Regarding Chad

MSGold12

I agree with this entire post, esp the bold part I highlighted.

Chad gets nothing but excuses from Jets fans - poor OL play, backs not blocking, nobody is open, jolley sucks etc etc.

With Ramsey its - Damn this guy has no awareness. He holds onto the ball too long. He's not as smart as Chad.

PLEASE! Save the BS you chad homers. Chad is not football smart at all, and he has no instincts to sense the pass rush. You think the pats Oline is really any good? Hell no its not. But Brady knows how to step up or slide in the pocket to buy another split second and that makes him 10x the player Chad is. Chad drops back, a DE is coming on the outside rush, and Chad just plants himself back there and fumbles or gets sacked. And if he was so smart, ya know the rhode scholar, which has nothing to do with footbnall, why does he throw into triple coverage when other players are wide open?

Teams will be stacking the box and blitzing the hell out of us, and I guarantee you this: The offensive line will be called out for it by the fans and media. They will say the offensive line "sucks" and we have no threat at TE or running back.

That is all Chads fault because no DC respects his arm or his ability to avoid the pass rush.

Silly. I can understand being upset that people bash Ramsey and praise Chad when neither has done anything to step up in the preseason but your constantly ripping Pennington is a joke. How often was he sacked compared to the other qbs last year? I don't have the stats, but watching the games I'll bet Vinny and Bolly were dropped way more. The team has a new OL and DOESN'T have any threat at RB, a top TE or a true gamebreaking WR. You don't like Chad fine, but if you think Ramsey has played better you're way off. At least Pennington made a few first downs and RAN THE OFFENSE. Did the dbs drop off the and respect Ramsey's arm? Did they stop blitzing? Betting we'll see Ramsey start this week, are you confident that he's going to be showing anything? I hope he does, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Chad gets nothing but excuses from Jets fans - poor OL play, backs not blocking, nobody is open, jolley sucks etc etc.

With Ramsey its - Damn this guy has no awareness. He holds onto the ball too long. He's not as smart as Chad.

PLEASE! Save the BS you chad homers. Chad is not football smart at all, and he has no instincts to sense the pass rush. You think the pats Oline is really any good? Hell no its not. But Brady knows how to step up or slide in the pocket to buy another split second and that makes him 10x the player Chad is. Chad drops back, a DE is coming on the outside rush, and Chad just plants himself back there and fumbles or gets sacked. And if he was so smart, ya know the rhode scholar, which has nothing to do with footbnall, why does he throw into triple coverage when other players are wide open?

Teams will be stacking the box and blitzing the hell out of us, and I guarantee you this: The offensive line will be called out for it by the fans and media. They will say the offensive line "sucks" and we have no threat at TE or running back.

That is all Chads fault because no DC respects his arm or his ability to avoid the pass rush.

One thing this post hints at-we all know the Jets offense is going to have major problems scoring. And part of that is Pennington doesn't protect the ball nearly enough. We've seem in before and in the preseason-when the pocket collapses, he fumbles, more often than most other QBs. And that is going to kill this team if he keeps doing it. It's the one thing I saw from Clemens I liked a lot-he doesn't seem the least bit fazed by pressure or taking a hit; pops right back up.

And I remember a few short years ago when Barton was the biggest PennyBoy supporter (especially on another message board) of all time.

It's amazing what puberty accomplishes.;)

I just re-read this paragraph.

I give Barton TWO POTW nominations for his last two sentences.

Silly. I can understand being upset that people bash Ramsey and praise Chad when neither has done anything to step up in the preseason but your constantly ripping Pennington is a joke. How often was he sacked compared to the other qbs last year? I don't have the stats, but watching the games I'll bet Vinny and Bolly were dropped way more. The team has a new OL and DOESN'T have any threat at RB, a top TE or a true gamebreaking WR. You don't like Chad fine, but if you think Ramsey has played better you're way off. At least Pennington made a few first downs and RAN THE OFFENSE. Did the dbs drop off the and respect Ramsey's arm? Did they stop blitzing? Betting we'll see Ramsey start this week, are you confident that he's going to be showing anything? I hope he does, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Does Chad ever show you the ability to avoid the passrush?

As to whether or not Bolly or Vinny went down more.....

Vinny is 55 yrs old and a statue, saying Chad went down less like its an accomplishment is like claiming a 89 year old man is alot younger than somebody 91 yrs old. They're both old. And in this case, both have no ability to move in the pocket.

Chad isnt showing much ability to evade the pass rush, but having a couple of OL and RB do their best turnstyle imitation isnt helping matters.

Clemens has better wheels, as he showed on the play where he directed Washington who to block, but the offense has to do a much better job of protecting the passer, no matter who is in there.

This lack of protection also explains why we havent seen more of a deep game yet. There have been sacks that occurred before the qb finished his 7 step drop. You just cant start operating a deep pass game until you know the OL et al will protect the qb.

Itsa work in progress.

There have been sacks that occurred before the qb finished his 7 step drop.

I will be happy when they can drop 5 steps without getting crushed. The only way Chad goes back 7 yards is if he is throwing a screen pass. Otherwise -- well you get the joke, lol.

Does Chad ever show you the ability to avoid the passrush?

As to whether or not Bolly or Vinny went down more.....

Vinny is 55 yrs old and a statue, saying Chad went down less like its an accomplishment is like claiming a 89 year old man is alot younger than somebody 91 yrs old. They're both old. And in this case, both have no ability to move in the pocket.

I agree that Vinny is 55 year old statue, but he has that "big time" arm that keeps the D off the line of scrimmage. How'd that work out? Besides there are similar QBs getting NFL jobs (Jeff George). I'll bet Bolly went down more too and he can evade the rush. If Pennington keeps fumbling he'll get benched and rightly so, but I wouldn't decide that he can't start because he spit one up when blindsided in the first preseason game.

