Bollinger TRADED to Minnesota

jetsrule128

well its something...its a position of need.

Exactly.

He sounds alright from the NFL bio.

315, ran a 4.99 40.

My hope is that they are going out and continuing to get FOOTBALL players who will run, block and tackle. Like an Eric Smith type who is a good tackler, a Brad Smith who can run, etc. Sean Ryan is a hardnosed football player. This guy was all Big 12 noseguard with 2 years NFL experience.

If the CS is assembling a roster of guys who they believe are good players, with the mentality they are looking for, it's another step in the right direction.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly.

He sounds alright from the NFL bio.

315, ran a 4.99 40.

My hope is that they are going out and continuing to get FOOTBALL players who will run, block and tackle. Like an Eric Smith type who is a good tackler, a Brad Smith who can run, etc. Sean Ryan is a hardnosed football player. This guy was all Big 12 noseguard with 2 years NFL experience.

If the CS is assembling a roster of guys who they believe are good players, with the mentality they are looking for, it's another step in the right direction.

this is the way to build a team-last year we thought FINALLY we get a big time name in Ty Law-we're going all the way....look how that philosophy has turned out for Oakland and the Redskins...um and us last year

This is a nice move. I remember this kid from last years draft. I thought he was going to go in the 3rd or 4th. I liked the kid.

What I like about these moves they are making is they are getting a look at some players, not stars, but fairly solid players, for players they would normally just release.

Mosley is being carried at 320 now, and had 3 sacks as a part time NT. Not bad.

He is going to be at worst a serviceable relief guy. At best, he has a lot of talent, good speed, and good size. He is actually really a NT.

let's be honest, these are 2 players that were both going to get cut by their respective teams. the only reason to make this trade is to avoid signing said players once they are cut and free agents. brooks may still not make the vikings roster - they have johnson, used a #2 on a QB, and 2 more backups behind that.

Absolutely, fo. They have to come in here and prove they belong. Let's see how good the current staff is on getting guys who can do that. The jury is still out on Barlow. Dyson looked good this summer.

I think the NT has a pretty good shot, considering two of our guys are on IR. This could be the widebody who can come in and keep guards off of Vilma.

Jets | Bollinger traded

Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:19:36 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the New York Jets have traded QB Brooks Bollinger to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for DL Ross Kolodziej. The deal will be finalized once both players pass their physicals.

NOT OFFICIAL YET

Vikings | Bollinger acquired

Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:45:33 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings have acquired QB Brooks Bollinger from the New York Jets in exchange for DL C.J. Mosley. The deal will be finalized once both players pass their physicals.

Jets | Bollinger traded

Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:19:36 -0700

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/33">Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports the New York Jets have traded QB Brooks Bollinger to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for DL C.J. Mosley. The deal will be finalized once both players pass their physicals.

:Typotux:

God damn. There goes Bollywood. He was going to start tomorrow night too and now he's traded? Beat. He would've been the 3 here, he's gonna be the 3 there as well. Tavaris Jackson has impressed and has earned the #2 role behind Brad Johnson in camp / preseason games. O'Sullivan? I believe it was who was Minnesota's 3 will probably be cut now (if he wasn't already) and Bollinger will take over as the #3. Good pick-up for them, good pick-up for us. Me & Barton's guy...but I don't think he really fits in as a 3-4 NT...do any of you? 6'2, 314 so he is bigger then DRob...should be interesting...obviously it's going to be between those two back and forth all season long.

shim.gif

VIKINGS ACQUIRE QB BOLLINGER IN TRADE

The Minnesota Vikings have acquired 4th-year QB Brooks Bollinger from the New York Jets in exchange for 2nd-year DT C.J. Mosley and an undisclosed draft choice.

Bollinger started a career-high 9 games for the Jets in 2005 and threw for 1,558 yards and 7 TD on the season. He completed 28-42 passes for a career-high 327 yards at Miami. Bollinger played in one game in 2004 and did not see any action as a rookie in 2003. He was originally selected by the Jets in the 6th round (200th overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft out of Wisconsin.

Bollinger posted a 30-12 record as a starter for the Badgers, becoming only one of seven Big Ten conference quarterbacks to win 30 games in a career. He holds the Wisconsin school career record for a QB with 518 carries for 1,767 yards and 26 TD, and ranks 2nd in school history with 5,627 yards passing and 38 TD.

