S.: Cats welcome - or whatever reptile or off the beaten track pet you happen to hang with. :)

im the same...allergic to dogs and cats...even rabbits..lol..had a pet rabbit in the house for about 7 years..
...man, Im not that bad...I can stand the pesky cats and rabbits are cool. But you cant have any of the "average pets".... we need o get cows, or pigs, or deer or something..:baby:

You guys are killin' me. I want a dog so bad man but I just can't do it. I think it's wrong to own a dog if you don't have the time to care for them properly and I wouldn't be able to. Man that pisses me off.

Yeah, they got back from the groomer that day.

We called them Brokeback Puppies for a day or two.

I hear that, damn dog groomers. Luckily I have a Boxer so he hasn't seen a groomer in his life. The poodle we used to have always came home with one of those on and some crappy a$$ cologne. I didn't mind though because the dog hated me so I just pointed and laughed.

You guys are killin' me. I want a dog so bad man but I just can't do it. I think it's wrong to own a dog if you don't have the time to care for them properly and I wouldn't be able to. Man that pisses me off.

You are being responsible. Applause to you!

picture_00312.jpg

bubbers12.jpg

Hannah...she's adorable...she may look mean but once you get to know her you just picture a huge baby face on her...she doesn't bite anybody, including people she doesn't know, only barks and doesn't go crazy...she's a loveable dog...she's great

I wish a lot of people would think like you AFJ. After I retired my wife and

I ran the local Humane Society in the town we lived in NY. For various

reasons if we didn't think someone was able to be responsible for a dog

and cat we wouldn't adopt it out.

For example a woman came in with a young boy. Wanted a puppy for the

boy. While we were talking the boy is kicking the cage where the puppies

were confined. Then he opened the cage and picked a puppy up by the leg.

Needless to say I asked her to leave. She couldn't understand why I

had that attitude. Wrote a letter to the mayor. He backed me up.

When we moved to Fla, got involved with the Humane society in Ocala.

Was on the board of directors for awhile. Initated a policy that if anyone

adopted a dog an employee of the society would do a home inspection

first before the adoptee could take the dog home. You be surprised

where people intended to keep a dog.

Archived