Tonight's Yankee Lineup Changes

Smizzy

Bernie should stay at 9, he seems to fare well there. Had his best night of the season. Leave him at 9!! I love the lineup how it was tonight, I see no problem with having the exact one the rest of the season.

The announcers said that it was the first time since 1977 that a team had fielded a lineup entirely of former all-stars.

Which made no sense to me. Wasn't Ruben Sierra awesome about ten years ago? Seems like they already fielded a lineup of all-stars on opening night.

The announcers said that it was the first time since 1977 that a team had fielded a lineup entirely of former all-stars.

Which made no sense to me. Wasn't Ruben Sierra awesome about ten years ago? Seems like they already fielded a lineup of all-stars on opening night.

Ruben was a pretty good all around player when he came up. Hit over .300 pretty early in his career. He could hit for power, run and wasn't a bad fielder...had a decent arm.

Then he bulked up beyond belief. (Steroids?). But he wasn't the same player and actually was out of MLB for awhile as a result. The late 90's...he fell off the map!

I think this lineup is worth sticking with. I originally didn't think they could lead Womack off because the speed at the bottom on the lineup would be so terrible.

Williams batting 9th changes that a bit. Now it is only 6 7 8 that are clogging up the base paths.

I always like Jeter in the # 2 hole because of his bunting ability. I always hated AROD in the # 2 hole because he is a 40 hr guy who makes too much money to hit 2nd.

I hope Joe sticks with this one and gives it a shot.

Archived