Gameplanning Against The Jets

Maxman

So the Titans are sitting back and they don't know much. The Jets are all new and besides from some trick plays they haven't shown much.

On Defense the Titans have to be thinking ALL OUT BLITZ. The Jets have to prove that they can throw deep. They have to prove that they can run the ball. But the Titans I am sure are going to exploit what the Jets were terrible at during the preseason and that is blitz pickup. The game will probably be determined by Chad and Co -- if they can make Tenn pay for blitzing, the Jets have a shot. Otherwise it is going to be a LONG year.

What the Jets do on defense is really anybody's guess. You have Sutton mixing with Mangini. Who knows what it will produce. You have a bunch of players that are new to this system. You have a head coach in his first game.

The one thing that is known about this defense is that they seem to be good tacklers. Fundamentals was what this camp was all about. I didn't see guys going for the big hit, instead the wrapped and tackled. It was a nice change.

But the Jets defensive gameplan will remain a mystery. I would think they would be aggressive especially with Tenn having QB issues.

I can't wait until Sunday!

It is tough to say what the Jets will do - but a couple of things come to mind.

On offense - I believe the Jets will come out and run a lot of screens if the Titans decide to run zone blitzes. With the lack of any consistentdeep threat this will be the only way to keep the defense honest - but will only be effective against zone blitzes. Hopefully McCarriens, Tim Dwight or Brad Smith can beat the defense deep against a man blitz. I would look for the Jets to come out with a spread formation to try and set a tone offensively while trying to see exactly what Tenn will be running.

On Defense - I would look for Tenn to try and line up and run right at the 3-4 with Chris Brown. The Tenn WR's are less that spectacular and are no more of deep threats than the Jets. Look for Rhodes to be in the box all day blitzing and making tackles. If Vince Young were to start (which I read is possible) look for the Jets to disguise everything on defense to confuse the youngster. I would think Tenn will go with the Vet in this game since this is will be of the more complex fronts they will see all year.

Or your buddy Slick Willy saying he never inhaled...sorry, SFJ...just had to get that in.:pimp:

yea kinda hard to believe-even for a died in the wool liberal like me-my opinion on politics and especially politicians has changed-I've concluded they are all pretty much scallywags dems and repubs alike...

Playing against the Jets offense seems pretty logical you have to challenge Chad to show he can throw the ball down the field. I would not respect the long range passing game until someone can show me otherwise

I think Schott gave them something to think about on that opening play by Clemens to Brad Smith

this is what i love about the jets preseason. for a team with low expectations the titans are forced to prepare for just about everything. there are only so many hours of practice in a week and the titans need to look at everything - the pats d from recent years, the chargers offense, the preseason games, etc...

the one thing i am sure of with this game is that the jets will be more prepared than they were for the 1st game of last season against the chiefs.

this is what i love about the jets preseason. for a team with low expectations the titans are forced to prepare for just about everything. there are only so many hours of practice in a week and the titans need to look at everything - the pats d from recent years, the chargers offense, the preseason games, etc...

the one thing i am sure of with this game is that the jets will be more prepared than they were for the 1st game of last season against the chiefs.

I truly believe that we will be much better than we were last year-and yea I hope I ain't sitting here like I'm on Thorazine like I was during last years' opening day-we are a much better tackling team from what I've seen so far-I'll tell ya Tennessee is gonna be throwing that ball down the field from what I saw of their last PS game

I want to see the Jets beatup on the Titans because i'm a jet fan and it would start our season off on the right foot.With that said,what would it mean if the Jets went to Tennessee,and lost that game compared to the Jets losing the Chiefs game Last yr in Kansay City.

Are the Titans a better team than the Jets

Are the Titans a better team than the 2005 chiefs

Are the 2006 Jets a worst team than the 2005 Jets

Is the home field advantage in Tennessee equal to that of KC

What exactly would it mean other than the Jets being 0-1 .

we aren't any better or worse than last year...we haven't proved that yet. That won't be measured till the end of the year, not even at our 5th win.

It's too soon to tell, and even if we win 5 who's to say one of the teams we face didn't get worse instead of us getting better. Right now we are younger, a little tougher, have a different coaching staff with a new style, and less "stars" but more dependable starters.

I personally think we are better, if only by the fact that last year was like a porche with a million miles on it...it sure looked good but under the hood it was just waiting to fall apart.

we aren't any better or worse than last year...we haven't proved that yet. That won't be measured till the end of the year, not even at our 5th win.

It's too soon to tell, and even if we win 5 who's to say one of the teams we face didn't get worse instead of us getting better. Right now we are younger, a little tougher, have a different coaching staff with a new style, and less "stars" but more dependable starters.

I personally think we are better, if only by the fact that last year was like a porche with a million miles on it...it sure looked good but under the hood it was just waiting to fall apart.

Well,let's examine that shall we.

Offense - New offense with new coordinator

QB _ Chad Pennington Vs Chad Pennington

LT _ Jason Fabini vs Brick Ferguson

LG _ Brandon Moore vs Brandon Moore

OC _Kevin Mawae vs sp

RG _ Pete Kendall vs Pete Kendall

RT _ Adrian Jones vs Anthony Clements

RB _Curtis Martin vs ?

FB _BJ Askew vs BJ Askew

WR _ Lav Coles s Lav Coles

WR _Justin Mac vs Jerrico Cotchery

TE _ Chris Baker Vs Chris Baker

Defense _ 2nd yr defense vs new defense

LDE _ Bryan Thomas Vs Kimo Vo Olhoffen

DT _ Dwayne Rob Vs Dwayne Rob

DT _ James Reed Vs ?

