CBS.sportsline

I recently read an article saying that K Mike Nugent, former kicker from THE Ohio State University, is probably someone that either the Jets or Redskins take in the 2nd or 3rd round. My question to you is, would you be happy with the selection of Nugent in the 2nd or 3rd or would you think it would be a waste?

For those of you who don't know about Nugent...he's 10 times better than Sebastian Janikowski and Nate Keading, just to mention the last 2 highly touted kickers coming out of college. This man is dead accurate and at one point had what? some 30 straight FG's or something along those lines. He's not only got the leg to kick a 50-60 yard FG but he also has the accuracy.

I'd say: Nugent in Round 2!

Yea, it's always smart to use a 2nd round draft pick on a kicker. #-o

Especially when the Jets don't have any other needs to fill.

Ask the Raiders if they want the first they gave to Sebastian "Overweight, Drunk slipping woman date rape drugs" Janikowski?

If you are going to go that high for a kicker, he better be perfect forever on XPs and have 70 yard range into the hurricane winds.

Look at the Chargers they spent a third on Kaeding. Would you trade him for Brien?

I don't.

But would you use a 2nd rounder (regardless how many you have) to select a kicker?

[-X[-X[-X

If I had a bunch of picks, maybe, depending upon if other needs were filled prior.

If not I would consider it in the third round. You wouldn't?

No first day kickers. Yes, I consider that to be a waste.

If they really love a guy, then they can spend their second 7th rounder on him. Even that I'm not thrilled with. Kickers are meant to be undrafted FA's.

I don't think Westoff's a big fan of rookie kickers in general, BTW.

I recently read an article saying that K Mike Nugent, former kicker from THE Ohio State University, is probably someone that either the Jets or Redskins take in the 2nd or 3rd round. My question to you is, would you be happy with the selection of Nugent in the 2nd or 3rd or would you think it would be a waste?

For those of you who don't know about Nugent...he's 10 times better than Sebastian Janikowski and Nate Keading, just to mention the last 2 highly touted kickers coming out of college. This man is dead accurate and at one point had what? some 30 straight FG's or something along those lines. He's not only got the leg to kick a 50-60 yard FG but he also has the accuracy.

I'd say: Nugent in Round 2!

Honestly I think it would be a smart pick but I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with me.

If we draft a kicker in the 2nd round I will eat my own feces in public.

Consider yourselves warned.

Yikes!!!

Roll the video.

:shock:

Must admit 2nd round is a bit high.

But I could live with 3rd round.

If this guy's the real deal, you know how many games he could win for us?

Plenty.

d

Yikes!!!

Roll the video.

:shock:

Must admit 2nd round is a bit high.

But I could live with 3rd round.

If this guy's the real deal, you know how many games he could win for us?

Plenty.

d

0. By the time we've been able to remove the flattened Chad Pennington from the ground after all the hits he's taken on the blind side (due to Adrian Jones starting at LT), we will be too far behind in games to even dream of winning on a FG. **** DAY ONE KICKERS.

0. By the time we've been able to remove the flattened Chad Pennington from the ground after all the hits he's taken on the blind side (due to Adrian Jones starting at LT), we will be too far behind in games to even dream of winning on a FG. F#ck DAY ONE KICKERS.

Really?

This guy is that bad?

And he's still starting?

Hey Chad!!!

Roll right!!

Again!!

d

0. By the time we've been able to remove the flattened Chad Pennington from the ground after all the hits he's taken on the blind side (due to Adrian Jones starting at LT), we will be too far behind in games to even dream of winning on a FG. F#ck DAY ONE KICKERS.

That's pretty funny.

But 80 is right on. No way in hell any team should spend a day one pick on a friggn' kicker.

Hell, even Adam Vinatieri was a UDFA.

Read my last post.

Alot of people will argue that the 2nd round is too high for a kicker but if the guy turns out to be a Vinateri type kicker and wins you 3 superbowls (which Vinateri essentially did) I would gladly give up a 2nd round pick for him. I guess that's why I don't have an NFL job.

Alot of people will argue that the 2nd round is too high for a kicker but if the guy turns out to be a Vinateri type kicker and wins you 3 superbowls (which Vinateri essentially did) I would gladly give up a 2nd round pick for him. I guess that's why I don't have an NFL job.

But he wont win us Super Bowls, because this team currently isnt good enough to get to a super bowl.

Matt Jones rd 1? Mike Nugent rd 2? Have you all lost your minds? Am I the only sane one left who actually WANTS the Jets to win a Super Bowl?

All I have to say is, thank God Bradway is our GM and not some of you guys. And that says a LOT.

Read my last post.

You are way too much in love with the OT spot. Adrian Jones is going to be our other starting OT whether you like it or not. There is no way TB is going to take an OT in the 1st round, no freakin' way so get used to it and have some god damn faith in the young guys first before you bash him. You havn't even seen him play. What makes him any different from a guy in the 1st round this year? They both havn't played in the NFL yet, give him a freakin' chance.

Archived