Mosley was a 6th-round pick of the Vikings in 2005. He played in 12 games last season.

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_BollingerTrade83106.html:Typotux::yahoo::thumbup:::GoJets:

Ok 3 theories as to where Fred is now

1. He had a joygasm, went to the vikings fan store online and ordered a custom Bollinger Jersey and is currently posting on one of their fansite how Bollinger is the #2 guy and successor to Brad Johnson

2. Currently running on foot to Minnesota

3. Laying naked in a fetal position sucking his thumb, holding his Bollinger jersey like a blankie, in front of his closet shrine complete with actual lock of hair and custom made action figure.

Love this trade.

I know quite a few of us were pissed that the Jets drafted Pouha over Mosely last year, myself included.

I'm feeling good about moving Bolly and Jolley today, and getting rid of some of the baggage from the previous regime. Keeping them around would have been SSDD.

Now this allows ramsey some breathing room, even tho he's been a stiff so far, and at least removes any doubt about which qbs they will keep; and, it opens up a couple of spots for younger guys like the new NT or the new TE Ryan, or maybe Newhouse or Wallace (I'm pulling for both/either of them to stick).

Bolly's drivin' through the city tonight

Through the lights in a beat-up rent-a-car

He'll catch a red-eye to the land of the lakes

It's a scene at JFK's baggage check

Say goodbye to Bollywood

Say goodbye to him, Freddy

Say goodbye to Bollywood

Say goodbye to him, Freedy

Bolly's been stinkin' up the joint for a while

And his style is so wrong for the NFL

They got him sitting in a seat on the aisle

Now he won't be a Jets scrub anymore

Say goodbye to Bollywood

Say goodbye to Bollywood

Chorus:

Movin' on is a chance that you have to take

Because Manginibaum said so

Whoa

Turn in your playbook

And you find that your days with the Jets

Are gone forever

Forever

So many faces in and out of your life

Some wore green

You're no longer one of them

Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes

I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again

Say goodbye to Bollywood

Say goodbye to Bollywood

Chorus:

Movin' on is a chance that you have to take

Because Manginibaum said so

Whoa

Turn in your playbook

And you find that your days with the Jets

Are gone forever

Forever

So many faces in and out of your life

Some wore green

You're no longer one of them

Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes

I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again

Say goodbye to Bollywood

Say goodbye to Bollywood

This is crazy. I just got a nasty email accusing me of stealing the headline that we have on the front page from JI. The only problem is I posted that I was doing this days ago:

Say GoodBye To Bollywood

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=277496&postcount=10

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=295262&postcount=10

This is crazy. I just got a nasty email accusing me of stealing the headline that we have on the front page from JI. The only problem is I posted that I was doing this days ago:

Say GoodBye To Bollywood

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=277496&postcount=10

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=295262&postcount=10

Seems like JI can't get JN out of their heads. I thought we sucked and were a nothing website? We sure do seem to get a lot of attention.

Today has been sensational. Reading the "SI Poll" thread on JI and then this? I haven't laughed this much a long time!

Seems like JI can't get JN out of their heads. I thought we sucked and were a nothing website? We sure do seem to get a lot of attention.

Today has been sensational. Reading the "SI Poll" thread on JI and then this? I haven't laughed this much a long time!

I didn't mean to turn this thread into this. Just thought wow -- I come back to an email blasting me for stealing something that I posted over a month ago. Funny thing is the person used the Contact Us form. If he hates us so much he certainly knows his way around the board. He didn't use his real name though. It came in as JNsuksBALLS@yahoo.com Maybe that is a real email, seems obsessive if it is though.

Anyhow let's get back to the important stuff. Like Bollinger being cut!

Yes yes we all loved and still do love CJ Mosley but that was when we ran a 4-3. Now in a 3-4 is he still a good fit here at NT at 6'2, 314?

We need a 4-3 nose to stand in front of our 4-3 middle linebacker as we run the 3-4. Duh.

Although Brooks wasn't the most talented quarterback for us, I will always root for him, in the way he played hard, and took hit after hit, improving his game week after week.

I happened to be at the game in arizona when he saw his first NFL action in '04, everyone was like 'Brooks who?', but I've liked him ever since, and I really hope he does well in Minnesota.

Archived