WOO HOO...a two game winning streak!

Latinlawyer

As a Mets fan, i am delighted that the Mets won again today 8-4. This game showed me a few things.

1) the Starting pitching can be very Good

2) The Middle relief is just hideous. Aybar should be cut.

3) The Mets hitting looks really good.

4) Speed is vastly upgraded on this team.

5) Mike Piazza is ice cold...

6) Cliff Floyd is clutch

7) Thank God that Franco doesnt pitch for us anymore

8) Looper looks to be back

Two in a row, I feel a winning streak coming!

LL

Randolph managed his a$$ off out there today. Double steals, pinch-hitting in the 6th, sending runners, bunting for hits. Crazy. They should trade Piazza tomorrow for anybody.

This team can play for HR's or small ball. Randolph is starting to show his knowledge of the game.

We need to get rid of Aybar..that guy almost cost us the game.

LL

The middle relief is a big problem and Piazza in the middle of the lineup when he is in his funks will kill rallies.

But I love the aggressiveness -at least if we lose show some spunk and fight out there.

As a Mets fan, i am delighted that the Mets won again today 8-4. This game showed me a few things.

1) the Starting pitching can be very Good

2) The Middle relief is just hideous. Aybar should be cut.

3) The Mets hitting looks really good.

4) Speed is vastly upgraded on this team.

5) Mike Piazza is ice cold...

6) Cliff Floyd is clutch

7) Thank God that Franco doesnt pitch for us anymore

8) Looper looks to be back

Two in a row, I feel a winning streak coming!

LL

They need to get healthy but yes things are looking up.

I was reading up on the highlights on yahoo and I agree with LL about Aybar. This guy just flat out sucks. Poor relief pitching on this squad is the last thing it needs. Glad to see it did not come back to haunt them today like it did vs. the Reds in the season opener.

And just to add to LL's list...

add to #3:

Beltran is one great pickup for this lineup. Talk about Cliff Floyd being clutch, I think Beltran is making the hitters around him better too (except Piazza of course).

I am hoping that Scott Strickland and Moreno can get healthy to help out the middle relief situation. Heilman for a first round pick out of Notre Dame is looking like a drafting disaster by the scouting department.

I am hoping that Scott Strickland and Moreno can get healthy to help out the middle relief situation. Heilman for a first round pick out of Notre Dame is looking like a drafting disaster by the scouting department.

The thing the mets need is a bridge to looper. The middle relief is soft. However, Roberto Hernandez did well...he went 1-2-3 in the 8th innning. DeJean and Aybar have looked terrible. We need Strickland back. Where is he?

LL

The thing the mets need is a bridge to looper. The middle relief is soft. However, Roberto Hernandez did well...he went 1-2-3 in the 8th innning. DeJean and Aybar have looked terrible. We need Strickland back. Where is he?

LL

LL Strickland had major arm surgery -he has to hopefully get his arm strength back and command- he accepted an assignment in the minors with the Mets to continue working back into shape

LL Strickland had major arm surgery -he has to hopefully get his arm strength back and command- he accepted an assignment in the minors with the Mets to continue working back into shape

If we are in contention, I see Minaya pulling off some deals for bullpen help at the all-star break...these are the new mets!

LL

If we are in contention, I see Minaya pulling off some deals for bullpen help at the all-star break...these are the new mets!

LL

Minaya is aggressive GM- he will not hesitate to pull a trade- right now there really is nothing good to trade for-

Minaya is aggressive GM- he will not hesitate to pull a trade- right now there really is nothing good to trade for-

I see minaya targeting Ugueth Urbina at the all-star break as well as relievers from the Pirates and the Devil Rays. Minaya has something that prior Mets GMs dont have...clout. The Wilpons trust him bigtime...so they will allow him to go out and get relievers.

LL

Danny Baez supposedly can be had for a bat.

I know Baez flies under the radar toiling in Tampa Bay but he would challenge Looper from day one for the closers job.

I honestly think this deal might have happened already if Cameron had not suffered a setback.

Plus they owe us after the Kazmir (who was mediocre again last night) deal.

Danny Baez supposedly can be had for a bat.

I know Baez flies under the radar toiling in Tampa Bay but he would challenge Looper from day one for the closers job.

I honestly think this deal might have happened already if Cameron had not suffered a setback.

Plus they owe us after the Kazmir (who was mediocre again last night) deal.

I am hoping Kazmir does well even though he no longer is with the Mets organization. Tampa will look to shed salary as soon as the season looks hopeless- Baez is a good option Gimmeshelter.

What's awesome is that the Mets, for the first time in memory, have some really marketable players to deal that are useless to them right now. Mike Cameron and Mike Piazza both can't wait to leave, and the Mets can't wait to dump them. IMO, some contender will come a-knocking for Cameron's D and Piazza's bat sure enough. The Mets could get much better real quick by moving those two bags of sh*t.

What's awesome is that the Mets, for the first time in memory, have some really marketable players to deal that are useless to them right now. Mike Cameron and Mike Piazza both can't wait to leave, and the Mets can't wait to dump them. IMO, some contender will come a-knocking for Cameron's D and Piazza's bat sure enough. The Mets could get much better real quick by moving those two bags of Sh#t.

I have no problem with Diaz and Valent playing in the outfield if Cameron can be dealt to help improve the pitching staff.

I have this thing about guys that do not put the ball in play-give me a line drive type of player that uses all the field rather than a guy that hits some home runs and strikes out so much

I have no problem with Diaz and Valent playing in the outfield if Cameron can be dealt to help improve the pitching staff.

I have this thing about guys that do not put the ball in play-give me a line drive type of player that uses all the field rather than a guy that hits some home runs and strikes out so much

Bingo.

The mets are chalk-full of all-or-nothing guys, and I'm sick of all the strikeouts. They're almost worse than double plays.

Cameron will be a commodity especially if the Astros still need a CF.

Piazza? Well, you would think an AL team that wants a DH might get him PLUS he is in the last year of his Contract! So....who knows.

I Like Victor Diaz...the kid has good intangibles...

You can tell these mets can hit...the question will be can the pitching help!

I'd be lying if I said that I had faith in the bullpen and the 4th and 5th starters.. :^o

LL

Ishii pitched real well last night- now it is time for Zambrano to step up with all his potential to become a bonafide pitcher that is dependable.

Piazza is clogging up production in the middle of the lineup. Floyd out with rib strain last night- sounds familiar another guy that can never stay in the lineup consistently.

3-5, here come the Mets. =D>

Gotta give the Mets a hand even though I'm a Yankee fan. They've played very well in their last 3 games. It's easy to see that the Mets could be one of the best if given a dominant closer.

3-5, here come the Mets. =D>

Gotta give the Mets a hand even though I'm a Yankee fan. They've played very well in their last 3 games. It's easy to see that the Mets could be one of the best if given a dominant closer.

It's now 4-5, thank you. :lol:

That makes SIX in a row.

Victor Diaz is in the middle of every rally.

Piazza finally awakening.

Trade Cameron the minute he is healthy for Danny Baez the closer on Tampa Bay.

Why on earth would Tampa make that trade?

Archived