JetNation Made Sports Illustrated

Maxman

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey we have gotten off track here. Many good points have been made -- but we have VOTING to do. Help JetNation win this thing.

I am consistent and honest. I want JetNation to win. I said this when we were in 4th and I say it when we are in 1st. Help us win, it would be good for the site.

Be dialing people, be dialing.

Anyone think that Rude Polack is Sooth himself? I will be honest, as I have posted in this thread before I admit that I bust Sooth's balls. A lot. The reason why is not important and is old news. But Sooth knows I have been good to him. He is a HYPOCRITE if he says anything different.

Sooth knows what the last email exchange we had was. He knows that he thanked me for the email exchange. And now I realize that I was a fool for being nice to someone like that.

I also know Sooth used fake accounts before. Right about the time I was getting kicked off JI he was using Streetballa. He had others. He used these fake accounts and I would see him always try to further his agenda with them. It made me sick. He will deny it all but I know the truth so I don't care what he thinks. Maybe Rude Polack is a real poster, who knows. Maybe the fan mail he got back in the day from "Juan" was real as well. Not really the point.

Sooth is being a baby because he is losing a contest. He is a bully. And by starting this place -- we said we weren't afraid of the bully. It is crazy this stuff. Last year before the home opener I had a message passed to me and a few others here saying that we were to stay away from the ji tailgate. Kind of got the impression it meant that someone was going to kick our asses.

Is that what this has come to? I am 37 years old -- I go to these games with my kids. I have to watch my back because I started a rival website after being asked to leave ji? What a baby. I will be honest, I am getting sick of all this b.s. I have offered to put it all in the past several times. Sean just doesn't want to.

he also uses Markossloppyseconds

moses..it's bp from over there..I always loved your debates in the political forums..I also thought that rude pollack guy was out of line..I also stuck up for you in that thread..you keep posting over there bro!!!and speak your mind!!!

I appreciate that, but it's over for me, there.

I just want to give you a heads up, Limo Lady lurks over here and reports everything back to Sooth. So watch your back around them. You're persona non grata for just coming over here and being nice to me.

• 2 years later...
I just got an email from SI. They listed JetNation as one of top fansites for the Jets in the upcoming NFL Preview issue. They are running a vote - the site that receives the most votes will be listed on the new Jets SI Page.

To vote go to - http://SI.com/Jetsvote

To check out SI.com's new Jets team page, go to - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/jets

Be dialing people, be dialing. Represent JetNation!

I voted for NYJETSFAN.

j/k

Where is Akhilesh Babaganoush?

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

From reading a lot of these older threads, it certainly seems that JN has gone from the consistently funny and witty website to a very caustic and overly sarcastic one. There definitely needs to be more threads like this and less of ones that constantly derail every conversation to unreadable. I mean some of the sh*t in here was absolute gold. Gold jerry, gold.

Edit: Not sure why this was necrod, I swear it was one of the hot topics when i first logged on. I'm all sorts of confused now.

From reading a lot of these older threads, it certainly seems that JN has gone from the consistently funny and witty website to a very caustic and overly sarcastic one. There definitely needs to be more threads like this and less of ones that constantly derail every conversation to unreadable. I mean some of the sh*t in here was absolute gold. Gold jerry, gold.

Edit: Not sure why this was necrod, I swear it was one of the hot topics when i first logged on. I'm all sorts of confused now.

I am TOTALLY with you on this...JN was created to be fun, talk Jets and just have a good time.

Some more thoughts... really good post. Really good. If there are thoughts you have for me or even general site stuff, I would love to hear them. Feel free to post them or PM me any thoughts.

But otherwise I do think people need to worry less about who loves Sanchez, who loves Tebow and just remember that we are all Jets fans. One of the coolest things about a message board like this is that it has a long memory. It makes it fun when it is a good natured way. But just because someone likes or dislikes a player...doesn't change the fact that it is the JETS we root for. Not a number on the back of one jersey.

Some more thoughts... really good post. Really good. If there are thoughts you have for me or even general site stuff, I would love to hear them. Feel free to post them or PM me any thoughts.

But otherwise I do think people need to worry less about who loves Sanchez, who loves Tebow and just remember that we are all Jets fans. One of the coolest things about a message board like this is that it has a long memory. It makes it fun when it is a good natured way. But just because someone likes or dislikes a player...doesn't change the fact that it is the JETS we root for. Not a number on the back of one jersey.

The influx of new posters created divisions. Naturally, it took time to assimilate these personalities into the mix, but I think it's almost there. This place was much more belligerent a year ago than it is now. If I were to make a recommendation, it would be to just delete posts that are solely intended as personal attacks and then PM the author to chill out. Leaving them on the site, even if you rebuke them publicly, lowers the bar for the discourse. Nothing straightens an angry poster out faster than having some of his posts deleted for content.

The influx of new posters created divisions. Naturally, it took time to assimilate these personalities into the mix, but I think it's almost there. This place was much more belligerent a year ago than it is now. If I were to make a recommendation, it would be to just delete posts that are solely intended as personal attacks and then PM the author to chill out. Leaving them on the site, even if you rebuke them publicly, lowers the bar for the discourse. Nothing straightens an angry poster out faster than having some of his posts deleted for content.

That is a good point. And I agree that we are headed in the right direction. A year ago? Ugh, lol.

Or give them IHOP coupons.

honestly curious, but isn't traffic higher now? I came here in in 2006 and the board was really slow..

Also, i like sarcarsm.. But of course, I'm one of the new breed that the old timers claim ruined the board.. if i'm right that traffic is higher, that's fairly objective evidence that the board is healthier now then it was then

Archived