The All-American Rejects - Move Along

Alk

It amazes me how the in vogue thing nowadays is to like bands that a.)all sound the same, and b.)have ZERO talent.

Not ragging on you personally, Alk. The state of the popular music industry is just something that really pisses me off.

I pray that the availability of music on the internet opens peoples eyes to the wealth of great music out there and finally puts an end to garbage like this. No offense Alk. It's amazing what crap the general public will allow MTV to shove down their throats.

ALK,

A couple weeks ago you posted a link to a site that matches your face to other people who look like you. Do you still have the link? Thanks man

I don't have the link but I can probably find the thread.

Listen to some real rock and roll- Alk- not these flash in the pan guys

I do faba but like I said, I have a 5 year old so I have to mix some of the new stuff in too. They played this song in a Bionicles commercial and ever since my son has been hooked.

I do faba but like I said, I have a 5 year old so I have to mix some of the new stuff in too. They played this song in a Bionicles commercial and ever since my son has been hooked.

I think what they're tryin to say to you alk is to stop dating 5 year olds. don't let these young girls influence your music tastes. be strong;)

You guys are brutal.

All Alk said was that it was a good song and you act like he said the band was better than Zeppelin!

I like all kinds of music. Rock, Metal, Rap, Pop.

IMO If a song is good it is good regardless of what kind of band comes out with the song.

What a sh#tty band.

There are no good rock bands anymore. None.

Razorlight beg to disagree.I love the British music scene the last few years,a lot of good bands about and having success in the album charts.

Razorlight beg to disagree.I love the British music scene the last few years,a lot of good bands about and having success in the album charts.

I agree with Ten as I said in an earlier post the Queens of the Stone are a great band and so is Audioslave. Bands like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam are still putting out good music and some other good bands out there are Streetlight Manifesto, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, Foo Fighters, and The White Stripes.

Dropkick Murphys? Aren't they the band that sang that annoying ****ing song about the Red Sox that was on MVP 05?

Tessie was the song and I agree it was annoying. They are a good band though. Boston/Irish drinking rock songs. Look them up on youtube.

Jesus Christ Alk this band sucks. There just the same as any other pussy emo bands out there today. If you want to listen to some good modern bands listen to Queens of the Stone or Audioslave, for f*cks sake not this sh!t.

Surprise, I do listen to Queens and Audioslave. I happen to enjoy listening to all kinds of music though. I apologize for not being as cool as you.

I agree with Ten as I said in an earlier post the Queens of the Stone are a great band and so is Audioslave. Bands like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam are still putting out good music and some other good bands out there are Streetlight Manifesto, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, Foo Fighters, and The White Stripes.

The White Stripes could be the most overrated band today. Pure and utter garbage, Jack White is a bigger egomaniac than Axl Rose.

I like a lot of different music too, these guys aren't bad.

Finally. A voice of reason.

I'll never understand people who only listen to one type of music. I'm not a Country fan but I have heard a few songs over the years that I like.

Finally. A voice of reason.

I'll never understand people who only listen to one type of music. I'm not a Country fan but I have heard a few songs over the years that I like.

Country is probably one of my least favorite types of music, but there are a lot of country songs that I like. I agree though, one thing I don't understand is why people say they don't like a song just cause a lot of other people like it or because they sound like a lot of other bands. :P

Maybe all those other bands sound like them? Course, why should that prevent someone from being able to make a good song?

Surprise, I do listen to Queens and Audioslave. I happen to enjoy listening to all kinds of music though. I apologize for not being as cool as you.

Audioslave is garbage in my opinion. Rage against the machine was their highpoint. But ever since they changed their singer and their message they've been complete filth.

Country is probably one of my least favorite types of music, but there are a lot of country songs that I like. I agree though, one thing I don't understand is why people say they don't like a song just cause a lot of other people like it or because they sound like a lot of other bands. :P

Maybe all those other bands sound like them? Course, why should that prevent someone from being able to make a good song?

You are preaching to the choir mate!

What is up with some of these posts?

If you don't like hard rock then you suck. That is what I have seen from this thread.

Too bad that some people can't appreciate good songs, no matter who sings them.

Their loss, our gain.

I think this is a band we can all agree on:

Daniel Ziffer, Entertainment Reporter

July 8, 2008

When miners Brant Webb and Todd Russell were trapped almost a kilometre underground, they listened to country music and US band Foo Fighters.

In May, lead singer Dave Grohl heard of their plight and promised to get them tickets and a beer when they got out safely. Now he can make good on his pledge, with the announcement of two Sydney concerts in October.

"I was willing to flip the bill to have them come halfway around the world just to hang out and have a beer, and then it turned out they couldn't come," Grohl told radio station Triple J this morning.

"So this time, absolutely. And you know what, I'm not just having one beer with those dudes, we're going for it. This is going to be a big night."

Rescuers kept the Beaconsfield pair's spirits up by passing them iPods loaded with their favourite tunes, including Foo Fighters songs.

Grohl - former drummer of Nirvana - sent a message of support offering Webb and Russell tickets and beers at a Foo's show "anywhere" once they were safely out.

The miners could not be immediately contacted to see if they will take up the offer.

Grohl's message arrived on 5 May, four days before the miners were freed.

"Dave here, from the Foo Fighters. Hope you guys are hangin' in there, and hope that the music is helping you two out," he said.

"Though I'm halfway around the world right now, my heart is with you both, and I want you to know that when you come home, there's two tickets to any Foo's show, anywhere, and two cold beers waiting for you. Deal? Looking forward to sharing them with you ... Come home safe, and we'll see you soon. Dave Grohl."

The band's management confirmed the message was from the singer.

The band performed hard-rocking arena shows last year and are switching to acoustic for "intimate" shows at the iconic Sydney Opera House.

To limit scalpers, tickets for the first 10 rows will only be available for purchase in person at the Sydney Opera House box office from 7.00am on Thursday 7 September. The remaining seats will be available through Ticketek from 9.00am on the day.

Source: http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/rocker-bows-to-beer-group-pressure/2006/08/31/1156817004615.html

Archived