Serious question concerning the QB position

NIGHT STALKER

If, after our 8th game and we're say, 2-6 and Pennington is healthy, do you still go with him or another direction at QB?

Depends on his play. If he's playing well (not just numbers), then no, but if he's average... then yes, you probably do not even wait that long.

To me, it honestly depends on the offensive line. I don't care what our record is, if the offensive line is playing terribly, we should NOT throw Clemens in there. An experience like that can be completely traumatizing for a young QB. See: Ramsey, Patrick and Couch, Tim.

The way I see it, if the team is 2-6, it's probably because the QB isn't getting the job done, so yeah, I'd pull him. For this team to be 2-6 at the halfway point and it isn't all Chad's fault, then we have a collosal bust situation both via the draft and free agency with Brick, Mangold, Barlow, and that TE, Stretch Armstrong.

I don't see that happening though. I'm thinking more along the lines of 3-5. :rl:

If, after our 8th game and we're say, 2-6 and Pennington is healthy, do you still go with him or another direction at QB?

Yes. If he does not get the collar sooner.

While I do not agree with the Jets keeping Chad. He is obviously not a long term solution. I also understand that they do not want to totally tank the season and go with Klemens. However, if they are circling the toilet and they feel Klemens has the mental capability to shake off any struggles he might have, make a switch as soon as possible. No reason not to start the learning process as soon as possible.

Archived