Norm Katnik- How did he play filling in?Comments

faba

Jetcane we are thinking alike- that worries me!

I'd be worried too, if I were you. ;-)

Exit, Kapnick did alright vs the pass rush, not as good against the run, same as the rest of the OL. The Titans were scheming to stop the run, and most of the pass rush came from the edge, not over Kapnick. He did aight for a fillin.

Kendall may be out for a while according to the Star Ledger...but then again it showed no evidence in it.

However, Katnik played surprisingly well and the OLine protected Chad really well for the most part. Katnik filled in pretty damn well.

Kendall may be out for a while according to the Star Ledger...but then again it showed no evidence in it.

However, Katnik played surprisingly well and the OLine protected Chad really well for the most part. Katnik filled in pretty damn well.

i completely agree with this assessment. the oline was brick, katnick, and mangold - a combined experience of ZERO nfl games and they held up pretty well all things considered. if kendall is out for any period of time hopefully the jets can plug teague into his spot. having depth on the oline is a wonderful thing and yet another failing of the past regime.

Example of the versatility that Mangini likes. I recall seeing Katnik

playing guard during the preseason even tho he is a Center.

Katnik was picked off the SF practice squad last year because the Jets

at the time had him highly rated. He survived all the cuts the jets made

at cut down time even tho they let a lot of OL go.

If Kendall comes back next week as it's been reported at least we found

some more depth for the OL.

Untill further notice let's refer to Norm Katnik as J P Machado.He was better than Gopdwin,but the jury is still out.:yawn:

i was just about to log on and say he was better than Machado

the best compliment anyone can pay Katnik is that most of the fans didn't even notice the change

he did a very acceptable job - no huge dumb mistakes or at least not any more than Kendall would have had - im more concerned about the blitz pickups of Blaylock

Archived