Kudos to the Yanks

Mavrik

The Tigers have enough pitching to hang on. Unless the kids jit a wall in Sept. I doubt the pennant push effects anyone but Rogers, who probably will crack under the pressure.

Now the hitting, that's a nother story. I doubt that lineup is enough to beat the White Sox or Yankees in a short series.

The Tigers have enough pitching to hang on. Unless the kids jit a wall in Sept. I doubt the pennant push effects anyone but Rogers, who probably will crack under the pressure.

Now the hitting, that's a nother story. I doubt that lineup is enough to beat the White Sox or Yankees in a short series.

Hitting doesn't win in a short series...pitching always prevails. See 1963 Dodgers/Yanks...

Hitting doesn't win in a short series...pitching always prevails. See 1963 Dodgers/Yanks...

Very true.

But in today's game, you need to be able to show some sock to win. Otherwise, you run dead when you face a decent staff. Look at what happened to the Astros the past couple of seasons.

I still think the Tigers will be facing the Yanks in the ALCS.

The Tigers will snap out of this funk. It may get a little uncomfortable for Guns and Mav but I do think they will prevail.

You got to love Leyland too. Did anyone see him yesterday get tossed during the 7th inning stretch ? Aruges, then takes his hat off when Robert Merrill intors God Bless America, pays homage and then as soon as the song is finished resumes the arugement ?

Classic.

Archived