Hey Guys,

I dont hate Chad. I like the guy. I wish like hell I culd see the Chad of 2002 again. But its been 4 years and 2 shoulder surgeries since that Chad was around and I simply donot think we will ever see that Chad again.

Howveer, that said, I also dont think Chad is necessarily "done" as a starting QB in the NFL. I just think hes done with US as a starting QB in the NFL and that has as much to do with US as it does Chads skills. He had an average arm to begin wht and when we could keep defenses off balance with play fakes and misdirction, Chad was smart enough to find the open man and had tremndous tounch to lay the ball in there. Also, with Fabini, Mawae, KMac, Thomas, etc on his OL, he had the time to set up in the pocket and step into his throws hit a "pre toe" Coles, or speedy MOss, or pre conussion Chrebet or fake a handoff to 1300 yard Martin.

But those dyas are long gone. We now have a young and inexoperienced OL, limited skill players, and Chads arm may not be as strong after 2 suregries and natural aging. hes going to face massive pressure this year and not have the skill oplayers to keep Ds off balance. he is ot mobile and doesnt throw well when he is pressured or has to improvise. Thus, I dont think we are going to be very successful at all o O with him in there. IMO, Were going t see a LOT of dink and dunk, a lot of 3 and outs, and a lot of sacks.

Let me also be clear that I am not saying Ramsey or Clemens or Bolly is a better talent then Chad or has outplayed him...they havent. Chad is still the best "Talent" for the job right now. But to me Ramsey or even Bolly might be a better match for this team right now. IMO, whoever is QB is just holding the spot for Clemens until probably November anyway. Ramsey is stronger and will probably hold up longer against the blitzing and with his stornger arm, can throw better under pressure. Bolly...well we know he can run for his life. To me, Chads skill set is the WORST of the three when matched up wiht this O.

Finally, my apparant verve to unseat Chad is as muchabout the hypocrisy of many fans here as it is about Cahd. Ramsey has been smashed at EVERY turn by the Chad Lovers brigade. Meanwhile Chad is given excuse after excuse. Ramsey gets sacked n a blitz its because he held the ball too long and is indecisive. Cahd ges sacked on a blitz its because a RB missed a pick up. Ramsey makes a nice throw or throws a good block...its totally minimized. Chad throws one stinkin 20 yard in pattern to a wide open WR (a throw that ANY QB SHOULD make) and the whole world praises him like he just won the SB. Its hypocritical and risiculous. Neither guy has done dick this pre season and that is simple fact.

I understand wh many still suport Chad...we yearn for the guy we saw in 2002 and want badly to give him a chance to be that guy again. But circumstances as they are with both this team and this player, I dont see us having either a present or future wuith him. We'll see...I hoep I am wrong and if I am I will be the first to admit it. But I dont think I am. I think we will see Chad for 7 or 8 weeks this year. He will throw for his suuall high % but his YPA will be under 6 and we will struggle to score. If we are 3-5 or worse after 8 weeks, Clemens will enter for the rest of the year and Chad will be released this off season and Clemens and Ramsey (if Ramsey makes the team this year that is!)will be the QBs in 2007 (unless we draft one) . Just MO...but Im sticking to it.

Chad may go off to anohter team and do OK there but IMO his days of being the guy who will lead us to the SB are over. To me that window has closed.

*** The Hermy Error is OVER...Let the Tangini Era begin!!!! ***

There are a number of valid points in you post but just a few remarks.

1. Ramsey cannot win with this team. I saw him here in DC for many Sundays under Spurrier and his playing days are basically over in my opinion. He is fill in for an injury and nothing more.

2. Clemens in Nov. Only if the Jets are out of the race which is a possibilty.

3. Mangini has to field the best he can so that means Chad as a starter. That was his only option to begin with.

4. If Chad can play for other teams why can't he play here. The inherent assumption in your post is that you feel the Jets are basically rebuilding, they have no shot at the playoffs, Chad could play on a "good" perhaps but not on a bad one so he is basically done here. Well, we won't know for sure until around October or so. You may be right but this team has a good defense and looks like it can beat some teams.

In support of your argument is the fact the Chad has not lead this team to points. It may not be all his fault but the team has not scored uder him for a long time going back to his last dtarting QB days that has continued up to his most recent starts. That has got to change somehow in the next couple of weeks. Another tall order.

That was a kind of funny game Mangini was playing with the starting QB up until a couple of days ago then out of nowhere "ITS CHAD". To me, like I said, he had no options so it is not clear what he was trying to accomplish with that.

I guess we can only take this one game at a time and see how it turns out. Next Sunday starts it in Tenn. Should be interesting to say the least. I like Chad too.:cheers: I hope he can get it done............

Of course they TRY to win every game.....but honestly, I think Coaches look at things FAR more objectively then fans. Don't you think that Mangini - although he'll give good lip service - will be pleased with an 8-8 or 9-7 record and seeing his team improve and be competitive with each game this season. Then next season, expectations and improvement will make for higher expectations and goals?

these are 2 distinct concepts. while in aggregate i think mangini may be happy with 9-7 but week to week i am sure he thinks they can win. right now there is 1 game on the schedule - the titans. i am sure that he thinks the jets will win that game. at 1-0, i am sure that he thinks the jets can win game 2.

in the nfl you play 1 game at a time and manage the season week to week. if the coach doesn't think the team can win than what the hell is he doing as the coach. this isn't the case of akron playing ohio state. everyone in the nfl has a salary cap and a theoretical eqaul playing field.

Archived