With Oswalt wrapped up now, is Zito going to be the best free agent on the market?

Blackout

If so, this certainly doesn't say too much for the '07 off-season crop of talent, atleast for pitching

I hope the Yankees sign Daisuke Matsuzaka, who's having his best season in Japan (10-2 with a 2.03 ERA, 8 CG and 114 strikeouts in 102 innings). He was the WBC most valuable player

For all the non-Yankee/Tiger fans on this forum, I'll start this thread early for you

It's too early to say for sure, but he might be. Others, like Moose, will be there as FA, but they have age against them.

That said, Zito is far from attractive for me. And he will want at least Oswalt $$$$$. Zito is not worth anywhere near $15 million per. Check out his overall record since he won the Cy Young in 2002. Barely above .500 the past 3 seasons, for a team that always wins 90 games.

Good pitcher? Certainly. Ace? No. Ace-like money? Definitely not.

It's too early to say for sure, but he might be. Others, like Moose, will be there as FA, but they have age against them.

That said, Zito is far from attractive for me. And he will want at least Oswalt $$$$$. Zito is not worth anywhere near $15 million per. Check out his overall record since he won the Cy Young in 2002. Barely above .500 the past 3 seasons, for a team that always wins 90 games.

Good pitcher? Certainly. Ace? No. Ace-like money? Definitely not.

but he's still worth Lastings Milledge :D

Archived