Tecmo Bowl question (1988/1989)

Barton

Ok. So I bust out the Tecmo Bowl for the late 80's, it doesn't even have all the teams in the game, so I try playing and winning games, and trying to find the password the gets you the Jets. Been at it for a week now and haven't had any success

Is it even possible to get the Jets in the 1989 game?? :roll:

WTF? How can you make a game and not have all the teams? thats pathetic

I usually play with LA because bo jackson is just awesome

It was 1988, man. Give em a break.

If you don't like Tecmo Bowl, I bet you would HATE Double Dribble.

LOL

thats no excuse, you gotta have all the teams, cmon! thats so damn lame

Double Dribble only had four teams.

But it was worth it, because the Lakers mascot that looked like a giant blue dildo would run past the cheerleaders at half-time.

Played that game ALL the time my 2nd year in college. My roommate once punched the window and shattered it because he was losing.

Spent the next few hours in the E.R. with him. That was a great game for the time.

If I was in college know with a PS2 or XBOX I would never go to class. Actually I never went to class back then. So I guess it doesn't really matter.

Walter Payton running that sweep behind Tom Thayer was just out of control. LT is the best player in that entire game.

And double dribble ruled.

Holy crap.....LT was a beast. God help any lineman that got in his way. They just kind of flew off the screen.

That was the last game that actually gave you a shot to block a field goal.

LOL

thats no excuse, you gotta have all the teams, cmon! thats so damn lame

Yeah, there is a good excuse. They were on cartridges that had limited data. Until EA came out with the extra large cartridges even their early NBA games on the Genesis (the generation after the NES) only had the NBA playoff teams.

Also, most games at the time had fake teams, so Tecmo having pro teams was amazing. Each playbook had 4 plays (2 run and 2 pass - except for a few teams that had 3 of 1 and 1 of the other).

Tecmo Bowl to this day is one of the greatest games to ever hit a home console.

Yeah, there is a good excuse. They were on cartridges that had limited data. Until EA came out with the extra large cartridges even their early NBA games on the Genesis (the generation after the NES) only had the NBA playoff teams.

Also, most games at the time had fake teams, so Tecmo having pro teams was amazing. Each playbook had 4 plays (2 run and 2 pass - except for a few teams that had 3 of 1 and 1 of the other).

Tecmo Bowl to this day is one of the greatest games to ever hit a home console.

I understand

But I still think it is really lame.

Archived