RDE _ Shaun Ellis Vs Shaun Ellis

LoLB _ Mark brown Vs Bryan Thomas

ILB _ John Vilma Vs John Vilma

ILB _ ? Vs Eric Barton

ROLB _ Victor Hobson Vs Victor Hobson

LCB _ Ty Law Vs Andre Dyson

RCB _ David Barrett Vs Justin Miller

SS _ Eric Coleman Vs Eric Coleman

FS _ Kerry Rhodes Vs Kerry Rhodes

In just about every situation,the 2006 Team is improved over the team that started the season last yr.

Offense - New offense with new coordinator (Mike Heimerdinger is actually a better Offensive Coordinator than Brian Schottenheimer)

QB _ Chad Pennington Vs Chad Pennington (Same)

LT _ Jason Fabini vs Brick Ferguson (Improvement)

LG _ Brandon Moore vs Brandon Moore (Same)

OC _Kevin Mawae vs sp (Improvement)

RG _ Pete Kendall vs Pete Kendall (Same)

RT _ Adrian Jones vs Anthony Clements (Worse, Clements sucks and I don't know why Mangina is so high on him)

RB _Curtis Martin vs ? (This is terrible)

FB _BJ Askew vs BJ Askew (Worse, we had Jerald Sowell, a reall FB last year. Askew stinks)

WR _ Lav Coles s Lav Coles (Same)

WR _Justin Mac vs Jerrico Cotchery (Same)

TE _ Chris Baker Vs Chris Baker (Same)

LDE _ Bryan Thomas Vs Kimo Vo Olhoffen (You mean John Abraham. As much as I hate Abe this is a downgrade. Worse)

DT _ Dwayne Rob Vs Dwayne Rob (Same)

DT _ James Reed Vs ? (No way we should be going with a 3-4)

RDE _ Shaun Ellis Vs Shaun Ellis (Same)

LoLB _ Mark brown Vs Bryan Thomas (Worse, I don't like this experiment at all.)

ILB _ John Vilma Vs John Vilma (Same)

ILB _ ? Vs Eric Barton

LCB _ Ty Law Vs Andre Dyson (Worse, as overrated as Law was last year this has to be a downgrade.)

RCB _ David Barrett Vs Justin Miller (Slight improvement)

FS _ Kerry Rhodes Vs Kerry Rhodes (Both same, guess B. Smith hasn't found a position yet.)

In just about every situation,the 2006 Team is improved over the team that started the season last yr. (I don't think so. That team had just come off a playoff run and had it not been for injuries would have probably gone 7-9 or 8-8.)

The Jets got rid of Mawae and improved the Center position? Alrighty then.

Max,I said in just about every position,not every position.I'm on record on this site stating that the Jets should have kept Mawae for the last yr of his contract .Keeping him could have allowed Ferguson to develop even more quickly with an experience OC calling the blocking assignments and getting the OLmen all on the same page.

Mangold could/can do the job, the experience of a player like Mawae could have been beneficial.Mangini thought different,and he's the one who will be judged when it's all said and done.

P.S. I just realized you were responding to kid Loco's edit of my post.My apologies sir.

Offense - New offense with new coordinator (Mike Heimerdinger is actually a better Offensive Coordinator than Brian Schottenheimer)

QB _ Chad Pennington Vs Chad Pennington (Same)

LT _ Jason Fabini vs Brick Ferguson (Improvement)

LG _ Brandon Moore vs Brandon Moore (Same)

OC _Kevin Mawae vs sp (Improvement)

RG _ Pete Kendall vs Pete Kendall (Same)

RT _ Adrian Jones vs Anthony Clements (Worse, Clements sucks and I don't know why Mangina is so high on him)

RB _Curtis Martin vs ? (This is terrible)

FB _BJ Askew vs BJ Askew (Worse, we had Jerald Sowell, a reall FB last year. Askew stinks)

WR _ Lav Coles s Lav Coles (Same)

WR _Justin Mac vs Jerrico Cotchery (Same)

TE _ Chris Baker Vs Chris Baker (Same)

LDE _ Bryan Thomas Vs Kimo Vo Olhoffen (You mean John Abraham. As much as I hate Abe this is a downgrade. Worse)

DT _ Dwayne Rob Vs Dwayne Rob (Same)

DT _ James Reed Vs ? (No way we should be going with a 3-4)

RDE _ Shaun Ellis Vs Shaun Ellis (Same)

LoLB _ Mark brown Vs Bryan Thomas (Worse, I don't like this experiment at all.)

ILB _ John Vilma Vs John Vilma (Same)

ILB _ ? Vs Eric Barton

LCB _ Ty Law Vs Andre Dyson (Worse, as overrated as Law was last year this has to be a downgrade.)

RCB _ David Barrett Vs Justin Miller (Slight improvement)

FS _ Kerry Rhodes Vs Kerry Rhodes (Both same, guess B. Smith hasn't found a position yet.)

In just about every situation,the 2006 Team is improved over the team that started the season last yr. (I don't think so. That team had just come off a playoff run and had it not been for injuries would have probably gone 7-9 or 8-8.)

The QB that started the 2005 season for the NY Jets is in no way the same as the QB about to start the 2006 season.Chad Pennington is quite honestly much further along in his rehab and his execution of this offense than he was with the offense in 2005.For 1 thing,the guy actually participated in all the off season OTAs and training camp practices this time around.

The QB that started the 2005 season for the NY Jets is in no way the same as the QB about to start the 2006 season.Chad Pennington is quite honestly much further along in his rehab and his execution of this offense than he was with the offense in 2005.For 1 thing,the guy actually participated in all the off season OTAs and training camp practices this time around.

Thank you. Plus he is coming off a scope instead of what he went through the 1st time.

Archived