JetNation Made Sports Illustrated

Maxman

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tx -- just got in from lunch. My wife reads me your post, pretty funny. That isn't me. Here is how you can tell. Reread his post. Once you start laughing, that rules me out.

Thank you to our friends from Dell. We appreciate the voting you did for us last night. Hopefully your call center will remain quiet and we hope to have more of your support going forward.

I have a serious question (yes, I'll post it over "there" too): why is something that is supposed to be a "fun" competition that means nothing really (like the no-money yahoo ff leagues) turn into a testosteron fueled battle filled with character assaults?

(That's what PM's are for btw ;)...LOL!)

I have a serious question (yes, I'll post it over "there" too): why is something that is supposed to be a "fun" competition that means nothing really (like the no-money yahoo ff leagues) turn into a testosteron fueled battle filled with character assaults?

That's sexist! I have had my character assaulted by many women who were hopefully fairly low on testosterone.

thats what the kids of JI like to do...

its funny...LIMO was trashing JETNATION when they were "winning"...but now that theyre gettin beat she's trashing JN and accusing MAX of cheating..

HAHA pathetic..

thats what the kids of JI like to do...

its funny...LIMO was trashing JETNATION when they were "winning"...but now that theyre gettin beat she's trashing JN and accusing MAX of cheating..

HAHA pathetic..

Well, it will give everyone at the Rock Cook-off something to talk about tomorrow!! LOL!!

I see that they are charging people for this event. I hope the proceeds are going to charity.

I don't think it turned into a pissing match- I think it was more a vote of support for what has been done here-which when you think about it is pretty impressive in what? 17-18 months-it's a good site and has a community feel to it...hey that's why I voted anyway

Garb I am not sure actually. We all need to collectively take a step back and just laugh. Life is too friggin short to stress this stuff. I was called several names over there today and I thought -- wow I get called worse here.

Here is the bottom line. This feud will exist as long as Sean wants it to. It is really that simple. nyjetsfan.com plugged their radio show on JI with Sean's blessing this week. Yet you can't type jetnation.com over there. What would happen if we tried to plug GOBs first JN Podcast next week? We would be called every name in the book. Sean thinks we stole his posters. It is called a free market -- we offered an alternative. Every person makes their own decision.

Limo blasts JN today, yet a few weeks ago she was sending me sweet emails saying the fighting was nonsense. Cmon, let's just get over ourselves. We are Jets fans. This is a silly contest. I have already admitted in this thread that I want to win it. I think it would be huge publicity for this site. But posting that you were brought to tears when you are winning and accusing others of cheating the next day when you are losing, that is below the belt imo.

We don't compete with JI. They are in the business of making money. We are not. I turned down 3 offers from members this week for paypal donations. Advertising pays the bills here, not our members. So clearly we are not competing with JI.

Garb I am not sure actually. We all need to collectively take a step back and just laugh. Life is too friggin short to stress this stuff. I was called several names over there today and I thought -- wow I get called worse here.

Here is the bottom line. This feud will exist as long as Sean wants it to. It is really that simple. nyjetsfan.com plugged their radio show on JI with Sean's blessing this week. Yet you can't type jetnation.com over there. What would happen if we tried to plug GOBs first JN Podcast next week? We would be called every name in the book. Sean thinks we stole his posters. It is called a free market -- we offered an alternative. Every person makes their own decision.

Limo blasts JN today, yet a few weeks ago she was sending me sweet emails saying the fighting was nonsense. Cmon, let's just get over ourselves. We are Jets fans. This is a silly contest. I have already admitted in this thread that I want to win it. I think it would be huge publicity for this site. But posting that you were brought to tears when you are winning and accusing others of cheating the next day when you are losing, that is below the belt imo.

We don't compete with JI. They are in the business of making money. We are not. I turned down 3 offers from members this week for paypal donations. Advertising pays the bills here, not our members. So clearly we are not competing with JI.

I think the whole Hatfield vs McCoy feud is friggn' hilarious.

But I have one question.

Why do I continue to get blasted (equally) from both sides about instigating things between the two boards?

I haven't been able to figure that one out yet.;)

Guys you have 80 people Viewing right now there is over 200 on JI right now. There is usually 3 times as many people on that site so who are you trying to kid?

Stej...

This poll aside, we do not view JN \ ji as a completition. This is a place for us to talk Jets football, laugh and have a good time. Don't let this SI poll sidetrack things.

We will NEVER have more posters than JI. That has never been the goal. JI is a monster that is a top 10 football board in terms of volume. Sean, RB Stern, IndyJet and the rest of the guys that built that place should be proud.

I was asked to leave and I did. I harbor no ill will towards Sean and I wish him well in his pursuit of building up the VIP Memberships. We are doing something different here so we shouldn't be viewed in the same light.

It must be all those magnets and business cards we have handed out. We spent a lot of money on that stuff. At times you wonder if it is worth it. then you see a response like this and it is staggering.

Thanks again everyone who has stepped up and voted. Thanks also to our myspace friends for all of your support. http://myspace.com/jetnation

But this contest has a LONG way to go so be dialing people!

This may be the fucciest thread I have ever read

I can;t stop laughing....it's way too funny

when does this vote end? I can't take this stress much longer. I just kicked my boss outta my office cause I made a personal committment to 2 votes an hour & I fell behind.

If we're cheating would someone be kind enough to pm me so I can get my life back? thanks.

I liked spudicus's remark about loyalty. he's a pretty cool poster with good football input.

It has however prompted me to send a medical unit to faba's house. talk about loyal...... I'm guessing he's been up for 2 nights on coffee, crystal speed, nodoze etc to help win this thing. ;)

good job jetnation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all accusations of cheating see the New Jersey Attorney General's office

Faba - you may appreciate this.

After reading this thread, the lyrics: When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, it's amore popped into my head. Hate when that happens! Anyway, as a fellow grease-ball, what can I attribute this too?

THE_SOOTHSAYER vbmenu_register("postmenu_1366819", true);

Board Administrator

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/image.php?u=3201&dateline=1145546720

user_offline.gifreport.gif

LOL, I feel bad for *********.com

This was prior to JetNation taking the lead

All of this is quite funny, yet sad at the same time

I still visit there.....but some of the behavior over there is quite childish

Stej...

This poll aside, we do not view JN \ ji as a completition. This is a place for us to talk Jets football, laugh and have a good time. Don't let this SI poll sidetrack things.

We will NEVER have more posters than JI. That has never been the goal. JI is a monster that is a top 10 football board in terms of volume. Sean, RB Stern, IndyJet and the rest of the guys that built that place should be proud.

I was asked to leave and I did. I harbor no ill will towards Sean and I wish him well in his pursuit of building up the VIP Memberships. We are doing something different here so we shouldn't be viewed in the same light.

Thanks for the insight. Sounds fair enough.

Archived