****ing proctor

Blackout

Don't think there was much pressure or wear&tear on Proctor coming off 2 days off-throw a strike on 3-2 to Granderson, who strikes out more than anyone in the AL and can't hit it out of your living room. Ball 4, followed by a fat fastball to Monroe. It happens.

They have a solid lead. But it has to give Torre something to think about come playoff time when there's a big out needed. Kaat was even talking about how it seems that that last out is a very different thing. Proctor can eat the 7th and 8th inning outs up, but he isn't a 9th inning guy. Or at least not yet.

This one's on Torre. Hey, Joe - YOU CAN'T RUN VILLONE AND PROCTOR OUT THERE EVERY DAMNED GAME!

Wanna bet? He's been doing it all year.

Don't think there was much pressure or wear&tear on Proctor coming off 2 days off-throw a strike on 3-2 to Granderson, who strikes out more than anyone in the AL and can't hit it out of your living room. Ball 4, followed by a fat fastball to Monroe. It happens.

Don't forget Proctor pitched in the 1st game. He only threw one pitch, but warming up and then finally getting the 9th inning might have been a little bit of a pain the ass. Proctor's been stepping up all year and everybody gives 'em up once in a while, even Mariano.

Torre has no clue how to manage a bullpen over a 162 game season.

He screwed over Gordon and Quantrill the last couple years, and he is doing the same with Proctor and Villone. Thankfully, we have an 8 game lead, so we'll see more of Bruney and Dotel, so we should be ok once the playoffs start. Proctor and Villone should be very fresh as long as we play decent ball down the stretch and Torre doesnt handcuff these guys.

Farnsworth should have closed this one out. Yankees probably wont win tomorrow anyways, unless RJ can actually pitch good for once.

They lost and still picked up a half game on the Sox.

The race is over in the East.

It was good job for the Tigers who have had a tough August.

The Tigers are still a very scary team come the post season. I can see them doing what the White Sox did last year.

Play real well. Struggle in August and early September and then get the ship righted for a major post season run.

It will not suprise me in the least to the see the Tigers playing in the ALCS.

They lost and still picked up a half game on the Sox.

The race is over in the East.

It was good job for the Tigers who have had a tough August.

The Tigers are still a very scary team come the post season. I can see them doing what the White Sox did last year.

Play real well. Struggle in August and early September and then get the ship righted for a major post season run.

It will not suprise me in the least to the see the Tigers playing in the ALCS.

Problem with the Tigers is they don't work the count. Wright was cruising-73 pitches over 6 1/3 is nothing for him. And when the ptiching gets better in the playoffs you either drive the starter out by working the count or find youself looking at a fresh starter in the 7th followed by the opponent's closer in the 8th. They can feast on the crap teams all season, but that approach of swinging from the heels at everything is postseason disaster.

Problem with the Tigers is they don't work the count. Wright was cruising-73 pitches over 6 1/3 is nothing for him. And when the ptiching gets better in the playoffs you either drive the starter out by working the count or find youself looking at a fresh starter in the 7th followed by the opponent's closer in the 8th. They can feast on the crap teams all season, but that approach of swinging from the heels at everything is postseason disaster.

Very true.

If they finish with the best record in the AL they would most likely draw the West winner in the playoffs. (Oakland or Anaheim), while the Yankees would draw the wild card (Chicago or Minnesota). I can see the Tigers taking down the West winner. The Yankees should be able to take down the Twins but the White Sox would worry me.

If you get a Yankees-Tigers ALCS I think the Yanks would win but it would not be easy. (Six-Seven games).

The Tigers have the starting pitching, an excellent bullpen and they have a nice mix of youngsters sprinkled with a nice mix of veteran talent.

It would be a real good series between the two.

The question is. Will they get there ?

Archived