Which defensive tackle would you take in this years draft?

YJF

Let's assume that you couldn't take any other position at 26 for The Jets.

Is there a DT that you would take at 26 in this draft?

Here's The short list of potential 1st round DT's:

Travis Johnson-Florida State

Antaj Hawthorne-Wisconsin

Luis Castillo-Northwestern

Mike Patterson-USC

Shaun Cody-USC

There is only one DT, I would draft at 26 and it's Travis Johnson. I'd consider Patterson.

That's why if The Jets are looking at drafting a DT and I am sure that this position is in consideration. There really isn't much value at 26.

Castillo is rising. Hawthorne is falling a bit. People are lukewarm on Cody. Travis Johnson is the highest rated DT in this draft.

I would not be shocked if only one DT gets drafted in the entire first round. This is not a very strong class especially at the top.

Personally, I would draft a DT in The 3rd or 4th round. Someone like Ronald Fields or Anthony Bryant.

But If you had to take a DT at 26. Which one would it be?

out of those three it would be a coin flip between Castillo and Patterson - the rest of those names are busts waiting to happen. Also i think time will show that CJ Mosely was worth a late first round pick - and thus should be considered with those names.

Put a gun to my head and make me pick 1 it would be Mike Patterson. He's not the greatest in terms of measurables but he is the best football player of the bunch. Also as an NT at USC his coaches called him the "hair in the sink that clogs the drain" or something like that - exactly what the JETS need is a space eater -

Mosely i think will be the best DT however he's a poor man's DRob - a 3tech - not really a fit for team needs -

out of those three it would be a coin flip between Castillo and Patterson - the rest of those names are busts waiting to happen. Also i think time will show that CJ Mosely was worth a late first round pick - and thus should be considered with those names.

Put a gun to my head and make me pick 1 it would be Mike Patterson. He's not the greatest in terms of measurables but he is the best football player of the bunch. Also as an NT at USC his coaches called him the "hair in the sink that clogs the drain" or something like that - exactly what the JETS need is a space eater -

Mosely i think will be the best DT however he's a poor man's DRob - a 3tech - not really a fit for team needs -

Some good points. Patterson is going to be a good NFL player. His size is an issue but he's better than Cody.

Travis Johnson has been compared to Corey Simon. Sometimes, These Florida players are underachievers. They are always the top recruits in the nation and big things are always expected out of them.

Johnson has great size and speed and he did have a very good senior season.

Travis Johnson.

There has not been a defensive tackle (at least one with legit talent) drafted in the last 20 years that didn't have the label attached to him of "inconsistent effort." That's the only knock on Johnson, and IMO, I'd be willing to look past it if he could come in and pair with DRob for 20 plays a game to rough up the O-Line. Next on that list would be Castillo. He sounds like a rock.

I'm surprised and I'd like to know why nobody has said Anttaj Hawthorne yet. He had a pretty damn good year last year at Sconsin, why no love for him? I'd take him.

Hawthorne is a good player and he could go in the first. Probably early 2nd round.

Some teams feel that he is not going to be a dominant player at the next level. He hasn't blown people away this offseason in workouts. If he had, He would have been a lock in the first round.

He was a good player in college and Wisconsin had a pretty good d-line with him and Erasmus James.

Castillo's the guy. He moves better than any other DT in this draft. He's big at 6'3" and over 300 lbs, with plenty of room to add another 25 pounds. He was productive in school. He's the whole package. Screw the other guys.

I know some fans want a fatty to just clog the line, but that's not what the Jets want. they want penetration from their DT's. This is not the same cover 2 scheme that Herm brought with him.

Castillo's a guy, though, who can move and be that big lane clogger.

note about Castillo - he is from Garfield NJ - Wayne C's HS and the JETS are reportedly very interested in him.

as for Travis Johnson there are character concerns, there are some production concerns (despite all the TFL had only 2.5 sacks in 3 seasons) - frankly i see him as a slightly better version of Darnell Dockett - a good player but nothing to write home to mama about. He's a little light in the ass for the position - if he was 320 instead of 285 i'd like him alot more.

Hawthorne is a fat lazy f--ker. Bottom line. He showed up for the combine looking like he was in training for the nathans hot dog eating contest. I hope he gets drafted by the Giants in round 2 so we can laugh about how much of a bust he is for the next 5 years.

note about Castillo - he is from Garfield NJ - Wayne C's HS and the JETS are reportedly very interested in him.

as for Travis Johnson there are character concerns, there are some production concerns (despite all the TFL had only 2.5 sacks in 3 seasons) - frankly i see him as a slightly better version of Darnell Dockett - a good player but nothing to write home to mama about. He's a little light in the a$$ for the position - if he was 320 instead of 285 i'd like him alot more.

Hawthorne is a fat lazy f--ker. Bottom line. He showed up for the combine looking like he was in training for the nathans hot dog eating contest. I hope he gets drafted by the Giants in round 2 so we can laugh about how much of a bust he is for the next 5 years.[/quote]

:lol:=D>

this is somewhat off topic but i don't know much about this year's dt's.

why is it that it seems every year the jets draft at least 1 d-lineman if not more and every year they need to draft another one. help me out here but tb has not needed rb, qb, te, c, for awhile but every year it is the same story - jets looking for d-tackle. how can this be possible?

help me out here but tb has not needed rb, qb, te, c, for awhile but every year it is the same story - jets looking for d-tackle. how can this be possible?

long story short, the only way to get cheap and reliable DT talent is through the draft. You can always find players at all sorts of positions but there are some positions - franchise QB, franchise LT that you can't really go out on the market because all the good ones stay locked up - DT is one of those positions

as for Travis Johnson there are character concerns, there are some production concerns (despite all the TFL had only 2.5 sacks in 3 seasons) - frankly i see him as a slightly better version of Darnell Dockett - a good player but nothing to write home to mama about. He's a little light in the a$$ for the position - if he was 320 instead of 285 i'd like him alot more.

Hawthorne is a fat lazy f--ker. Bottom line. He showed up for the combine looking like he was in training for the nathans hot dog eating contest. I hope he gets drafted by the Giants in round 2 so we can laugh about how much of a bust he is for the next 5 years.

:lol::lol::lol:=D> That was classic.

Harsh.

:lol:

damn, did he steal your corndog while you weren't looking or something??? shiaaaat

Archived